HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Little Preview of Vintage Style Girls' Room


Last month we had the opportunity to work on a girls' bedroom for our sweet little friends Eleanor and Jane. It was so much fun to go with a little bit of a vintage theme in here. We still need to add some artwork to the walls (the main piece of art arrived yesterday - yay!) and a few accessories. For now we though, we thought we would share a little peek, and then next week, once we've added the finishing touches, we will share the full room.

The starting off point for the room was the wallpaper. We chose this Enchanted Wood paper in the Duck Egg Blue color from our favorite source, Wallpaper Direct. My friend Katie (Eleanor and Jane's mom) and her mother hung it themselves and did a fabulous job and then they painted the rest of the room a very pale pale blue called Whispering Spring. It turned out so beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this wallpaper.

To go with the feel of the wallpaper we chose some beautiful vintage looking metal beds from Joss and Main. They are the Annalise style beds. We went with two twin sized beds (although right now it looks like just the king size is in stock, but the twin size I think is available on Wayfair still). The beds were really easy to put together and I was so impressed with the quality and how truly vintage they look. I would order them again in a heartbeat! In fact, I've been trying to think of another place we could use them.


For the bedding we went with this beautiful set from Beddy's Bedding in Chic White. This is not just regular ordinary bedding. It is designed with children in mind and makes the entire process of making beds and washing sheets a million times easier. In the next post I'll try to share a picture of how the zipper works (I took some when I was photographing these but the lighting wasn't quite right), but basically all you have to do in the morning is just zipper up the side of the bed - similar to a sleeping bag. It makes it so easy for little kids to make their own bed. You can watch a video showing just how easy it is here on their website. I love that not only is it incredibly functional and makes the mornings so much easier, it is beautiful as well! I am thinking of getting one for Lola's new daybed!

The adorable gold polka dotted bedskirt is from Beddy's as well. We loved the idea of adding some gold into the room and these bedskirts are so fun and whimsical feeling. And we also love that this cozy little lamb from one of our favorite shops, Live Sweet, has the perfectly matching gold polka dot  on her arms, legs and ears! That was completely unplanned but one of my favorite little touches in the room.


We didn't have much space between the beds and at first I didn't have any luck finding a nightstand. Then I spotted this one at HomeGoods and I got so excited. I loved the shape and the color of the wood works perfectly in here plus the size was exactly what we were looking for!

We are still on the hunt for the perfect little lamp for in here so I stole this Joss and Main pitcher of flowers off of my kitchen table to take these pictures with.



The ruffled teal pillows are from HomeGoods.





And here is the other cute little lamb from Live Sweet Shop. My girls absolutely love these sweet little animals.

I can't wait to share the finished room with you all. I am especially excited about the artwork!

Source List:

Wallpaper - Enchanted Wood from Wallpaper Direct
Paint Color - Whispering Spring by Benjamin Moore
Beds - Annalise Metal Bed from Joss and Main (sold out right now there but still can be found on Wayfair)
Bedding - Beddy's Bedding
Bedskirts - Beddy's Bedding
Teal Ruffled Pillows - HomeGoods
Sweet Little Stuffed Animals - Live Sweet Shop
Nightstand - HomeGoods
Vase -Joss and Main


8 comments:

  1. So darling and inspiring. I'm working on my girl's room now and love the idea of the zippered bedding...wow!! I can't wait to see the artwork and everything else you do with the room. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so precious. I love that wallpaper too! k

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room is darling!! I cannot wait to see the rest. I am going to have to check into that bedding...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wall pattern is unbelievable cute and calm light colors make room cheerful and spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love. It. All. Fantastic job as always Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. genius idea for the bedding. I am obsessed with the wallpaper. I love it.

    http://k-g.us/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little room. I look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that wall paper and Katie and I had fun putting it up. You all put together an adorable room for the girls! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...