HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Guest Bathroom - Before and Afters (Almost Finished!)



Well, we still aren't finished but seeing how it could be months before I find the perfect mirror(s) for above the sink and artwork for above the toilet to help break up the wallpaper a bit so it doesn't look so busy, I figured I will share photos of the progress we have made so far seeing how it's nearly done. 

Here is a little reminder of what the bathroom looked like when we moved in. The vanity and wallpaper were actually in okay shape but seeing how we were going to completely demo the floor and bathtub area it made the most sense to start fresh. We hired a contractor to do all of the major projects here in the space because gutting and redoing a bathroom is way out of my DIY skillset. =)  I have to say all in all this project went pretty smoothly and we didn't run into any major hiccups which was pleasantly surprising.





The vanity came with faucets but they got damaged during the delivery and much to my disappointment we weren't able to fix them. Fortunately we were able to find a faucet on Overstock that was quite similar.



I actually had a completely different plan for this bathroom that involved marble countertop and glass tiles but when I stumbled on this vanity at a local furniture company for almost 80% off I decided to go with it and completely changed my plan for this bathroom. It turned out much more traditional than I had originally planned but I have to say I really like how it flows with the other rooms upstairs. The color of the body on the birds is almost the same color as the hallway (Moonshine) and the guest bedrooms are a mix of white, gray and black. The mirror was from the master bath in our last house and we haven't found a spot for it yet in this house. I had planned on bringing it up to Jason's house but decided to at least use it in here temporarily until I found what I was looking for. We've had a ton of family visiting lately and I figured they would appreciate having a mirror in here to use. =) Although the mirror is nice, I think it looks too shabby chic in here for my taste and it's hard to tell in these photos but it's not an ideal size/shape. I had to hang it low so that Lillie and Lola could see themselves in it when they are brushing their teeth but because of that it's quite a bit lower than is ideal for most grownups. I also removed the chandelier and hung it down in our laundry room for now because it was too close to the top part of the mirror that sticks out quite a bit. Once we find the right mirrors for here I will probably move it back up to the bathroom.

I don't have a lens wide enough to get a decent shot of this angle of the bathroom but I am so happy to have the tiny mustard colored tub gone.  This tub is in the exact same spot but is considerably deeper.

I have to say I am THRILLED with the floor. We chose a tile that looks like wood. I was so nervous about choosing it because it seemed a little bit boring and I wasn't sure how it was going to match up to the real wood I am so glad I went with it. I love it and would use it again in a heartbeat! (Also, I plan on added some more ruffles to the bottom of this shower curtain or making one that is a good bit longer so I can hang it higher. We did that in our last house and I liked the way it made the space feel a little bit bigger by hanging the shower curtain higher.





This isn't the best picture (and the bedroom on the right now has some black added to it and we've added a rug to the one on the left - which I will have a post on later this week) but you can see how the colors from the wallpaper in the bathroom coordinate well with the two bedrooms and hallway color.


Source List:

Trim Color - Simply White by BM in Semi-Gloss
Door Color - Mopboard Black by BM in Semi-Gloss
Wallpaper - Wallpaper Direct - Songbird Dove
Vanity - Haynes Furniture (floor model clearance - almost 80% off retail price)
Faucets - Overstock.com
Tile flooring that looks like wood - purchased through Brunk Tile in Newport News, VA
Tile in Bathtub - purchased through Brunk Tile in Newport News, VA
Toilet - Lowe's 
Tub - purchased through contrator
Tub faucet and showerhead - purchased through contractor
Shower Curtain - Bed Bath and Beyond 
Bath Mat - Bed Bath and Beyond
Mirror - purchased years ago at an antique mall
Roman Shade - Lowe's
Soap - HomeGoods
Soap dish - Target  
Vase - have had for forever - possibly from TJMaxx
Tulips - Trader Joe's 
Contractor - Ryan - Bathroom's Made Easy


I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! I'll be back later this week with updates to our gray guest bedroom and if I can get some photos taken maybe even a little peek of our kitchen.


