HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Little Progress in the Office


I hope you all have had a lovely weekend! It was in the high 70's here today and absolutely beautiful!   Today I wanted to share some pictures of the progress we've made in our office so far. I have a long term plan for in here that included wallpaper, a big cushy daybed and an organized sideboard but because that may be a little ways off I decided to go ahead and do a temporary decorating job in here because I work better in an organized space and this is now where I do all of my work. I am sooooo excited to actually have my own office space. After working from home for almost eight years I've never had a truly dedicated space and I can't begin to tell you how much I love having it! 


This was how it looked on move-in day. Beautiful floors and a nice basic square but a little dark and dreary. I wanted to lighten it up and then basically use pretty much everything we already owned in here for now. 


Because I didn't want to spend really any money in here knowing that eventually I have a different plan for in here we used things we already had and that helped decide the color palette starting with the rug and the tufted chair. I mixed in some gold things accents and that was about it. It's pretty basic for now but I love that it feels so much lighter and brighter and it makes it much more enjoyable to work in here now. 





Over on one wall we added our white sofa and the horse artwork Lola loved in our last house. Eventually I'd like to put a nice cushy daybed here because this room will also act occasionally as a guest room. 


The inside of the closet is all organized and the shelves are too although I don't think the shelves will stay in here forever. For now though they add some extra storage space to the room.




And that's about it for now. Here's another before shot: 



Source List:

Wall Color - Graystone in Eggshell by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss by Benjamin Moore
Door Color - Mopboard Black in Semi-gloss by Benjamin Moore
Rug - Birch Lane
Desk - Ikea several years ago
Desk Chair - Joss and Main a couple of years ago
Desk Lamp - HomeGoods
Globe - World Market
Gold Coral Art Behind Desk - HomeGoods
Sofa - Lee Industries about ten years ago
Gray Pillows - HomeGoods
Striped Pillow - my mom made it several years ago
Throw - HomeGoods
Horse Artwork - HomeGoods
Draperies - Ritva panels from Ikea
Curtain Rods - HomeGoods
Notebooks, candelholder, calendar and pencils - HomeGoods
Stapler - Target
Dog Tape Dispenser - Target

I hope you all have an amazing week ahead!






6 comments:

  1. I love that you share the before and after. I live in a house with similar woodwork and wish I could work up the "nerve" to paint everything white and the doors black. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning beautiful Office. Its really lovely
    Thanks for sharing both before and after

    I wish You a lovely day
    Lone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed at how beautiful your woodwork turns out when you paint it. Any tips for us novices? Your home is truly inviting and charming and classy all at the same time. Thank you for always sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jennifer: 70 degrees! We had another snow storm, yesterday, which I love! I am in awe of all that you have accomplished in a short time. Your office is very serene; just beautiful.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing all that you do...seeing you do this again with another home only seals the deal that it can be done with any room...any home..i think too much that my rooms are not going to cut it but you show YES it can be done and it can look stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful transformation and I like the fact that you made this work so well using accessories which when used with the rest of the decor accents, simply blended in so well against the rest of the room. You certainly did a perfect job. Thanks for the before and after pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...