HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, February 6, 2016

A New Piece For Our Dining Room



For the last two and half years I have been on the hunt for a hutch for our dining room. At one point I gave up and built some shelves but still continued to hunt for the perfect piece for this spot. Although I mostly was looking for a hutch I also kept my eye out for bookcases too because I love the way they look filled with beautiful serving pieces and I figured if I couldn't find the right hutch maybe I could find the right bookshelf or cabinet. I kept spotting beautiful wood bookcases that had glass doors but couldn't find one that was quite the right size or exactly quite what I was looking for until I saw this one on Wayfair's website last month. It was the perfect size and the price was considerably better than most other places I had seen similar type pieces plus they offer free shipping!

I have to say it is even prettier in person and I am so excited about it. It makes the whole space feel more finished! We are actually making a few other changes in here for spring that I can't wait to share once they are done. Right after I took these photos I painted the walls a soft white color and am lightening up the whole room. Although I do still love Kendall Charcoal I really like how the wood tone looks against the white even better.


I actually haven't spent much time playing around with the shelves yet. I just used the items that were on the rolling cart and a few that were in the kitchen, but I am planning on playing around with them a bit more once I have a chance. I love how the white pieces pop against the darker wood. And I especially love how the piece smells.












Source List:

Wall Color - Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Wood Bookcase with Glass Doors - Wayfair
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Farmhouse Table - I made it using this plan from Ana White's site. Stained with Rustoleum's Weathered Gray and Minwax's Provincial
Runner - World Market
Tulips - Trader Joe's 
Black Tray - Painted Fox 
Items on Top Shelf
  • Silver Urn - Seasons of Williamsburg
  • Milk Jug Vases - Painted Fox
  • DemiJohn - Antique Farmhouse
Items on Second Shelf
  • cake stand - Pottery Barn (Emma Collection - was a wedding gift)
Items on Third Shelf 
  • Plates - miscellaneous Mikasa and Pottery Barn Emma Collection
  • Serving Bown with Pewter Handles - Wedding Gift
  • Pitcher - Pottery Barn Emma Collection
Items on Fourth Shelf 
  • Metal Basket - Joss and Main
  • Cake Stand - HomeGoods
  • Plates on Top - Miscellaneous
  • Square Cake Stand - Williams-Sonoma
Items on Bottom Shelf 
  • silver tiered tray - Target
  • Waters - Fresh Market
  • Pitcher - Gift


Have a fabulous weekend! 






Bookcase provided by Wayfair. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

10 comments:

  1. What soft white color will are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Wayfair! Since moving into this house we have gotten several pieces of furniture from them and have never been disappointed. And you can't beat the free shipping for FURNITURE!!! Love your new piece and love how you have it styled. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Is the bookcase called the Mallory Vitrine? That's the closest one I found to yours but on Wayfair's website the wood frame appears to be a different color than the doors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can find the direct link to it in the first paragraph of the post. Jenni says that it does look a little bit more gray on their site though.

      -Jason

      Delete
  5. It is a beautiful piece but I loved your rolling cart too. Where are you using that now?

    My DIL and I are revamping my grandson's room and I directed her to your dining room wall color (the Kendell Charcoal) that we both loved and are using in the upper part of his room, and painting it underneath in a creamy white. I'm anxious to see your room repainted....I'm sure it will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The piece is wonderful. I would love to get one. They are out of stock now. Looks great in your dining room. Slightly disappointed that you painted the Kendall Charcoal. It looked amazing in there, but anxious to see your new creamy white. I'm redoing my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new addition! Gives your dining room a finished look!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you finally got the perfect hutch shelving for your dinning room after such a long wait. I have also been on the look out for something similar but they seem to be very hard to find. You living room looks great and you have a lovely display of ceramics inside. I look forward to reading more of your blog in the future.

    Doug Lowe @ M & M Glass

    ReplyDelete
  9. its beautiful!!!! we searched FOREVER for a curio cabinet before we found ours at ethan allen. and its truly the perfect fit!! I know your struggle!!! yours is lovely!! i like the handles and its height!! and the pieces you placed inside are perfect :)

    http://k-g.us/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...