HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bluestone Hill Master Bedroom


Here are some more pictures of our bedroom at Bluestone Hill. We painted the walls Benjamin Moore Hale Navy, which I had already used on the island in the kitchen and loved, and the trim White Dove, which we have used on all trim so far throughout the house, with the exception of our daughter's bedroom.


The sofa at the end of the bed was in our uncle's library (which we are now working on brightening up for our older daughter's bedroom, and plan on moving our younger one into soon as well) and it was so unique that I hung onto it, hoping to find a spot for it somewhere. Once I painted the bedroom, I had my husband and brother lug it in to see how it looked. It was probably the third or fourth time they had relocated this sofa. (They groan when I ask, "do you think you could do me a favor?" but I'm pretty sure my husband prefers it to the alternative, which is coming home to find a piece of furniture completely jammed in a doorway or the narrow hallway between the bedrooms because I tried to move it by myself.) Needless to say, both my husband and brother are relieved that the sofa has found it's home at last!


We have never really had nightstands that we liked, because our bed was in a little alcove in our old house and we just used a cheap one we had from target and a plastic one from college. A month or two ago, I rashly decided to add another project to the never-ending list, and bought two Ikea Rasts simply because they were so inexpensive. I ended up doing a complete hack job of my first "Ikea hack." I drilled holes on the wrong sides of the existing holes to add cup pulls where there were basic knobs, and painted it the wrong color to begin with. I ended up putting a couple of coats of the trim paint over it, and, well, thank goodness for wood putty! We still have not added the trim I'm planning to the bottom and the drawer fronts, but at least it's not a plastic nightstand.



The reason I only photographed this side of the bed is because I got so frustrated with this supposed-to-be-simple project that I really didn't feel like doing the second one! It is still in the box. It's on that to-do list...:)





And here is a little look at the other side of the bedroom. It is cropped funny because we need to replace the roman shades. Also, we are planning to build a bench to bridge the built-ins on either side of the window. I will take more complete shots when we get these projects done.





Source List:
Wall Color - Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color - White Dove by Benjamin Moore
Headboard - Hayneedle (similar here and here)
Comforter - Ballard Designs
Quilt - Made by a great aunt
White shams - Marshalls
Striped lumbar pillows - Home Goods
White pillow in front - IKEA
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Nightstand - IKEA
Lamp - Joss & Main
Blue Animal Print Sofa - Was Uncle Bob's
Rug - Rugs USA
Chair in the corner - Home Goods
Buffalo check pillow - Target
Horse in bookshelf - Michaels
Baskets in bookshelf - Target
Bicycle bookends - Target
Tall blue patterned vase - family antique (similar one here)
Desk - family antique


Have a great week! - Jamie

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the blue so much! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful serene bedroom! I love the sofa from your uncle and the mix of blue patterns in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great! Hopefully the second nightstand will go together more smoothly. It sounds like something I would have done except I would have thrown it on the burn pile in frustration! (Ok, probably not but it would of been close) ha. The couch is perfect in there. I adore the print. How wonderful you are getting to breathe new life into a loved family home. I'm enjoying seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the whole room done with hale navy paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. That Hale Navy looks so good against mirror . The nightstand is perfect where is the hardware from? Love the gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Jamie's husband got them at a hardware store. The brand is Amerock and they are Antique Brass.

      -Jason

      Delete
  6. Your Master Bedroom is so very beautiful...I love the wall color..The room is both cozy and light and fresh and the same time! Love the way the night stand turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your master bedroom is fabulous. That red flowers over the white cabinet is a perfect focal point. Loved your sofa patterns in blue and white colors. You have beautifully designed your room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...