HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little Tour Through All the Befores and Afters So Far

We've been busy working away and have made quite a bit of progress in the playroom (I am officially done painting in there - Hallelujah!) and the wallpaper is going up today. We also now have our bed and rug and I'm working on nightstands in our master bedroom. I finally got a desk and am working on the little office area of our guest bedroom and I think I've finally decided on a wallpaper for the upstairs bathroom (well, I keep changing my mind but for the moment I think I have decided) and possibly the dining room as well so while I am finishing up those things I thought we would do a little tour through the house and show some "befores" and "afters" of each room (well, technically we aren't done with any of the spaces so they are more like "during" than "afters").

The first week we moved in we tackled this open space that contains the kitchen and family room.

 We kept our cost down on this project by just painting the cabinets and getting new appliances. We held off on replacing the counters and sink last summer but we are finally ready for that! Yay! I am so excited. I got our farmhouse sink and faucet ordered earlier this week and we are hoping to have that installed along with our new counters in the next month. I am still deciding on the backsplash... I will do a more lengthy post with those details in the future.

For a full source list for the items shown in these photos of our family room click here or here. And you can find all kitchen related posts here and family room related posts here.

Now onto the dining room. Besides paint and changing out the light fixture this room didn't need as much work. I am still on the hunt for a hutch for the wall you don't see in these pictures and I'd like to wallpaper the upper half of the walls and change out the table eventually but here's what we've done so far:



Full source list for the items shown here in our dining room can be found here and you can find all dining room related posts here

And here are the updates we've done in the den/study. This room required the least amount of work so far seeing how we have decided to keep the dark woodwork as is in here. I painted the walls a creamy color (they were a pale peach) and then just did some basic decorating in here using pretty much all things we already owned. Eventually I would like to put quite a bit more effort into this room and make it more masculine for Jon. We've talked about possibly moving a TV in here and I've been considering doing kind of a vintage sports theme but at this point we aren't in any hurry seeing how we have plenty of other projects ahead of this room on the list.


Full source list for the den can be found here and all den related posts can be found here.

And then here is the powder room. I still haven't hung any artwork in here. Hopefully I will get to that at some point soon.


A full source list for the powder room can be found here and here.

And then there is the entry way. I am not going to lie - I pretty much hated doing all the painting in here. The spindles and risers seemed endless...



This was how it looked with some garland for Christmas:

Full source list for the entry way can be found here and here.

And the upstairs hall:
 And here's a source list for what we've done so far in the upstairs hall here.

And next we have our gray guest bedroom. This room is pretty close to being done. I need to hang some artwork and add a rug and possibly a bench to the end of the bed but other than that this room is pretty close to being finished.



A full source list and more details can be found here and here.

And next we have our other guest bedroom that also is going to start functioning as an office. I've played around quite a bit in here with some accent colors for pillows (did gray and also tried red at Christmas) then pink at Valentine's (those are now in our playroom) and some tan (those are in the photos below) but those are now in our den. I finally got a desk this past weekend and put it together Monday so as soon as I hang some pictures and find a chair I will rephotograph that room with the updates that include some black and white accents.
A full source list can be found here.

Here it is with the bright pink pillows (that we have now moved to the playroom)
A full source list can be found here.

And then here is Lillie and Lola's room. We did their room right after we move in. I still have a couple more projects I plan on doing in here including doing some kind of upholstered headboard (I've considered several things including kind of making a slipcover for their current headboards) and making benches for the ends of their beds.


A full source list with lots more photos and details can be found here.

Those are all of the spaces we've made a good bit of progress in.  Now here are some of the spaces we've started on but aren't as far along in. (Although a few of these rooms we've been making quite a bit of progress in this week so should have more to share very soon!)

First here is the one wall in our master bedroom that we've gotten done.
We slept with our mattresses on the floor for several months but as of last week we finally have a bed in there and we moved the rug that was in our family room of our last house in here - yay! I showed a little peek of our new bed on instagram last night. Next on the list I need to start working on making over some nightstands which I am hoping to have a tutorial for - but we shall see how they actually turn out first - haha!

More details about what we've done in there and a source list for what we've done so far can be found here.

And here is the progress we've made in our upstairs hall bathroom so far. I still haven't found any mirrors although I have been searching! And I keep changing my mind on the wallpaper. I think I have decided this time but we'll see if I actually pull the trigger and get it ordered...
More details and a source list for what we've done so far can be found here.

