HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Our Entryway Closet


One of the last little spaces in our house to make over was the entryway closet where we keep things like shoes, scarves, bags, hats and that sort of stuff. I can't seem to find a before shot (although if I do find one I will add it in here) but it was a basic closet with beat up yellow walls that I am pretty sure hadn't been painted since the house was originally built. When we first moved in I painted the walls with some leftover paint from another room so at least it would feel a little cleaner in here and then we added a few hooks and then just sort of threw everything in here and it never stayed very organized. I wish I had done this closet sooner because since we made it over it has been so much easier to keep it organized. The girls each have a basket over on the right for their shoes and they actually have been putting them in there every day which is so much nicer than opening the closet door to find a big pile of shoes - ha! 

My favorite part of this closet is the wallpaper. We used this print from Wallpaper Direct and I absolutely love it. It was one that everyone in our family liked equally which is unusual - ha! This was the girls and Jon's favorite print - they love the fun of having the little English houses on the walls and I love the simple black and white color scheme and the fact that it's such a fun and unexpected surprise to find when you open the door. After the wallpaper went up I added some hooks for our sweatshirts, bags and hats - we rarely wear coats but live in our sweaters and hoodies. I also added hooks to the backside of the door which I have done on almost all of our closet doors - it's a nice extra little space to hang things. And then of course we added a bunch of baskets. 

Because all but a couple of months a year we keep our coats up in the guest closet upstairs I hung this chalkboard print in here. I figured it would be a fun place to change out our monthly prints and get to see them every morning. It will be more hidden in a couple of months once we move our coats back down here but seeing how there are only 2-3 months we actually wear our coats here I figured we would at least get to see it for the majority of the year. 












Source List:

Wallpaper - Wallpaper Direct -  Hampstead in Ink
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss
Baskets on the right - Handled Storage Basket in the small size by Birch Lane 
White shoe stand on the right - Target
Baskets on ground - HomeGoods
Shoes on basket - Joyfolie
Basket on top shelf - Ikea
Cowboy Boots - Sheplers
Hooks - Ikea
Frame - World Market
Print - Dear Lillie
Hoodies - Evy's Tree
Scarf - made by my sister, Dana
Hat and scarf on door - J.Crew

I hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day!






Wallpaper provided by Wallpaper Direct. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

15 comments:

  1. Might be the cutest closet ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just one thing to say...I LOVE every single thing about your home! There isn't anything I would change. I only wish I had a Home Goods, IKEA and some of the others near me!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful home and all of the information with us, it's appreciated more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special closet! I like that you pay attention to every detail in your home.
    Best,
    Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming closet! I love that you make even the smallest spaces of your home special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenni,
    Do you have any plan on sharing the girls' closet and yours? I seem to remember that the master closets were not walk-in-closets. Did you make any change? I would LOVE to see them since all of your closets (basically your whole house, especially the small rooms) are practically a dream💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viola! We have done some things in the girls' closet to make it more functional and organized (but nothing super exciting), and we haven't done anything to our master closets and probably won't. They are quite small but already had shelves built in them, so I don't envision us taking them out and putting new ones in (or at least I don't anything in the near future).

      Delete
  6. Hey Jenni,
    Do you have any plan on sharing the girls' closet and yours? I seem to remember that the master closets were not walk-in-closets. Did you make any change? I would LOVE to see them since all of your closets (basically your whole house, especially the small rooms) are practically a dream💞

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute closet! You are so organized! Love the wall paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The closet is really beautiful and a great use of space. Who wouldn't love to hang up their coat and put away their shoes in such a pretty space?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course you can make even a closet look beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would have to leave the door open all the time so I could look at that adorable closet all day long. You did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable and that wallpaper is perfect. I think I would also leave the door open all the time...
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your closet and the walpaper is just too cute! Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...