HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Getting Ready For Some Warmer Evenings on the Porch



I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend! Ours was filled with Easter egg hunts, yummy food, fun time with my sister, Dana, and her boyfriend and some lovely friends, and most importantly a truly wonderful Easter service. It was such a busy weekend that I didn't finish up the post I had planned for today so instead I thought I would share some nighttime photos of our porch.

With warmer spring and summer nights finally in sight we decided to get the porch ready so we could start eating out there again soon. We are still playing around with the layout out here. I'd like to put a larger table out there (we originally had the table that is now in our kitchen out there but ended up moving it indoors after a few weeks) but I am holding off on making any decisions right now because once we add the larger countertops to our kitchen (which should be installed in about ten days!) there may not be room for that table anymore inside and it might move back out there. If it does still work inside then we will start keeping our eyes out for something that will work better out there. Right now we have a inexpensive Target tablecloth thrown over small metal circular table we bought at Wal-Mart about 7-8 years ago. The table itself is kind of a mess thanks to the fact that I had been using it in our garage to spray paint on top of at our last house for several years. The good news is the tablecloth hides most of that =) .

We got some of these little outdoor lights at Target last week and I think they are a fun little addition. 








I will do a lengthier post at some point in the next week or two with some daytime shots of the porch and a source list.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the lights. I'll have to head to Target & look for those.

    We just finished a remodelling project & added a screened porch onto the back of our house. We've been eating almost all of our meals out there & Love it! we still can't use our kitchen table anyway with work still be done inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your screened porch! Ours is one of my favorite things about our house; aren't they wonderful? Southern Living had an entire article dedicated to screened porches this month, and one of the home owners in the article painted the house wall inside the porch to match the trim on the rest of the porch, rather than leaving it the same color as the rest of the home's exterior. It was AMAZING how much it made it feel like a discreet room. I'm thinking of trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this!! Can I come over for a summer night dinner?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite things--to sit on our patio at night! I'm still waiting for the pollen to go away before I set ours back up for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo pretty. my favorite is how it all looks from the outside looking in. (menu board is adorable)
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous!! I love the entire look of this. It is perfect, simple and elegant. Great style :)

    Please check out my blog and give it some love,
    https://lulusandtiffanyblues.wordpress.com/

    Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks SO romantic with those lights and the flowers, LOVE it!

    Judi in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lights are really gorgeous! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to spend the evening out there! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your porch light. Do you mind me asking which brand you got. I was up there looking a few days ago for lights similar to these but they didn't have the plan bulbs. Just fancier lights with covers or colors. Thanks for sharing your beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! They are from Target's Room Essentials brand. They are called "String Lights - Weather Resistant" and were in a green box.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...