And then here are the quick and inexpensive updates we did in laundry room until someday when we do a proper makeover in here.
You can read a little about those updates here.

And then lastly here is a little bit of the playroom. We've been working on it like crazy the last few weeks from painting to cleaning and organizing and it's finally starting to come together. The wallpaper is actually going up today and then I plan on hanging curtains, recovering the ottoman and a few other little projects and then I will share a post with all the details. I have to say though, this room is not at all what I would have chosen to do in here. =) I pretty much let Lillie and Lola help with all the design decisions so we ended up with pink, pink and more pink. I thought we could mix in some other colors but they both think the more pink the better so it is pretty much as pink as a room can get.  This is just a quick cell phone shot on the right so it's pretty grainy but at least you can get a little idea of how it's coming together.

So, there's a little tour of the progress we've made so far! And hopefully I will have some posts soon with updates on our master bedroom, the playroom, our guest room/office, the guest bathroom and our porch. I guess I'd better get back to work...

Have a wonderful Wednesday!






 
Happy birthday, sweet Blake.

66 comments:

  1. I love every single nook-and-cranny of your house. It is absolutely gorgeous! Job(s) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying the journey with you Jennifer. Luv all the changes... looking forward to the new master :) Such a luvly home!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so beautiful and I am impressed with how much you have accomplished in such a short period of time!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, You have done such a beautiful job updating and decorating your home! You give me hope for our newly purchased home.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! And you did all of this in such a short time! You work magic, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't love your home more! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer,
    Every thing looks amazing! Do you happen to know who makes the chandelier in your dining room and style number? Or one similar that you have found? I live in CA, we don't have Saavy:(
    Thanks!
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! Unfortunately I have no idea about the manufacturer, but if you contact Savvy here (http://www.savvyinwilliamsburg.com/contact-us/) they may be able to order it for you or tell you a little more about it.

      Delete
  8. I love watching all of your progress. It exhausts me though, I know how much work goes into all that painting. Your hard work is truly a labor of love, hope you can stop and enjoy it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so fun to follow along and watch your progress. I know how exhausting all of that painting is...truly a labor of love. Hope you can enjoy it all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a transformation!!! Your home is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The changes are spectacular!!!! Everything looks amazing. I especially love the white and grey guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenni, it's amazing to see what you've done in such a short time! Your house is looking wonderful, and it'll be such fun to see what else you do. I'm so happy for you!

    April 9 will always be a hard day, won't it? Hope you're doing okay. My Lee turned 17 eleven days ago. I think Lee was at every single birthday party Lee had from 2004 on--if Blake wasn't available, Lee would change the party date. He was always proud that his and Blake's birthdays were so close.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richella! And yes, April 9th and January 28th will forever be such difficult days to get through. I miss him so very much (as I know you and Lee do too!)

      Delete
  14. Oh, yes, happy birthday sweet Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do you get your rugs? I found similar gorgeous rugs at http://rugsale.com that make the room work. I've been trying to do something very very similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shawn! I will have to check that out at some point. I usually look at Pottery Barn, Rugs USA, and Home Goods.

      Delete
  16. This is seriously amazing. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's incredible to me how quickly you've transformed that house. You must not be sleeping on that mattress on the floor much. :) Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful, and the difference is stunning. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can you tell me how long you have been in this house???. I can barely believe the transformation!!!!!!!!! It is amazing and EVERYTHING has turned out beautifully! I am SO inspired. Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love every single room! All of it! Thanks for providing sources! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Jennifer, every room is just beautiful! Amazing how much work you guys have put into the home, love seeing you transform this home into what reflects your family!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a whirlwind! Every single detail is fantastic! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have impeccable taste! I love the decisions you made. I wish I could whip my house into shape as well as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all of it. Beautifully decorated and all the updates made it so bright and light.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The most inspiring makeover I've seen. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just so amazing. My shoulders and arms hurt just thinking of all that painting you did! How wonderfully rewarding!
    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your work.Verv inspiring so next week our masterbedroom will be renovatet. New colour, new floor, new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you've done so much! Love your home. Such an inspiring way to start my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love every single room. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can you tell me about when you primed your dark wood to paint, did you just barely cover the dark wood with primer. I've always gave my wood a thick coat with primer but then my doors don't want to close. It looks like in one of your pictures that you just barely cover the wood with primer. I'm thinking this may be my issue. Can you tell me a little bit about your priming process please? Thank you. PS... everything looks so beautiful. Did you do all of this by yourself? I'd rather my husband NOT help me, I'm too picky. :)

