HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting Dana's Christmas Tree

Dana and Lola

I am terribly behind on getting my family photos onto my computer. I finally uploaded a bunch last night.  Here are some shots from when we were up in New Hampshire earlier this month. Every year, since I was a little girl, we have always gone to my Uncle's farm to pick out our Christmas tree. It is such a wonderful experience. They have wagons (or sleighs if there is snow!) pulled by beautiful horses and the farm stand is full of delicious donuts they make right there and steaming hot chocolate that they offer free to all of their customers. Even though we couldn't get our tree there, (I don't think they would have let us on the plane with it), we did all help Dana pick out hers for her new apartment. My parents and Jamie and Josh had gotten theirs the week before. We had so much fun!

Mimi, Lillie and Jamie getting ready for the wagon ride out to the trees!

Dana and Lola

Mimi, Dana and Lola

Jamie carrying Lillie over the huge mud puddle

Poor Josh! It took forever to get the tree back to the loading area with Robert, Josiah, Luke and Lillie all helping him.

Jamie, Lillie, Dana and Lola watching them bag up the tree and load it on the wagon.

Lillie


Jamie, Lillie, Dana, Lola, and Mimi

Lillie and Jamie

And now back on the horses...

and time for donuts!

Also, we finished decorating the porch! I am hoping to get some photos taken in the daylight today and either post pictures tomorrow or Friday.  I went for a different look out here than the rest of the house.

Happy Wednesday!

19 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun! i love new Enlgand Christmases... my family is all from Vermont so we would spend our holidays up there with them growing up!

    Merry Christmas!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and what fun with your family!!The first time we were stationed in Ukraine, we had a hard time finding a tree in time for the 25th because they celebrate New Year's and then Christmas on the 7th. Our friend located one and then helped my husband bring it home on the metro! {we've seen it all on the metro!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful family tradition! I love Jamie's hat...where did she find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful memories you are creating for the girls. Looks like so much fun! Merry Christmas!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!!!

    Angela - I think its from J. Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even your family outings look like a carefully thought out photo shoot. Love the girls' outfits and, of course, the surroundings were lovely. It looked like so much fun. I've put my order in to my newlywed children for a Lillie or a Lola or even little boys ;-). Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures!! Lillie is sure growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful family!! Have A Very Merry Christmas!! xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so fun... I wish your Uncle's farm were near my house too! Would like me some of them donuts too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your blog! It is my favorite! Can your family adopt me?! :) Merry Christmas

    Kelly from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lillie is so stinkin' cute! I love that gappy smile :]
    My family has never had a real tree, but I like the idea of the traditional family drive to the farm to pick a tree out. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful memories you are making for your girls..
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful...and a fun tradition...what's the name of the farm? I live in NH and my daughter would love the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, everyone!

    Courtney - Its called Homestead Farms in Walpole, New Hampshire, she would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, i could look at your photo's all day long! they are just gorgeous. and so is your house. and so are your little girls. (the list could go on and on..) hope you have the merriest of christmas's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are creating such wonderful memories with Lillie and Lola. They are lucky little girls to have a family that is so close. You are so blessed. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I feel like I know the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos and wonderful traditions and memories you are creating for your daughters and family! It looks like a very fun filled day. I just love the photo of Josh with all of his little helpers following behind. Hope you are having a good week. It's so hard to believe that Christmas is just a few short days behind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can one family be so beautiful?! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...