HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Painting Away...

Ahhhh! Sorry. I am quite behind on blogging again. I have been painting painting and painting some more and when that happens I barely spend any time on my computer so I get quite behind on editing my pictures and writing blog posts. The good news is the finish line for painting all the main spaces in our house is in sight! I finished up the laundry room and back hallway last night. Now all I have left are the walls in the playroom and quite a few doors (there are six in our bedroom I need to paint, three in the playroom and then the hall bathroom door).  I also need to paint our master bathroom. And then I am DONE with painting all of the rooms! I will need to go back and paint the insides of some of the closets but I am going to take a nice long break from painting before I tackle that.

I feel like all I have done for the last eight months is prime and paint baseboards, crown molding, chair rails, doors, windows and walls. I cannot wait to get started working on the details of the rooms! I do  plan on sharing some more progress we've made in some of the rooms like the upstairs bathroom and laundry room, a couple of fun giveaways and some new chalkboard art over the next week or two and then I should be able to get started on some actual projects. That is if I can actually remember how to use my sewing machine and drill...

I hope you all have a blessed Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Jennifer. It will all be so worth it when you are done. It once took me two years to restore a historic house that I did. It took 72 GALLONS of paint just for all the white WOODWORK in the house. It had not been painted in about 50 years. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is such hard work! I'm glad the end is in sight. Your house is looking beautiful and I know it'll be so great to get to the 'fun' stuff!
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice when there is a light at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about painting, painting, painting. There are only so many times you can post about painting and I'm sure I've exceeded the limit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just amazed at all you have accomplished - especially with two little girls at home! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this picture of Lola. Your girls are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola Is Gorgeous! But of course your whole family is. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I painted all of my stained trim too. Soooooo much work with the primer and then painting! It's like painting it five times because it took two coats of primer and three coats of paint to cover it properly without seeing brush marks and my home is 3000 sq feet with 5 bedrooms and three baths. The upstairs hallway had nine doors on it alone. I was absolutely sick of painting but sooooo happy now with the results. It's worth all the time and effort because it looks so fresh and cohesive. Hang in there. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! glad that you finished all the painting the rooms. Can't wait to see the result. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...