HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jason's Kitchen DURING...


Okay, so let me just first give a disclaimer: Jason's kitchen in NOT done and these are all cell phone photos. Also we are trying to keep costs as low as possible so some of my design plans got scratched (like the hood above the stove and open shelving). Seeing how I won't be back up there until July to finish it up I thought I would at least show you what we've done so far. And then after we finish everything up this summer I will do a full post with real photos and a detailed product list as well as a cost breakdown for you all.

 Here is what it looked like that first week. (There wasn't a fridge so that was purchased immediately before we began working on anything else so Jason could eat.)

Next came the new stove and dishwasher and off came the counters. We originally left the microwave there because we had planned on taking it down once we were going to add the hood. However, to keep our costs down we ended up nixing the hood =(. 

Then the counters and new faucet were installed.
Once we changed the hood plan and decided to just switch out the microwave I tried to take it down myself which was not such a great idea and I ended up having to yell for some help! =)

Once that was down it was time to start priming and then painting. (I'll include all of the paint details when I do my full post, but as far as colors go we used BM's Simply White on the trim and cabinets and Revere Pewter on the walls.)

And here was how it was when I had to stop to return back home. We got the cabinets painted along with some of the walls and trim work but then ran out of time. So, here's what we have left to do: replace all the hardware with oil rubbed bronze (as you can see we tried out a few to see how it looked but didn't finish) replace the off-centered light fixture, add some roman shades, add beadboard to the island and finish it off, replace the flooring with wood, finish painting the back wall and trim (which you can't see in any of these photos), and then have fun accessorizing!


Well, that's it for now! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday. I can't believe Memorial Day Weekend is almost upon us! 

21 comments:

  1. It's looking good so far, Jennifer! Can't wait to see the end result!
    Have a great weekend too!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What type of material are the black countertops? Is that granite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they were having a sale at Home Depot on that specific granite so we were able to get a really good deal on it.

      Delete
    2. Is that Uba Tuba?? We had that in our last home pretty color! : )

      Delete
    3. Hmmmm...That name doesn't sound familiar so I don't think so but I could be wrong!

      Delete
  3. Looks so much better! Too bad about the range hood and open shelves (I am just finishing up a kitchen reno and put these features in and adore them!) but it will still look amazing once you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you paint the inside of the kitchen cabinets? We are purchasing a house soon and I plan on redoing a lot of things, and that's something I've been wondering about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - I've never bother to pain the insides of any of the cabinets I have done - I'm lazy when it comes to that! =)

      Delete
  6. WOW! What an amazing difference. That room looks awesome, Jenn.

    Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kitchen looks fab, much brighter!...Can't wait to see the finished photos!...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What did you use for the top of the island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a piece of wood we got from Home Depot for $47. We are going to use it as a temporary top for the island.

      Delete
  9. I'm wondering the same thing as "Anonymous" - Is that just a sheet of plywood?
    Have a great weekend, Jenni, great job with the house!!!
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! Yes, for now that is what we are using. I will give more details when I write the full post.

      Delete
  10. Wow, Jenni! It's looking so nice already! Can't wait to see it finished. You got so much done in such a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have white-black kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good. quick question when painting the cabinet's are you using a Satin finish??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we used the satin finish on these ones.

      Delete
  13. This looks pretty great. I love the black n white combo. Just can't go wrong with it, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...