HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Touch of Lavender



We had quite the busy day here and were surprised in the middle of the afternoon when an earthquake hit here in Virginia. It sounds like pretty much everyone up and down the east coast felt it. It was one of the weirdest sensations I have ever felt. Afterwards Lillie kept asking to go see the flying scarf. Yeah, don't worry - we have no idea what she is referring to either. Somehow in her mind the earthquake and a flying scarf are tied together although we have no idea what the connection is =).

On another note, although I have started itching for fall I knew it was still too early to start decorating with pumpkins and gourds =).   I have been wanting to add a temporary hint of purple to our living and dining room for several months now but had not gotten around to it. When we were at Fresh Market this weekend though, I saw some beautiful potted lavender plants and I got inspired. I decided to head back yesterday and pick one up along with some other purple flowers. After having some fun rearranging some things in both rooms I am now okay with the fact that fall is still a little ways off. I love the fresh feeling the lavender adds! I have always struggled with my mantle a bit but I think it is now my favorite part of the room.  I had planned on posting all the pictures today but haven't had time to finish editing and loading them so instead I will just show you a few close-ups  and will hopefully have time to post pictures of how the little touches of lavender look in both rooms either tomorrow or Friday. 

I also wanted to let you all know about this great blog called the CSI Project. I am so excited to be a  guest judge on there this week for the Makeover A Lamp Challenge which starts at midnight tonight for any of you that would like to enter.




Pin It  
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!


PS - Don't forget there is still time to enter to win our Briar Hat! Just scroll down to the post below this!

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jennifer! Looking forward to seeing more!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillie is adorable. I can't wait for fall. Looking forward to your site re-opening and all your decorating ideas!!
    Happy Wednesday to YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad all is well with you and your family after the earthquake yesterday. We felt it here in New York also, which made everyone uneasy. On to other things, I am glad we still have some summer left and there still a few weeks of beach days. I can't wait to see your mantle all done up, I am sure it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been here in so long, great to see you again, everything is lovely as ever here. Hope you are well :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photographs are just beautiful of the purple flowers. I think that color is a great choice for our transistional time the next couple of weeks...it's dark but fresh-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images. So rich! I will look forward to your mantle.
    I used purple this year on my front porch. Posted about it today. It is a color that begs for attention, but plays well with so many other colors!
    Blessed day!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to hear that all of you are safe after yesterday's earthquake. What a scare that must have been!

    I'm loving your purple flowers, I'd love to see how they work in your room. I am at a loss with my mantel, too. I think I never really got it right for summer so I'm hoping not to get frustrated changing it up for fall!

    Happy Wednesday!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh these pictures are so lovely I wish I could print them out, frame them, and use them in my daughters' rooms! They are just gorgeous!!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your touches of lavender are beautiful and I'll have to head over to CSI and check out the contest...you'll be a wonderful judge! The earthquake was crazy wasn't it, and now I'm intrigued about the flying scarf!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how Lillie related a flying scarf with an earthquake!! lol she is sooo cute! :) Beautiful lavender images too~ xo Rachel

    French Farmhouse 425

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought of all of you yesterday with that earthquake! Glad everyone is safe. That is a cute comment Lillie made! Touches of purple will be beautiful in your home. Your photos are gorgeous. Congratulations on being a guest judge over at CSI. You will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to let you know I wish I had half your photography and editing talents!
    What editing program do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO pretty! I just pinned your first picture! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I use Photoshop CS5 to edit all of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That comment from your daughter about the flying scarf is cute. I am glad you and your family were not injured. The purple flowers are beautiful. I love decorating for fall but I'm with you not being ready yet. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer, these photos ( like all of your photos) are lovely. Lavender is one of my favorite things.Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...