HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Chair Switcharoo



When we painted the kitchen and family room a few weeks ago I took the slipcovered wingback chairs that were in this room (you can see photos of this room with those chairs here) I decided to try switching the sets of chairs because I really liked how the slipcovered ones looked against the new darker gray mantel in the family room. So, I ended up moving these ones in here.  I think it looks a little bit dull right now with the autumn decor in there but I think I will really like it once we add some greenery in there for Christmas! And then I have some other greenery we usually have out the rest of the year. So, all in all, I am happy with the switch and I can't wait to show you this room again in a few weeks when we get it ready for Christmas!










Source List: 

Wall Color - Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore
Sofa - by Lee Industries (was purchased for 1/3 the retail price 7 years ago)
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Trunk - Found at an antique shop in Ashville, NC about 9 years ago
Small Gold Mirror - house warming gift from years ago
Mirror above Fireplace - family antique
Rug - Remnant from Lowe's
Side Table - also a gift from about 7 years ago, was from an antique shop in Camden, SC
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Lowe's
Zebra Pillow - I made them from fabric that was given to me about 7 years ago
Faux Cowhide Pillows - World Market
Antlers on the mantel - World Market
Wheat on mantel - I bundled it together from some wheat stalks I found at Hobby Lobby about 7 or 8 years ago
White Pumpkins - Savvy
Cable Knit Pillows - Birch Lane
Plaid Pillows - Target
In Everything Give Thanks Chalkboard Print - Dear Lillie


I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday! I'll be back later this week with our hot cocoa station.


10 comments:

  1. danke für die bilder und inspirationen!!! einen schönen mittwoch wünscht angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy when you show this room particularly since my 1979 house has all stained woodwork. Love the plaid pillow. What do you do to save your dry hydrangeas each season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just get them form the farmers market and put them in a vase that has water and they dry that way (I am not sure exactly how). I think maybe the trick is not cutting them until they've started drying a bit, but I honestly don't know.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful room-so warm and cozy and all the feelings fall brings. The cowhide pillows add that little extra rustic feel to your chairs- perfect mix! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please NEVER paint the woodwork in this gorgeous room. The chairs look perfect here and I can just imagine a burning fire or candlelight dancing as I am curled up reading a great book or surfing blogs on a cold rainy morning ----- my most favorite thing to do in my New England home.
    You have transformed your new house into a loved home.
    Thanks for taking us along with you on your journey.
    Fondly,
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how transitional your style is. I am much the same and it makes me feel good to see others do this. Your chairs look fantastic...moving furniture around can be a real addiction!! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coffee table truck with dried hydrangeas..Everything looks Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chairs look great in there too! I found one a few months ago at TJ Maxx and got it for my home office, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of those chairs. I got it from TJ Maxx and I am looking for another one. I have been there every week since! UGH! I need another chair! Yours look great in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this room with all of the warm woodwork but I think I prefer the look and style of the old chairs better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...