HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Our $62 Mini Bathroom Makeover


The master bathroom in our new home had just been completely renovated, so although we will be adding some personal touches it is nice not to have to tackle that project. However, the other two bathrooms we plan on doing some remodeling to. One of them we plan on remodeling in February or March and then will probably hold off a little while before tackling the second one. I had originally been planning on doing this downstairs bathroom first because it's the one that everyone sees, but after giving it a quick mini makeover it has made a big difference so now I am leaning towards doing the girls' bathroom upstairs.

(Sorry in advance for the not so great photos - this room gets zero natural light so it makes photographing it  pretty tricky.)


While I am deciding on whether we first tackle the girls' bathroom upstairs or this one downstairs I decided to give this bathroom a quick mini makeover because the flowery tile mural kind of drove me crazy every time I walked by it, plus it's the bathroom everyone uses when they visit. Because we will eventually be remodeling this bathroom I didn't want to spend much money. My goal was to spend under $100 so I was excited to end up at $62! 


First I bought a inexpensive shower tension rod for around $10. Then I found some 96" curtain panels at HomeGoods. They were $19.99 for a pack of two panels. I could have gotten away with just two but I wanted it to look nice and full so I ended up buying two packs. I hung it high - right up to the ceiling to help completely hide the shower. Then the only other item I purchased was the little rug. I loved the navy and gray colors in it and it was just $12. Once I had the curtains and the rug, even though it looked fine with the blue walls I thought it would be prettier against a really dark wall. I had some Nightfall on hand so used that (obviously if I had to buy paint it would have brought my cost up a bit more but I still would have come in under $100). I have to say, painting a bathroom is my least favorite! Ha, every time I paint one I cringe the whole time. But the nice thing is it usually goes really quickly! 

For the finishing touches I just used things we already owned and hadn't found a spot for yet in our new house. I love the mirror in here! 








Source List:

Wall Color - Nightfall by Benjamin Moore
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore
Hallway Wall Color - White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Mirror - Restoration Hardware (also can be found here)
Curtain Panels - Four 96" panels from HomeGoods
Rug - Homegoods
Basket on Floor - HomeGoods
Frames Above Toilet - Ikea
Bird Picture - Savvy
Towel - HomeGoods

I'm a lot more excited for my next post which is our laundry room makeover! I'll possibly have that ready for tomorrow, but most likely Saturday! Here's a little peek:



I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!



22 comments:

  1. Wow. What a difference for under $100. I can see now why you can live with it, and want to tackle the girls bath first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing, as always. However, I cant get the link to work for the mirror (other than the RH site) Is there another source?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - it should be working now but here it is as well: https://paintedfoxhome.com/dear-lillie-collection/

      Delete
  3. The link for the mirror isn't working...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - it should be working now but here it is as well: https://paintedfoxhome.com/dear-lillie-collection/

      Delete
  4. What a great low budget makeover! I've always loved that pretty mirror. Can't wait to see your laundry room makeover. I'm redoing ours now (for $100 or less) and hope I don't want to change everything after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I love it all and those curtain panels - genius! I know you don't like the tile yet the bathroom itself looks to be in good shape. Have you thought about just having the tile painted? There is a franchise that does great work called Miracle Method. I don't know if you have any by you yet it might be worth checking out. http://www.miraclemethod.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Pat! Unfortunately there are some cracks and leaks in the tile so during the inspection it was recommended we replace it. Because it's downstairs and not really used very often we don't need to rush to fix it but do need to rip it out eventually and install new tile.

      Delete
  6. Do the curtains have pole tops or grommets? I have searched Home goods for months for gray curtains, no luck! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are the curtains gray or offwhite and what type of material? I have been searching Home Goods for months for curtains like these, no such luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! I checked with Jenni and the curtains are gray with rod pockets.

      Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  8. Its amazing what a coat of paint can do!

    http://accentpaintingabq.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the BM nightfall matte or eggshell? It looks so good in there.Love the mini makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did the rug have a brand? Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What color stain is on the plywood top in laundry room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna! You can find the stain information and a direct link in the source list at the bottom of today's laundry room post. The rug is from HomeGoods, but unfortunately we're not certain of the specific brand.

      Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  12. Is the rest of the tile white? I would paint that mural with Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit from Rust-Oleum. I got it off of eBay for under $30.00. It would be a cheap fix for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a quick room refresh to help us live with a room we dislike while other projects get priority, and this one is particularly effective. The mirror and oval bird print are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous makeover! Love the rug! Homegoods is my favorite for little items to spruce things up when I want a change.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bathroom mirror. Is it sold out??

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Unfortunately we don't have any way of knowing about another company's inventory levels beyond what is shown on their site, but if you contact Painted Fox they may be able to let you know more about that specific item.

      -Jason

      Delete
  16. Glamourous! I wish we had a homegoods here in the uk we have similar shops but nothing quite compares to their prices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...