HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

An Oil Painting for Our Den


I took these pictures a few weeks ago and finally am getting around to posting them. We haven't changed much in here but we did add a painting above the fireplace (and moved the mirror that was there to the upstairs hallway). This painting was my grandfather's and my mom kindly passed it on down to me because she knew how much I loved it. I love having such a visual reminder of him in our home.

With the except of the lamps and the drapery panels we pretty much already owned everything in here before we moved which was nice. I think someday it would be kind of cool to have a chesterfield sofa in here to replace the white one but that's probably quite a few years away...







I'd like to have some more of Jon's basketball related things in here but haven't won him over to that idea yet...





The beautiful butterfly tray was a gift from Jon's mom.


Source List:

Wall Color - Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore
Sofa - by Lee Industries (was purchased for 1/3 the retail price 7 years ago)
Slipcovered Wingback Chairs - Savvy in Williamsburg about 5 years ago
Trunk - Found at an antique shop in Ashville, NC about 9 years ago
Airplane Rocker - was a gift from my aunt for the girls about three years ago
Small Gold Mirror - house warming gift from years ago
Large Gold Mirror - Pottery Barn about 7 years ago
Rug - Remnant from Lowe's
Demilune Side Table - also a gift from about 7 years ago, was from an antique shop in Camden, SC
Dresser - Consignment shop 7 years ago painted in Ballet White
Side Chair - Antique Shop in Columbia, SC about 6 years ago recovered
Lamps - Home Goods
Zebra Pillows - I made them from fabric that was given to me about 7 years ago
Cream and Tan pillows on the Chairs- Target
Knit Pillow - Joss and Main a couple of years ago
Love Is Pillows - Dear Lillie (in white ink here and in black ink here)
Oil Painting - was my grandfather's
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Lowe's
Candlesticks - Hobby Lobby years ago
Butterfly Tray - gift (antique)
Vase on Tray - gift (Spring Mill, IN)
Small Paintings on shelves - Savvy in Williamsburg 5 or 6 years ago
Moss Spheres - Savvy in Williamsburg 5 or 6 years ago
Boxwood Wreath - Savvy in Williamsburg
Vase on Mantel - JoAnn Fabrics several years ago
Little gold vase - Was a candle holder at Target and once the candle was finished I use it now as a vase

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. I can see why you love it. Funnily enough, my grandmother had a similar cow painting that I coveted. Unfortunately, it went to my aunt and uncle, but it may yet come to me. It's nice that your Mom knew how special it was to you.

    Were the pulls original to the dresser? They're a really unique shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really special to me :) And yes, the pulls are original to the piece.

      Delete
  2. Its a beautiful painting. And how sweet that you have something of your Grandfathers in your home now. Like you said it will make you think of him every time you glance at it. And I think you should keep trying to convince Jon to let you add more of his basketball memorabilia to this room. I am sure its got a lot of great memories for him and he needs to have a room that says something about him in the house. You tell him your readers want it too!! Lol!!
    Follower from Hagerstown Md. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exceptional painting! I love the cows and can see why you have admired it for so long. I would have done the same. Your room is warm and so inviting. Awesome job with accenting with the lamps, mirrors and touches of green. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful. Painting is lovely over the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my favorite room in your house....and now a cow painting!? Even more perfect, we raise cattle . This is where I would sit with my coffee cup every morning! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. What a special reminder of your grandfather. Your mom is so sweet to gift it to you. The plane rocker is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, looks perfect! I can't believe Jon is hesitant for his basketball life to show in here. He has been blessed with so many fantastic achievements - they should be on display! And you would do it so tastefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to help convince him! I've tried to and he thinks it will be weird. =(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...