HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Our Arhaus Sofa



Our new Emory Slipcovered sofa from Arhaus arrived and we absolutely LOVE it. I have never seen my husband so excited about a piece of furniture. It is easily the most comfortable piece of furniture we own. You just sink right into it. I love that it's slipcovered and we can wash it when needed and I especially love the size of it. It's huge! All four of us can snuggle up on it and there's still plenty of extra room. And I particularly am happy with the fact that along with being so comfortable it's also has such a sophisticated look to it.

We went with the deso sand color and love how it looks against the dark chocolate colored walls and we love how our Grand Plaza print works so well above it.

Sometimes it's fun switching up the layout of the room. When we decided to paint the walls dark and go ahead and have the trim painted white and then starting putting the furniture back in it seems like it might be a good idea to switch the furniture layout a bit. We want to move a TV in here onto the wall opposite the fireplace and moving the furniture this way will work much better for that. 




It turns out this sofa is so incredibly comfortable that Jon suggested we move it into the family room. Seeing how this was the first time in history he has ever ever suggested moving a piece of furniture I didn't argue so you may eventually see it in our family room. =)








Source List:  

Wall Color - Midsummer Night in Matte by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore
Door Color - Mopboard Black in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore

Sofa - 94" Emory Slipcovered Sofa in Deso Sand by Arhaus
Extra Long Bolster - I made it with clearance fabric from Joann's Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Ottoman - Target about 8 1/2 years ago (only in here temporarily)

Plaid Throw - HomeGoods
Clock - Savvy Home and Garden in WilliamsburgMirror above Fireplace - family antique
Rug - Joss and Main
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Print on the mantel - Gift - purchased at Savvy years about 7 years ago

Frames on Gallery Wall - Michael's
Vase of Branches (cut from yard) - HomeGoods
Trophy-like Urn - Purchase on 75% clearance at a store called Seasons about 6 years ago
Books on Shelves - Passed on down or gifted from family members
Large White Book - Blurb photo albums
Small White Books - Chatbook photo albums
White dresser - years and years ago at a consignment shop
Lamps - HomeGoods
Grand Plaza Print - Arhaus

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 




*Sofa was provided by Arhaus. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

17 comments:

  1. We have the Emory sectional and it's super comfortable! Had an issue with the frame (which was causing one of the cushions to sag (so they're fixing that for us). Other than that, great sofa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, we are looking at getting the Emory sectional, love the looks of it. What was your experience with getting it repaired?

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've followed your blog for quite a while and I think it is fantastic! The original wood in this room was lovely, but I think this new look is gorgeous and really does work well with the rest of your home. The new, dark walls have made everything cozy and inviting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just FYI, don't attempt to clean the slip cover with any cleaning products before you test them, to see if they will remove the color. I have the Emory sectional and made the mistake of using something that discolored the fabric. Just throw it in the washer before you try anything else. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Arhaus & that sofa! I wish we would have waited to buy an Arhaus sofa like this slip-covered one! I love the depth & backing { I'm not overly pleased with our IKEA Ektorp }..! Have a great Sunday!! :)

    Paige.Rose
    from
    www.TheQuaintSanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful....I love Arhaus...I make a point to visit their showroom very often!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to me that if you leave the room set up the way it is and add the tv, you will all have to turn your heads to watch it. That can get uncomfortable. i love the room tho. i'm not as daring as you but i'm going to repaint my dining room a creamy color and have one wall black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room is really beautiful. It has come together so well! I had my doubts about painting the wood -- but you were so right! I have quite a few pieces from Arhaus which I am very happy with, even five years later. But a 46 inch deep sofa would swallow up my rooms -- too bad, it is a beautiful sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A post to make Arhaus proud!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love the ottoman as a coffee table. You say it's only temporary, what are you thinking of replacing it with? I think it works very well with sofa and room. Well done, the room is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created a beautiful room but I miss the warmth of the wooden fireplace wall. I think it would so rich with the dark color of the other walls. I wonder if you'll miss it come winter?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer, I am considering ordering the Baldwin by Arhaus, in the Deso Sand. Are you pleased with the fabric and shade of the color? I adore the white shades but reality tells me to go a bit deeper. Does this fabric still have the lighter, fresh look? I appreciate your honesty and insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes! We drove to the store to look at fabric samples to make sure we went with the right color. It still has a very light feel to it. I think they will mail you samples of the fabric if you email them.

      Delete
  12. Thank you! Ordering this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally surprised to see this fantastic blog on home furnishing. Thanks for this great share!see more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, About to purchase the Emory from Arhaus. Are you still loving it after living on it for awhile? How is the slipcover holding up?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...