HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Our New Porch



The weather here has been absolutely beautiful lately! Perfect for eating meals on the porch and snuggling out here with a book. I've even been bringing my computer out here and working this week. This was the space that we first fell in love with when we saw the house. We loved how open it was and especially loved the high ceiling! When we first moved in we put the sofa and two chairs that we got from Wayfair last year out here but then that was about it. We didn't close on our house until after Thanksgiving so it wasn't worth putting any effort into the porch those first few months. Last month though, as the weather started to really warm up we partnered with Wayfair to really make this space feel like an extension of our home. It's like having another living room out here and it so comfortable! 

We usually include a detailed source list at the end of our posts but this time we are doing something a little different. You can find pretty much all of the items shown here on one of our idea boards. You can just click here.


One of my favorite additions out here is this beautiful light fixture:


The table is so easy to clean off and perfect for a porch! It also would work well in a dining room. We kept our metal chairs for the side and then used some fun charcoal colored wingback chairs for the ends. Those have quickly become our families favorite chairs! 


I love this oversized planter! I filled it with some branches I cut from the tree that you can see through the screen on the other side of the porch.


We used a small round ottoman in front of the chairs and a longer tufted one in front of the sofa. I love how versatile they are! They can be used as extra seating, to rest your feet on or as a place to set your food or a book! Along with their functionality I love the cozy element they add. They really make this space feel like an outdoor living room!



We also added lots of cozy pillows and throws to really make the space as comfortable as possible. I love the way the soft blues and creams look out here against the green grass and blue skies!








I love the subtle pattern on this indoor/outdoor rug:







Lola's favorite part of our porch is this little fairy garden we added.


I love adding string lights wherever I can so we added some out here on this porch just like we did on our last one. I used lights on a white cord though here too help it blend in with all the white paint.








Don't forget you can head on over here to check out our idea board that has just about all of the items shown out here on it along with some of our other favorite porch type items.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 


*Items in this post were provided by Wayfair in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are our own. 

33 comments:

  1. Your porch looks so cozy and beautiful! I did try your link to the board though and only got an error. Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I have been trying for the last hour and blogger is not letting the link save so I just went in and added the full link that you can copy and paste. So sorry about that - as soon as it is working again we will add back in the clickable links!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Sharon! Just wanted to let you know that we finally got the link fixed!

      -Jason

      Delete
  2. Oh dear...the link didn't work on my tablet. Said error. 😕. I love Wayfair though! They are an incredible company! (I'm not affiliated, either!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I have been trying for the last hour and blogger is not letting the link save so I just went in and added the full link that you can copy and paste. So sorry about that - as soon as it is working again we will add back in the clickable links!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Beth! It should be working now!

      -Jason

      Delete
  3. Your porch is gorgeous! When I tried to get to your idea board all I got was an error message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I have been trying for the last hour and blogger is not letting the link save so I just went in and added the full link that you can copy and paste. So sorry about that - as soon as it is working again we will add back in the clickable links!

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the trouble! It is back up and running now.

      -Jason

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer!
    Please check your link for the idea board. I keep getting an error message - Not Found. I am interested in the tufted bench, but will just visit Wayfair to try and find it. The porch looks A-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I have been trying for the last hour and blogger is not letting the link save so I just went in and added the full link that you can copy and paste. So sorry about that - as soon as it is working again we will add back in the clickable links!

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the issues with the link! It is now working correctly!

      -Jason

      Delete
  5. Where did you find those wonderful pieces of outdoor dollhouse-sized furniture for the Fairy Garden? They are amazing! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are also from Wayfair. If you copy and paste the link it should work - I am so sorry! Not sure why blogger isn't letting us add clickable links like usual.

      Delete
    2. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that we finally got the link fixed!

      -Jason

      Delete
  6. Oh no! Idea board link not working!
    Lovely porch. I would live out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry - I have been trying for the last hour and blogger is not letting the link save so I just went in and added the full link that you can copy and paste. So sorry about that - as soon as it is working again we will add back in the clickable links!

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the broken link, Sharon! Just wanted to let you know that we finally got it back up and running properly!

      -Jason

      Delete
  7. The porch is screened, not glass windows, correct? How do you protect your upholstered and wood pieces and do the pillows, etc. not get damp overnight? I would worry here in the summer with our high humidity also. Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tina! It is screened in but there haven't ever been any issues with normal wind, rain, and weather. For the one or two storms they have had Jenni just pushes the furniture to the middle and brings in the pillows.

      -Jason

      Delete
  8. Hi Jennifer! Where are the wicker chairs and couch from? I clicked the link and did not see them on your Wayfair idea board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hannah! They are from Wayfair as well, but they are from last year and not carried anymore (so we couldn't put them on the board--sorry!).

      -Jason

      Delete
  9. Love the expansiveness of your new porch, but, I must admit, I miss the Chippendale "fencing" at the bottom of your old one. I truly loved that--the Virginia touch. Lights are always fun (and sweet). Happy Easter, Harriett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harriet! It was really pretty to look at, but I must admit I don't miss it at all. It was a nightmare to clean between each angle. It literally used to take hours. Ha!

      I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

      Delete
  10. I love your porch! It is a wonderful mix of furniture. May I ask how large it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked with Jenni and she would guess roughly 12x12 but she has never measured.

      -Jason

      Delete
  11. Wow! Your porch is beyond beautiful!!! Just wondering how often do you have to clean it and do you have issues with pollen coating everything especially this time of year? We live in northern va and haven't put any cushions or pillows out yet because of spring pollen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pollen was really bad for a week or so, so Jenni kept some of the pillows and the tufted bench inside for a few days during that stretch, but other than that there haven't been any issues.

      -Jason

      -Jason

      Delete
  12. Can you also share a view of your porch from outside looking at it?

    I am dreaming up plans to have a screen porch built on some day (Golly, I hope before I die, please!) and seeing it would help me figure out what to do.

    Love your porch shape and high ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer, your porch is beautiful! As I was reading and scrolling I was thinking that I would love to see it at night and then there it was! What a lovely place to spend time.
    Happy Easter to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the large, white clock that is on the wall by the table but I don't see it included in the link. Is it from Wayfair as well or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Jenni did purchase it from Wayfair, but it was many years ago. She is pretty sure this is the same one: http://bit.ly/2pEypXf

      Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  15. Really incredible porch, I was looking for ideas to surprise my family with a remodel this summer and this is sure a great start. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...