    ~ Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete
  32. You turned a house into a beautiful home. You can feel the love you have poured into every detail and project. Simply exquisite!
    I would love to hear what the old home owners think? If I were them, I would be begging you to move back in!! All your time and hard work has truly paid off. Thank you for taking time out to share all the details with us. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, that blew me away! I think the transformation of Lillie and Lola's room is the most impressive. So cute. As is the teddy on the windowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! What a spectacular redo! Isn't it wonderful what paint & gumption can bring about? I'm in a dilemma about a first floor makeover and this is definitely giving me ideas! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow...sitting at my computer and Ballard Designs email pops up show casing your bedroom redesign. How exciting for Dear Lilly!!! i have loved all your resigns and your itemized list of paints and decor...big thanks on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well if you receive my comment twice....sorry. I was sitting at my computer when an ad for Ballard Design popped up and it featured your bedroom redesign. That is wonderful for Dear Lilly!!. Thanks for the itemized list of paints and decor....big thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have to say, dear sweet Jennifer, that your house is my favorite one in all of blogland. I'm not much of a color person when it comes to my house, so I adore your layering of textures and patterns but all in a neutral palette. I'm not even sure if I've ever left you a comment to tell you how much I like your house. :) Now I definitely have.
    xo,
    Shannon
    www.akadesign.ca

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow.. you have done an amazing job....everything looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the whole house this is so my style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Really love the sofa and pillows and the clock and light in your dining room,

    ReplyDelete
  41. Do you like the colors in your family room or entryway better? I need to paint mine and I can't decide between the simply white with London Fog or the Moonstone with a Simply white trim. I like both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! It's hard to say, really. I don't necessarily like one better than the other, but they are definitely different looks.

      Delete
  42. ....swoon!....everything looks simply beautiful. full of life, personality and grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dear Jennifer~ I LOVE your home and decorating style!! This "tour" is now bookmarked so I can enjoy looking at it over and over... I'm constantly showing my hubby your ideas that maybe we can implement when we finally buy again. (We're renting for a couple years...) I appreciate you sharing sources too. You have an adorable family and if we lived on the same coast I'd want to hang out with you and talk houses and kids while our husbands talked about coaching basketball. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is simply GORGEOUS!!! I love your style and your renovations are amazing! Thanks for giving us a glimpse and inspiring me to revamp my maison! :-) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your taste is impeccable! This is so inspiring and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  46. WOOOOOW!!!!! Seriously amazing. I rarely like every single choice I see in a house, but I can honestly say I would not change one thing!!!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Aivan ihana koti teillä, terveisiä Suomesta!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Jennifer, when you ordered the stair runner from Rugs USA, did you order a specific size and then use that as a stair runner because none of the rugs I look at have an option indicating it as a stair runner so I'm assuming it's the size that determines that. What size did you order? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We actually pieced together three runners. You can read more about it here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/entry-way-progress-and-design-decision.html

      Delete
  49. Hi Jennifer, what was the process for painting over dark trim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can read all about that in this post: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/painting-doors-and-changing-out-knobs.html

      Delete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello! I stumbled across this post on Pinterest. What a beautiful house! We are currently looking to be transports and all of the houses in the northern Indiana city we are looking at are so dark and blah. It's actually what drew me to the picture because your before pictures looks like all of the houses we have seen. I was wondering if you painted the Windows or purchased new ones? If you painted them, how are they holding up? We go back and forth about it. Can you please link me to a page where you talked about painting them if that's the route you took? I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will come across a house that the previous homeowner wasn't a fan of beige and dark wood, but no such luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle! Jenni did paint hers and they have held up well (she hasn't posted about it though).

      -Jason

      Delete
  52. I absolutely, 100%, unequivocally love every single inch of this house. This is THE best makeover I have ever seen!!! This is beyond a good job! I could live there for the rest of my life with a smile on my face. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I can't even begin to say how inspiring the transformation of your house is. We will be closing on our new house in about a month and it has so much potential. It was built in the 80s and hasn't been updated since. They painted the ceilings with a yellow/orange faux texture paint and another room is plum purple including the ceiling. It has the ceiling beams and a gorgeous curved staircase. Hoping our reno turns out as great as yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful! Your work is inspiring! You need your own HGTV show :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...