HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer Sideboard


I've got one more closet to share some pictures of later this week (we haven't wallpapered it yet but we made it a little more functional) but I still have to finish going through those pictures so today I thought I would share what our kitchen sideboard looks like in the summer. We kept the hot cocoa stuff out through late spring but once the very very hot (yuck!) weather arrived we put that stuff away in the pantry and just kept out the different coffee syrups we use and added a few of the disposable cups we found at HomeGoods in some black and white polka dots and stripes that are fun to use for snacking. Then we generally keep fresh cut flowers from the yard on here. Despite the fact that we've planted quite a few hydrangea bushes the last couple of years we've only had a few blooms this year. At least that's better than nothing, though! And seeing how the bushes are growing like crazy we are hoping next year we will have a lot more to cut. 







Oversized Chalkboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
X Sideboard - made by me, you can read more about it here


Top of Sideboard (left to right): 
Candle Sticks - Balsam Hill
Creamware Bottle Holding Hydranges and Greenery from Yard - Painted Fox

Marble Cutting Board - Gift, Think it was from Sur La Table? Crackled Planter - Birch Lane, spheres in planter - can't remember, have had them for forever
Black and White Disposable Bowls - HomeGoods
Sugar Bowl - World Market
Hot Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L.A. Burdick (anniversary gift years ago)  
Chalkboard Canisters with Copper Tops - Target
Dark Wooden Pedastal - Pottery Barn
Little Mercury Glass Votive holding hydrangeas - Painted Fox
Owl Canister - Target

Middle Row (left to right): 
Coffee Syrups and Waters - World Market, HomeGoods, Fresh Market 
Saucers - Pottery Barn
Microwave - Target
Cup Holder - World Market
Cups - Heritage Lace

Bottom Row (left to right):
Cookbooks - miscellaneous gifts

Metal Tub - HomeGoods
Silver Chargers - Pottery BarnWhite Plates - Mikasa
Blue Plates - HomeGoodsBowls - Pottery Barn, Emma Collection
Aqua Colander - Painted Fox White Dinner Plates - Pottery Barn, Emma Collection
Gray Salad Plates -  IKEA

Aqua Jars - World Market 

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday! 

12 comments:

  1. I love this sideboard in your kitchen and how you change it seasonally. Hopefully I can get someone to make me one. I know you got plans for this but made yours taller. How tall and wide is yours? Your house and blog always give me so much inspiration.I can't get enough of your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Ours is the same as in the plans we linked to, just 4" taller!

      Delete
  2. Most hydrangeas bloom on old wood, exception being Endless Summer variety, which blooms on both old and new wood. If you cut your hydrangeas down to the ground after frost, you will get fewer blooms. Leave those sticks all winter, and they put out new growth all along the sticks in the spring. If the sticks truly die (due to a hard winter), they will come back from the roots, but will not bloom as well the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I just can't get enough of your home! I love this sideboard you made and just this past weekend I was on Ana White's website(this lady is very savvy!!!). This has been on my project list for a while and hopefully I will have the chance to do it this weekend. I also did my own version of your chalkboard. It's not as large as yours, as I don't have the wall space. Your font is unlike any that I've seen and I love it!! Much Much Much inspiration from you..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sideboard. Just have to tell you I painted my kitchen this week in your Horizon. I loved how your house looks and hope I will like mine as much! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, it looks just lovely! I'm curious - do you like having your microwave on the sideboard? I want to relocate mine from above the stove, yet I want it to be handy. Also, did you move your Emory sofa in the family room? Eager to hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'd have to say its one of my favorite things we've done here. It's still incredibly easy to access but not too noticeable.

      Delete
  6. Can we get an update about the girls?? They are so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are doing great! They are 4 and 6 now and growing like crazy :)

      Delete
  7. Everything looks great. How is it possible that your house is neater than mine and I have no little ones? xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am ordering the candlesticks from Balsam Hill because I love how they look in your home...but they have two sizes and I don't know which ones to get. Do you have the 20" or 24"? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...