HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, March 28, 2014

Jason's Kitchen and Dining Room

Well, after three days without internet it's finally back up and running again so I can finally share some photos of the progress we've made at Jason's house. It isn't done, but it is definitely finally starting to take shape and now that he has some furniture it's starting to feel like a home. 

Here is a before and updated shot of the dining room:

And a before and updated shot of the kitchen (we are waiting on a piece of marble for the island and to replace the light once I find the right thing, and then add some roman shades to the window). 



We found this mirror at Pier 1 for half off when I was up in NH a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to keep it for myself - haha! 


Jason is not so keen on splurges but this was the one big splurge I've been able to convince him of. I LOVE this Bolton Lantern from Pottery Barn. We bought it after Christmas when they were having a lighting sale. I think it adds a nice masculine touch to the dining room.


The biggest project in the dining room was ripping up carpet and putting down a new floor. We've been talking about putting down a wood floor in here to match the rest of the house (the rest of the house has hardwoods) but not only is that a big project, it's an expensive one. We really wanted to get the carpet up though and get rid of the linoleum in the kitchen and make the two spaces look more cohesive. We had a few ideas for some temporary plans until we could do the wood but weren't crazy about any of them. Then after I tried the peel and stick vinyl in our laundry room I told Jason about them and we decided to go ahead and give them a try.  Jason got the carpet up and then his girlfriend, Brie helped him put it down. (I'm pretty sure she did most of the work!) I can't believe what a difference it makes for the two rooms! It now looks more like one larger space vs. two little ones.

You can see here how the two floors were before in this shot:

 








 





In the kitchen we still have to replace the island counter, add some roman shades and replace the light over the island. In the dining room I am hoping to build something for this bare wall you can see below and possibly some kind of bench for the far window (in the picture above) or I may look for a narrow sideboard - not sure exactly. And I may keep my eye out for a rug for under table but I am not sure about that. 




I have another post to write up with some of the progress we've made in the living room (you can sort of see the living room through the french doors in the picture below.) We haven't made as much progress in that room, but it's a start!

Source List:

Wall Color - Revere Pewter by BM in a matte finish
Trim - Simply White by BM in a semi-gloss finish
Doors - Wrought Iron by BM in semi-gloss
Island Color - Galveston Gray by BM
Bar Stools - IKEA
Appliances - Home Depot
Floor - Peel and Stick vinyl that looks like wood from Lowe's
Counters - Black Granite from Home Depot
Island Countertop - Right now a piece of plywood (will hopefully soon be marble)
Chalkboard - HomeGoods
Little Cabinet with Baskets - Joss and Main
Metal Mail Organizers - HomeGoods
Glass Bottles on Granite - TJMaxx
White Pitcher - Target
Glass Bottles on Little Wood Tray on Island - White Home Collection in Wilton, NH
Charcoal Color Chairs - Target
End Chairs - Pier 1  Table - IKEA
Mirror - Pier 1
Draperies - Ritva panels from IKEA
Lantern - Pottery Barn


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

41 comments:

  1. The rooms are lovely. The lantern is perfect, and was definitely worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the details on the peel and stick faux wood! We are finishing a kitchen reno (Ikea) in a tiny space and while I figure out what my dream floor is I would be happy to slap down some peel and stick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow!!! what a handsome home. everything looks so amazing.
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this turned out beautifully! What a difference, nice work (as usual)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching you work your magic in his home! The colors and accessories are sophisticated and have the perfect masculine touch. Nice job!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny. I am in the middle of a total gut/reno of my kitchen and updating my family room that is open to the kitchen. I found that same chalkboard at Home Goods and told my husband we have to figure out where this can go because I love it too much not to have it. Love the room. Just started following your blog. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a transformation! I love everything about it...
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What is the difference in the colors Mopboard Black and Wrought Iron? Is one more gray than black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I Think Mopboard has a little less navy in it, but it really just depends on how the light hits it.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. The peel and stick tile are genius I wish I had an area to use them in! You edit so well, I see rooms on blogs that are so full that you can't see any detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! Wish you were my neighbor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the details it is so helpful...I have used the same ikea cutains and rods from a Lowes I was on the fence about them but quickly ran out and puchased them after seeing them installed in your home, and they look great in Jasons. I also have the peel and stick vinyl in my daughters bedroom and our game room. Mine are Alure brand and I just love them!! I stalk your blog daily, just love your decorating style, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to know the color are the peel and stick vinyl? Gorgeous space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is Golden Oak by Style Selections (from Lowe's).

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous space! I would love to know the color of the peel and stick vinyl. I just love that floor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous!! Love everything you've done as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe that is peel and stick floor...from this point of view (across the www) it looks like real wood...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! Love it! Good job Jason and Brie! Especially love the lantern...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great transformation! Creativity & Style, and I love that you are budgeting! It all looks very stylish & friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These rooms look gorgeous! Somehow I have trouble imagining Jason's being old enough to have this beautiful home, but then I remember that Robert is married and Andrew is married and Will is living in East Asia. . . I think we need a band reunion this summer while Will is home from Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You do such a great job. I love hair homey your style is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing what a difference the flooring makes! I love the two wicker chairs at the ends of the table too. They are such a great touch...

    CIndy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm curious on the swing of the fridge, seems a little awkward, no? Otherwise, love to death, I copy everything you do. :) (and I pretend like they are my ideas, lol) #Imafreak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We went back and forth on that for a while, but he liked this way better.

      Delete
  22. looks amazing. you are amazing. you are!! and I never saw the peel and stick wood looking tiles before~they are pretty awesome aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. can you tell me more about the ceiling? it looks like its a wood tongue and groove? looks cool and love the room & your style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The ceiling was already there when we moved so I'm not really sure the details on it, sorry! I do know that the dining room was originally a screened in porch though, so it is some kind of porch ceiling.

      Delete
  24. Do you know how high the ceilings are? I have 8ft ceilings...would this work in my dining room with the 8 ft ceilings?? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! These are 8' ceilings so it should work in yours as well.

      Delete
  25. Hi, Are the kitchen cabinets painted? If so, what is the color? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! You can read all about how we painted them here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/how-i-painted-kitchen-cabinets-two.html

      Delete
  26. Can you please tell me how high his ceilings are, and did you install the wood ceiling? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are 8' ceilings. The ceiling was already there when we moved though, so I'm not really sure the details on it--sorry!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...