HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Kitchen in Progress (Bluestone Hill)


When we moved in, the kitchen cabinets and all the trim in the family room were blue, and while I had always liked the bright, colorful look for Uncle Bob, it was too bold for our style. This was the first room we tackled, and after many weeks of painting every nap and bedtime (oh, back when both children napped a solid two hours every day!...it wasn't so long ago and yet it seems like such a distant memory) all of the cabinets and trim were a nice, fresh white. I like the way the backsplash suddenly popped off the cabinets once they were white, but we plan on replacing the countertops and when we do, I'd like to put in a big farmhouse sink. 


I had no idea that roses bloomed for such a long time. I thought maybe we had extraordinary roses, but when I asked Jenni, she said this was normal rose behavior! I have never had so many different flowers to cut- we just had hydrangeas where we used to live. I'd better brush up on my horticulture skills. Actually, I have none. (I was once told by a cantankerous woman at a nursing home that I worked for one summer that I was not a real woman because I couldn't tell a weed from a flower!) 


I painted the island Hale Navy (Benjamin Moore) with a little sample can and loved it, although I still haven't gone back and painted a second coat...if you look closely, you can tell! :)


The floors in here and Everly's room are the next thing on our to-do list, but it seems like we set aside the to-do list sometime in July and haven't been able to find it since. ;) 



I recently spray-painted the knobs gold. They were a basic silver knob, and although some day I would like to replace them entirely, I think they look much better this way!



So this is where the kitchen is at for now. When we redo the floors, we'll bring a different table that Josh made in, but for now the "temporary" one does seat a lot of people, which is nice! Not that I'm much of a cook or anything...maybe I should quit working on the house and focus on my cooking and gardening skills, instead! ;)




Source List:
Cabinet and trim color- White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Island color - Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore
Rose Barn crate - antique store
Woven placemat - IKEA
Gold tin by the sink - passed down from family
Wing chair - Ballard Designs
Pillow in wing chair - Home Goods

Have a great day! - Jamie




5 comments:

  1. Love it! Kitchens are always my favorite rooms, and yours is no exception!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!! We are building a home right now and chose hale navy for our exterior paint...I was so excited to see it on your island, it's such a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, Lindsay! It was the existing tile when they moved in.

      -Jason

      Delete
  4. The wooden crate is everything!!!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...