HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sprucing up our Master Bath

Okay, so first let me preface this by saying this was not a bathroom remodel. This was just a paint job and some decorating. If this were my dream house, I would design something completely different. It would include an antique dresser that I would use to put the sink in. The sink would have either a beautiful oil-rubbed bronze faucet or an antique faucet and I would most definitely have a cast-iron tub. I love our home and am so thankful for it, but it doesn't always reflect my true taste. It ended up a bit more shabby chic than I was going for, but oh well. We simply added some paint and accessories to spruce it up a bit. Without a big overhaul, there isn't much you can do with all of the lovely builder basics =(, but it was still fun to try to make it a bit prettier. Pretty much it was just paint on the walls (I LOVE the color and will definitely use it again) and cabinets and then we bought the mirror at an antique mall, a few $6 jars from TJMaxx, and a couple of new towels at Target and then everything else we already had. The flowers are from the Colonial Williamsburg Farmer's Market www.vaflowerfarm.com


Here is a finished shot:


Here are a couple before - this was after the big huge sheet of mirror was taken down.


Little helper Lillie!


And here are a bunch more "after" shots:


I plan on switching the wedding photo with a black silhouette of Lillie in an ivory frame, but didn't have time to finish her silhouette this weekend.
Here are some pictures of our master bedroom that go with the bathroom. The wall color looks quite different in the photos - it is a charcoal color that is a few shades darker than the bathroom.


I keep most of my necklaces on my Dear Lillie dress form.

I think that's enough photos for one day! Haha!

Don't forget to enter our giveaway for one of our dresses! Click here or scroll down a few posts!

20 comments:

  1. I love your bathroom!!!! You guys are soooooo clean!!!! I love fresh paint! No finger marks..... yet! I think we have the same towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I'm speechless!!! 1st I'll start off by saying I L.O.V.E that mirror!!! Gorgeous pics Jenni!!!! Our master bathroom was very similar as yours...except no bath...just a stand up shower:) Well, all I can say is that you made "just a paint job" look like a complete overhaul!!! Nice work!!:) And just because you used shabby chic towels from Target doesn't make the bathroom look too shabby chic:) I LOVE all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! I know what you mean about having to work with builder basics...you don't even want to see our bathroom. We haven't even touched it yet and we've been here 3 yrs! Love that mirror! It really does look nice. I'm with you about using furniture instead of cabinets...I want the same thing...still dreaming! Anyway, thanks for sharing! Have a great evening!!

    xo
    Hana
    MomTog Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jenni! I love it! I love the lighter cabinet and the mirror is gorgeous! What a great space! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so gorgeous! You are a huge inspiration for me. Right now with toddler triplets I doubt I can have anything that beautiful in my house without it being destroyed...but its a great long-term goal for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purrrty! I love that mirror! I'll buy it off ya! :) Come finish our house PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! Haha - Jenn! The no fingerprints lasted all of five minutes. The day after I got everything finished in there, Lillie found a tub of cocoa butter lotion. I have no idea where she found it. I bought it when I was pregnant with her because it said it would help prevent stretch marks. After using it once I couldn't handle the smell of it and must have put it in one of the drawers in our bathroom. Well, while I was showering she found it and when I got out of the shower I found both her and the bathroom coated in it! It was so funny, but soooo frustrating. She was just wearing a t-shirt and diaper and had rubbed it all over her legs (I think she thought it was sunscreen) and arms and face and hair and even all over her shirt and then must have thought it was fun or something and moved onto the cabinets, tub and floor. She didn't get any on the walls, but did move out to the bedroom and got it on the rug and duvet! Ahhhhh! Needless to say I spent the next hour trying to get it off of her and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so speechless! I love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking up at the cocoa butter incident. Harrison loved to get into my lotions as a toddler and we have had our share of greasy finger stained walls, carpets, and comforters. Never a dull moment. LOL

    Your bathroom is beautiful and your master bedroom is gorgeous! Like Hana, we have been in our home 3 years and have yet to touch the master bed & bath. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. You have inspired me to want to paint mine. :)

    xo
    Mande

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love your transformation! Looking to do something similar in my bathroom when my hubby gets home from deployment. Did you paint your cabinets or get all new ones? Also, what paint colors did you use? Thanks for your inspiration! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone! Alex - we used Benjamin Moore's Stormy Monday for the walls and Benjamin Moore's Ballet White for the cabinets. I have used the Ballet White a million different places in our home - I love it! We painted out kitchen cabinets with it and about 15 pieces of furniture with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its so pretty! and your bedroom is beautiful! i see that you commented on the colors, thank you! i would love to see your kitchen! pretty please! i have been debating on painting my cabinets or not! our house is four yrs old and i worry! thanks so much on leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! i would love for you to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing spaces you have created! I love the silver tray and how you repurposed that oversized salt/pepper shaker. Beautiful colors in both rooms. Very awesome place you have! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great...you have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Your bathroom is gorgeous. Thank you so much for letting us know the paint colors you used for the walls and cabinets. They're stunning. I have been searching for the perfect grey and I think I've found it. Thank you!!

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to see your painted kitchen cabs...and would love a post about ur photography on yourblog...they are stunning! Do you use Photoshop ans are you the worlds best photographer?! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do use Photoshop! I am a tad addicted to it - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh - and I may do a photography post at some point - I just need to learn how to explain things a bit better so it will make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...