HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

Well, it has been quite an exhausting few days! We had decided to leave around 5 or so on Tuesday to head to NH for my cousin's wedding but Lillie woke up Tuesday morning with a fever of 104. Even after a nice dose of Motrin it didn't go down much so we headed to prompt care because her doctor wasn't in. After a lengthy visit there and still with a 104 temp, we discovered she was fine, which was a huge relief! Then we headed to the Verizon store (I had lost my phone last Wednesday and finally had a new one come in on Monday but, of course, it didn't work). We were there for FOREVER! Finally though, at 3:30 we returned home with a working phone for the first time in a week! I put Lillie down for her nap and had to package up six items to get sent out and then finally started packing. Needless to say we did not get out at 5. We finally left at 8:10! It was a LONG trip, but we did make it here safe and sound.

I don't have any pics to share yet, but thought I would share one of my favorite recipes! Recipes from me will be very few and far between, because I am a horrible cook. I LOVE to bake, though (and Lillie loves to too). This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so easy and so delicous! My Aunt Patty shared it with us years and years ago and my mom, sisters and I make it on a pretty regular basis. It can be horribly addicting. Normally we make it in a regular bundt pan, but this time Lillie and I made it in a sandcastle one. My sister Jamie got me this adorable pan. It actually looks best if you make a regular lighter color pound cake, but I was craving the chocolate chip!

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake:
1 (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix that has pudding in the mix
1 (3.9 oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
4 large eggs
1 carton (8 oz) sour cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits
sifted powdered sugar
Combine first three ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk to remove large lumps. Add oile and next three ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir in chocolate bits. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan (any bundt pan should work). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Shake pan a bit when you pull it out, to loosen edges. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Let cool for a little white longer and then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. Enjoy!


I am LOVING all of the quote ideas from you all! Please keep them coming! (Either scroll down or click here) and also don't forget there is still plenty of time to enter out pillow and clutch give-away!

It is rainy here today, so we probably won't get any good photos today but I am hoping to take some of the Audrey Hepburn tutu tomorrow and will share them as soon as I do!

11 comments:

  1. Yummy, I look forward to trying this recipe. I have the same sandcastle pan and use it all the time--it is so cute for summer!

    My google account is all fixed so I can finally post with my name--yeah! I read your blog daily, but haven't been able to post under my id--crazy glitch??

    Love reading your blog, FB and seeing your inspiring pics....and your darling Lillie's sweet face!


    Hope she is feeling better today.

    Debra & Morgan
    Baton Rouge, LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that cake looks freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, YUM! Can't wait to see you Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds and looks amazing. Pound cake is not safe around me. HA!

    p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls! I hope you'll follow us at our new site...we went and got our own .com at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/ Plus, we're hosting lots of fabulous giveaways this month to celebrate our move...Right now we've got two $95 hapari swimsuit gift certificates up for grabs! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks yummy - and so girly at the same time!

    have an amazing trip, hope lillie is fever free now! must be something about her and trips that she knows that she is leaving home and starts running warm?! didn't that happen the last time you guys headed out of town? it is like she doesn't want to leave her comfort zone!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so glad that sweet lillie is feeling better! i hope you have a wonderful time! and that recipe! yum! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad Lillie is feeling better. Things are miserable when the little ones are sick.

    That cake looks so yummy... I don't know if I am strong enough to make it without eating the entire thing myself {hehe} :)

    Have a lovely time at the wedding. I am looking forward to seeing all the pics you take while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debra - I agree! The sandcastle pan is so much fun for summer!

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow or Saturday, Tamara!

    Jenni - are you sooooo right! Haha! Lillie gets sick EVERY time we go out of town. She is the healthiest baby ever except for when we are about to travel. She has had fevers of 104-106 the last three times we have gone somewhere! Arghhh! Fortunately she is doing fine now! We are doing a little photo shoot with her and my cousin's gorgeous little girl tomorrow morning. Can't wait to share some pictures!

    Alisha, Julie, Ahlin and Kristin - Thanks! It was so good. Lillie had one piece, Jon had two and I single-handedly ate the rest in 48 hours! Ugh! Why do I do things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake pan is adorable! Especially with the little flags on top! I am the opposite of you, I can cook but can not bake to save my life! I understand spices and flavors and can "wing it" in the kitchen. Following a recipe...not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that cake is just the cutest thing! I think I may have to copy you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So relieved Miss Lillie is feeling better. Going to have to try this recipe next week. My son has been begging me to bake chocolate chip cookies. This sounds way better. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...