HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lillian Annabel's Birthday Party

On Saturday afternoon we celebrated Lillian Annabel's second birthday with a little party at my sister, Jamie and her husband Josh's house, up in New Hampshire. Dana, Lillie and I flew in on Friday and got to Moose Mountain (what we lovingly call my parent's property) just in time for a quick dinner and then my Mom, Dana, Jamie and I got right to work in the kitchen. We made cake, cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate peanut butter balls and finished putting the banner and cupcake toppers together. Actually they might say THEY did all of that while I ran around bossing everyone around - haha!

We stuck to a simple theme of Chocolate (her favorite thing to eat) and the Twelve Dancing Princesses (her favorite movie) and made most everything ourselves and were able to do the party for a little over $50. Here are some pictures:

We used jars left over from my sister's wedding and filled them with both homemade goodies as well as some of Lillie's favorite snacks from the Candy Shoppe in Colonial Williamsburg.

 We stuck some bare branches with white lights on them into a mix of fresh white flowers to coordinate with the two urns we filled with branches over on the other side of the room.

One of my favorite snacks - Chocolate and Toffee covered pretzels!

Marshmellows

We got the ruffled cupcake holders at Michael's and just printed some silhouettes I drew onto white cardstock and taped them onto little skewers to make cupcake toppers (the glitter is thanks to Lillie - I am not much of a glitter fan but she currently likes to add it to any project we are working on so it got added to these).

Some of the little ballet slippers I made did not fare so well on the trip north =).



We got the paper pom-poms from Fiesta Pom Pom's on Etsy.







Here is a close-up of the banner. This project was so easy and CHEAP!  I spent $1.99 on the caramel colored ribbon and then just used white and chocolate colored cardstock, a glue stick and a hole puncher! I think I am going to make a similar banner in gray and pink for Lillie's bedroom.

I wish I had of gotten a better pictures of the trees because they looked whimsical in real life and made a nice statement for practically no money, but they look pretty boring in these pictures - sorry! Oh how I love CHEAP projects! My dad cut the branches down for me and then we just put them in some potting soil in two urns that my parents had and then I made the ballet shoes with scraps of fabric I already owned. I just ran out of ribbon so I had to buy another spool for $1.99 to finish the slippers off and then we got some white lights with brown wire from my parent's basement to blend in with the branches.



Here Lillie is getting ready to blow out her candles!

And her favorite part - eating her "Bird-day Cupcakes"!

And here are some photos from the actual party. One of my favorite ones is the second row down on the left where she is sitting in my mom's lap with her eyes closed. She had just opened her first present which contained some ADORABLE clothes and she was so disappointed that it was clothing and not books or a toy that she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep! On the bottom row in the middle you can see her and two of my cousin Cathy's kids, Luke and Abby running up the hallway. I think that was hands-down her favorite part of the party. After we ate with just the girls, Cathy's husband brought their three boys over and Lillie, Abby and the boys ran up and down Jamie and Josh's hallway (you can't really tell in the photo but it is a really LONG hallway)  back and forth and back and forth laughing hysterically and chasing each other for the rest of the night! The things that entertain kids - haha! In the last photo Lillie and Lulu are wearing adorable  matching nightgowns that Jennifer at Forty Toes sent her! How incredibly sweet and thoughtful was that? I was so touched! As soon as we got back to my parent's house after her party we immediately put her and Lulu in them and she was soooo excited to be matching her doll!
I want to say a big thank you to my mom and sisters for all of their help in making Lillie's second birthday so special!

Lillie also wants to say a big "I love you and I miss you" to her Daddy who is out on the recruiting trail! We can't wait to see you on Sunday and miss you so much!

I hope you all are having a great week so far and enjoying the Christmas season!
PS - We are getting close to the 1000 follower mark! As soon as we hit it we will host another giveaway!

29 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!
    And wow almost1000 followers? That's great!
    Love, from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Beautiful! Happy Birthday, Lillian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful party!! Simply amazing. Love the ruffles around the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys know how to throw a GREAT Birthday! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome party! Love all the details. She is simply adorable. thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your amazing blog!!
    what a beauitful party for your baby girl
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely party! I love the ballet slippers and banner! Your daughter is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome. I loved The 12 Dancing Princesses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh such a sweet party. I'm sure this day was filled with magical memories for Lilly. I ADORE all the white lights and yummy chocolates!

    The ballerina details are lovely and those little slippers, darling!

    Enjoy your day,

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! ALL of it!!! i think you may have just inspired me to go ahead with Paris's birthday party:) I just get sooooo worked up and want to go all out!!! AHHHH!!! LOVE how everything went so perfect with the chocolate brown wall and the decor! LOVE LOVE LOVE the branches and lights!!! My orginal plan was to do something like that for Paris's canopy crib....never found the right sort of branches:)
    Perfection Jenn! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lillian!!!! Hugs and kisses! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ummmm, what a perfect ballerina party! wow! you are so good at decorating! seriously! love everything about her day! she is so lukcy to have a mommy (and aunties and grandma to help out)!

    absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful little girl's party- can you come do our triplets 3rd birthday next year?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful party and the house looks so pretty! I love her personality it just shines through the pic's and had to laugh at the pic of her with her eyes closed cause she wanted a toy, so cute (;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though I am a new follower, I can already tell just what an absolutely WONDERFUL mama you are!!!

    Seriously, what a beautiful party, chock full of memories and fit for a princess. And done in a thrifty manner, too! I am SO impressed. :-)

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww...looks like so much fun!! Happy Birthday Lillie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a beautiful day! You are so creative, I am just amazed at the great ideas you always have! Hugs to all out there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything, looked gorgeous!

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you know you are my new favorite blog!!?? Two questions if you wouldn't mind answering them.. First of all what is the color in the dining room in these pictures and second, what kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  19. my word everything looks beautiful!! Good job! And little Lillie pretending to sleep ins DARLING! ha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, everyone! Katie - I think the wall color is either Alexandria Beige or Davenport Tan (both by Benjamin Moore) but I will try to remember to check and see. I have a Nikon D3000 that I got for my birthday last year and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos from the party. Looked like a wonderful time. Love the matching dress and nightgown too. Jenn is such a sweetheart. Hugs to Lillie for a wonderful 2nd Birthday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your style is just beautiful!! I found you via Uncommon Slice of Suburbia...so glad I did! Love your beautiful photos of your home, family and life...thank you for sharing!!!

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous party!!!!!!!!!! im OBSESSED with your blog and in LOVE with your house! i want my house to look just like yours when I get older! (i'm 15) it wouldn't hurt if i had a daughter as precious and beautiful as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there! I've been following your blog for some time now and you have done such an amazing job with your new home and your parties are a true inspiration! I was wondering if you can give me insight of how you arranged/hung the tissue balls? I really like the way they are arranged and hung on the wall. My daughters birthday is coming up and I have some tissue balls I wanted to hang in a similar fashion! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We just used a clear wire (it may have even been fishing wire - it's been a few years so I am not positive) and then tacked them to the top of the mirror. I think we just used one tack and then tied all the wire around that one tack.

      Delete
  25. I love the ballerina sihouets! No way could I sketch those. Could you make templates available, or is there a reference for a place I might find them? Your creativity is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We do sell many decorative cutouts here (http://www.dearlillie.com/category/decorative-cut-outs), but unfortunately not the ballerina ones :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...