HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Jamie and Josh's Christmas Living Room



The girls and I are back from a fun week in New Hampshire. We actually laid pretty low and didn't do a whole lot, but we did do quite a bit of decorating. I didn't take many "people" pictures this time (although I did take a few from our trip to the farmstand to get Dana a Christmas tree which I will post once I get them on the computer if any of them came out okay) but I took tons and tons of photos of Jamie and Josh's house. I have to admit I always get a little jealous when I am at their place. They did such a beautiful job building it and they have found so many wonderful pieces to fill it with.

Jamie and Josh got their tree before the girls and I arrived last weekend and got it decorated but then Jamie pretty much let me have free reign over most of the other decorating. In the past they haven't incorporated any red but this year Jamie wanted to start adding it in. They didn't want to spend much money, though, so this year we just started with some subtle red additions. First, Jamie bought a vintage grainsack and cut it up and made four pillows for her sofas with it. Then she bought two yards of a red ticking strip fabric which she used to tie her sheet music rolls on the tree with and to hang wreaths, and make placemats for the dining room with.  Other than that we pretty much used things they already had mixed with some fresh greenery from the woods and some gorgeous paperwhites that Jamie had planted as bulbs a few weeks ago.

Anyway, here are lots and lots of photos of their living room:

The mirror is from a store that used to be in Peterborough, NH called Red Chair Antiques. 
The sconces are from Restoration Hardware.


I love the stockings my mom made for them.



This basket for firewood is from Target.


Not sure where these boxes are from but they hold newspaper and other things they use for the fireplace like little dustpans and matches. 







The side table and lamp are both from White Home Collection in Wilton, NH.


The chandelier and curtains are from Ballard Designs and the wallcolor is Sparrow by Benjamin Moore.




And here is the room all lit up at night.


Mimi and rosy-cheeked little Lola snuggling up by the fire. 




 I have lots more photos of the rest of their home to share hopefully as the week goes on. I am just a wee bit behind on things, though (to say the least), after being gone all last week. I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

Oh and I will be back tomorrow to announce the winner of the Silent Night/Holy Night Set!

















34 comments:

  1. Loved that last photo of lillie gazing at the fire...so magical in black and white. Jamie's house is lovely!! you sure have the touch Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house! I love that light fixture and the stockings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their home is even more beautiful than usual with all the Christmas decorations. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I really like all of the special touches and love the red ticking fabric. Your blog is still my favorite of all the ones I see.Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I can see your "touch" all over it! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sisters home is stunning. I adore her Christmas tree and the red ticking sure went a long way. Just that little bit adds so much cheer! That little Lola sure is a beauty! Love the photo of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so gorgeous and festive! Thank you for all the wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love love love the Noel pillows....christmas decorations are so warming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mirror over the mantel-just what I'm looking for, for our mantel! Lola is turning into such a little lady-she's gorgeous! Their whole room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you didn't come see me?!!!! next time, okay?!
    Jamie's living room is beautiful! I love that she saves it for you to decorate.
    So happy you had a good visit "home"!

    xoxojoan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her firewood basket! I was just thinking that I needed something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always been a huge fan of your decorating style. After realizing you were in Florence for a while, it all makes sense. LOL.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! And I LOVE the joyeux noel pillows! Are those, will those be, available in your shop? For next year, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! When I read you were in NH I was hoping Jamie's house pictures would be coming! You didn't disappoint. It is beautiful. Where do you get those moss balls - looks like they are also covered with some small leaves?

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good for me to read that you feel a bit jealous looking around Jamie and Josh's house, since that's how I feel looking around YOUR house! You added beautiful Christmas touches for them and I love seeing those pops of red. But the very best photo may be that one of Mimi holding little Lola. She's so sweet you want to eat her up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful! Love this room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos... wish that joyeux and noel pillows were available - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always love your decorating style! Is that burlap ribbon around the tree? I used some burlap bags I got from our local feed store and cut 4" strips and made me a burlap garland. Love it and I love her house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much, everybody!

    Sunny - I made these last year for Jamie with a sharpie, but we're definitely considering having screenprinted versions available in our shop next year!

    Betsy - I think she got them at an antique shop in Maine, but I'm not 100% positive.

    Gena - Yes! She and my mom both used it this year, and I really love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love it all, I have so enjoyed my new drummer boy and silent night pillow. It is fun to see them in your beautiful home.So cozy and inviting. Merry Christmas,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it..Love it..Love it all..What a beautiful home..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a beautiful home, they sure do have some incredible pieces. The Christmas decorations are simple and elegant...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jamie's house is gorgeous! You all are so talented in your family and have such an eye for design. Each and every detail is stunning. I am loving my Christmas pillows I bought from you! We receive so many compliments on them. They are a wonderful addition to our living room! That's a beautiful photo of Lola with your mom and also the one of Lillie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jennifer, had to let you know that there is a blogger out there who just posted that she used your "Silent Night" template and made your pillow. Can she do that??? It doesn't seem fair. I saw her post and I'm like "No! That's Jennifer's pillow at Dear Lillie!!" The blogger is: hodgepodge-babselou.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jennifer she has great style too! i love the wall color really pretty! hope you get caught up!! susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, beautiful! Makes me think, I have a lot of work to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This is like looking at pictures in a magazine. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the look and feel of the room! I was wondering where the couch is from? I'm looking for one just like that! Thanks!
    Lauren
    laurenelysebowman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. soooo pretty! Got my things in today.....also SO pretty!
    :-)
    shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful room. Any idea what the paint color is? It looks great with the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks just wonderful! I love the paperwhites on the mantel, and the red and white ticking bows on the tree... the little pillow with the red drummer boy is the perfect touch of red with the rest. I really really like how everything looks so pulled together and uncluttered, yet so christmasy, especially with all the natural elements and the greenery... you guys just KNOW how to do pretty so well...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks!!!

    Lauren - My sister got the couch at Frazier and Son Furniture in Swanzey, New Hampshire.

    Angela - It is Sparrow by Benjamin Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely gorgeous...like photos out of a magazine! Jamie's home is so warm, inviting and cozy. I love naturals.

    Hope you and your family had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! I absolutely LOVE your blog and look forward to each new post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...