HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Custom Oil Painting


This past summer we were contacted by 1st-Art-Gallery.com to see if we were interested in receiving and reviewing a custom oil painting of our choice. I have always wanted a custom oil painting and was quite excited about the idea, but initially I was unsure of what to do as I couldn't think of a spot where I'd want a large portrait type piece. Then I realized it would be fun to have a more whimsical type piece done. I'd taken a photo of my girls and their sweet little cousin Everly last summer playing ring-around-the-rosie, and thought that would be a fun piece to have painted.

It arrived like a traditional painted canvas would - rolled and ready to be framed. After unrolling it I pondered what to do about the frame for a couple of weeks. I planned on having it professionally framed but because I am not sure long-term where it's going to end up I finally just decided to make a really simple frame for now with some wood I had in the garage and I actually ended up really liking how it looks so for now this is how it will stay.





The artists are really talented and the details on the painting are very impressive - right down to each blade of grass and leaf! They send you a proof to approve of and were very easy to work with. I would definitely order from them again!



Be sure to head on over and check out 1st-Art-Gallery.com! I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday! I am hoping to finish up a few more projects in Lillie's room today (we are just working on finishing details now and still waiting on a couple of things, like her much anticipated Sound of Music posters to arrive) and then hopefully we'll have at least a sneak peek either Friday or Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. This could not be more perfect for the space. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer! What a beautiful oil painting that is! How sweet it must be to the girls to see themselves in a painting like that. And it is so realistic looking! Oh and is Lillie getting her own room now? I noticed that you said I am doing something's to Lillie's room and will hopefully show you guys on Friday some peeks. Usually you refer to there room as the girls room. So I was just wondering. I haven't heard you mention anything about it here on the blog. But whatever your doing I am sure its going to look beautiful! A follower and friend in Hagerstown Md. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating painting my interior doors black for about a year now. Some that I have seen on other blogs and Pinterest I have absolutely loved and others are just okay looking to me. I don't hate them but I also don't love them either. I painted one interior door in my craft room black with a semigloss finish and I love it at times and at other times, I'm not 100% in love with it. I have a lot of white and light colored walls in my home. What criteria do you use when determining to paint interior doors black or white? Thank you!
    By the way, I love the oil painting and where you placed it!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie! It's really a matter of personal preference, but Jenni would tend to stay away from painting the interiors doors black in a home with lots of color, and lean more towards doing it in a house with lots a neutrals. Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  4. Aww, the girlz are so pretty! I love the Picture!
    Greetings from Germany
    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be so hard to find just the right frame for a picture. You have done a beautiful job of keeping this painting natural. Do-it-yourself projects often turn out beautiful as is evidenced here. Lilly should be so happy with her new room. She is one lucky little girl to have such a talented parent.

    Van Lucas @ JPC Custom Homes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...