HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My New Favorite Quesadilla

 

 Last week we had a did our monthly Blue Apron meals and I have a new favorite! It was actually a meal I was unsure I was going to like at all and now it's not only my new favorite Blue Apron meal but one of my favorite meals of any kind and I cannot wait to make them again.  The meal was Spinach and Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Queso Oaxaca and Guacamole. Although I love spinach and cheese quesadillas I thought that adding sweet potatoes sounded so strange and the type of cheese was a little out of the box for me. Well, I was so wrong. I never in a million years would have thought to add sweet potatoes to a quesadilla but it was sooooooo delicious and so was the cheese!!!  I think one of the things I enjoy most about Blue Apron is it helps get me out of a cooking rut and is makes me try things I never would have thought of. 

As usual, the ingredients were so pretty and so fresh! They use farm-fresh high quality ingredients and that is always the first thing I notice when opening my box. (The ingredients are shipped in a refrigerated box so there's no reason to worry if you aren't there when it arrives).



The prep for this meal was pretty easy, just some basic chopping and grating. And this time of year when I feel like we are living in a whirlwind I LOVE having all of the ingredients shipped right to our front door and not having to make any extra trips to the grocery store. 


It was dark out by the time we ate so I didn't get any "pretty" shots of the finished meal. So here is the one from Blue Apron's site. Seriously, this is my new favorite!


The other meal was a Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry with Tango Mandarins and Jasmine Rice. Although I put the Quesadillas in first place, this one is high on my list too and the girls liked this one better than the quesadillas. This was one of Lillie's favorites! 



This one was pretty easy as well with just some basic chopping and dicing.

I was not surprised that the chicken was delicious but I was suprised to discover that I loved the cooked mandarins with the flavoring on them too! In fact after I ate mine I stole several off of the girls plates. I loved the mix of the sweet and savory flavors combined! I also liked the extra crunch the cashews added!

I loved how pretty the finished meal looked with the pops of orange and green! I would definitely make this again as well!

So those were our latest two Blue Apron meals. I highly suggest trying the recipes - especially the Spinach and Sweet Potato Quesadilla!!!! We do the family plan but they also have a two person plan and they also now offer a recycling plan with two different options! 

If you have never tried Blue Apron before we highly recommend it. For the first 100 readers who use this discount code you can get three free meals on your first order! 

I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for the post! I tried to use your discount code and the link would not work.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know. It looks like it isn't working for other people as well. We've contacted Blue Apron to let them know and as soon as that it is fixed or they give us a new link we will update it! And I'll come back on here and comment when it's fixed!

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of your kitchen! Could you please reply with your counter top type and color, cabinet color and your bar depth and height. I have a similar kitchen/family room layout and would love to add a bar like yours. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just my two cents...We have the family plan for two meals a week. Sometimes I'm not sure I'll like something from the description, but I have been pleasantly surprised more often than not. I have also learned new cooking techniques and foods that I never would have used before. We have found several recipes that we want to try again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...