43 comments:

  1. I am in love with your sink faucet...Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing a post from you! I love your style and I always leave inspired!
    I have been sharing your posts with my friend whose house burnt down. As her new home is almost finished your posts are very inspiring to her as well as she is getting ready to feather this new nest! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Jennifer!! Love that wallpaper and I actually love the mirror your using in there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! That vanity was a great find and looks gorgeous with the wallpaper. And don't get me started on those faucets - love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bathroom! It looks great just the way it is~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think trading in the yellow toilet for the yellow tulips was a good move :) Love the floor too. I can't believe that's tile! As always, I'm completely over the moon for the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!! I love everything about it - the faucets are awesome, and the floor is fantastic! Love, love, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely beautiful Jennifer! The bird paper is lovely. I have such a soft spot for anything with birds because of fond memories of my mom. The faucet is perfect! Your taste is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bathroom is absolutely gorgeous!! I love every single thing. I do love that mirror in there as well!! And the faucet is amazing!!! My question is regarding your windows: did you paint all that trim and the grills inside? If so, what kind of paint did you use that covered up that dark wood? It looks like a brand new window!!! Thanks! Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I am not a wallpaper person at all, but I love what you chose! It really makes the room! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job! That wallpaper is so pretty and I love the way everything coordinates with the rooms nearby.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so pretty. Really like the wallpaper and love the floor. Do you know the name and brand of tile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I don't know the specific name, but it is made by Blustyle Ceramics.

      Delete
  13. Love it!! What is the size of your bathroom? It looks a lot like my layout but I believe my bathroom is smaller. Would love to know if could re-do mine. I always thought it was too small to put prints on walls or have anything other than a boring pedestal sink. Maybe there is hope after all???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not positive, but I would guess its about 7' x 8'. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  14. I'm in love with the wallpaper & faucets...GORGEOUS!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  15. We may be years apart in age but I love your style & taste in decorating! I have scraped, stripped & sanded so much wallpaper off of my walls over the past years that I said I would never hang another strip again. But your songbird print makes me want to order some right now! I also love the floor! I would never have thought about it being tile. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the most beautiful bathrooms I've ever seen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stunning! Sophisticated, updated and understated! It is perfection, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word! I love everything about the bathroom! The mirror, wallpaper, faucet, wood floor - even your little rug looks so cozy! Your guests may linger… : ) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Luxulioursly! I love it! You are amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous bathroom!!! I love the bird wallpaper and the shower curtain:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow great job just beutifull.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the tile floor. Will you share the color/name of the flooring? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! I can't remember the exact color name, but it is made by Blustyle Ceramics!

      Delete
  23. Your guests will never leave... gorgeous!! You have given your new home new life. I can tell she is very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What a DRAMATIC transformation! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! What a DRAMATIC transformation! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful wallpaper-- everything else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am interested in the counter top on your vanity. I can't see from your list what it is made of
    for sure. Am I missing something? Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marie! It came with the vanity, so I don't have any of the details. I do know that it is granite though.

      Delete
  28. Love, Love, Love It!

    Great Job.

    Would love to know what brand, design name of the wood-look tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know the specific deign or style name, but it is made by Blustyle Ceramics.

      Delete
  29. It looks beautiful! I can't believe how fast your house is coming along. It's inspiring me to hurry up already, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this!! I love the colors and the mirror. Don't you just love it when you find the right "home" for something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. the new look is awesome. love the wooden floor and wall paper.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This bathroom is gorgeous!! Do you think the ceramic wood tile would look good throughout the entire house. We live in Arizona and my carpet is 20 years old!!! My grandchildren live with us so there is alot of traffic...with dogs, family and friends. I love the look and real wood is really not an option right now. Thank You!! Carlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I do think it would look good! It might be a little cold under foot though throughout the whole house.

      Delete
  33. Jennifer, this is a little late, but would you share the name of the roll up shade from Lowe's? Love your blog, it keeps me inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! It said Jakarta on the box (not sure if that is the brand or specific product name), and I believe the color was cocoa.

      Delete
  34. Hi Jennifer! I'm obsessed with your blog. You have such beautiful style. My question is about your guest bathroom. How were you able to put the vanity flush against the wall? It looks like the bottom edge "feet" jut out a bit and would cause a gap. I would love to purchase the same vanity, but I can't have a gap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this make over. Can you give any more details on the tub? Do you know brand? How deep is it? Doing over bath and afraid of getting a soaker tub as it would be too hard to get in/out when tub is too deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked with Jenni and she doesn't have any of the information on the tub (unfortunately they moved a few months ago, so she isn't able to go measure for you).

      -Jason

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...