HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Our Gray Guest Bedroom With Some Simple Christmas Touches


Last Christmas I saw a few of these pom pom wreaths and thought they would be so much fun to make but because we were still knee deep in renovating the house last year I didn't bother to do any crafts so this fall the girls and I had fun doing some crafts for this Christmas like some faux snowballs (you can see those in our Christmas tour) and our advent calendar and making a bunch of pom poms. Then life got rather hectic and we just finally finished making the wreaths a couple of weeks ago. I was originally planning on doing a tutorial but it turns out these wreaths have been quite popular this year and I'm pretty sure there are already plenty of tutorials out there. You can find one here that looks really similar to ours. We made two. We put one in here and another one down on our mantel in our family room. Other than that we just added a few other simple winter touches in here.

 
















Source List:

Wall Color - Graystone by BM in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White by BM in Semi-Gloss
Door Color - Mopboard Black by BM in Semi-Gloss
Bed - Skyline Furniture about five years ago
Mirrored Dresser - Haynes Furniture about five years ago
Silver Chest - TJMaxx about five years ago
Lamp - Aiden Gray on clearance about 7 years ago
Sheets - Amelia Embroidered Sheet Set from Ballard Designs
Duvet Cover and Euro Shams - Jardin Toile from Ballard Designs
Quilt and Standard Shams - Audree Pom Pom from Ballard Designs
Knit Pillows - Soft Surroundings
White Linen Center Bed Pillow - IKEA
White Framed Mirror - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Tall Mirror - Home Goods
Urn - Had for Years
Metal Sphere - Home Goods
Chalkboard Print - Written by myself and sold in our shop here.
Candlesticks - Balsam Hill
Chair - on clearance at The Loft Outlet in Williamsburg
Knit Pillow - Joss and Main
Geometric Pillow - Target
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Home Depot
Lamp Shade - World Market
Horse Bookends - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Chandelier - Restoration Hardware Baby and Child
Rug - Rugs USA
Shades - Lowe's
White Frames with Lillie and Lola photos  - IKEA
Pom Pom Wreath - We made it
Paperwhites - Savvy Home and Garden
Ceder greenery on the mirrored dresser - Savvy Home and Garden

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

20 comments:

  1. another lovely room. The thing I love about your blog is that you always note the room colors, trim, etc. It is frustrating to see a great room color, especially in magazines, and have no way of finding the source. So, thank you from all us bloggers who have paint trauma and need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Yes, there are quite a few tutorials out there as I have been looking at them. However, I would still love to see your tutorial as I always like to see what items you use and how many times you wrap the yarn, etc. I hope you will share your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the pom pom wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni your "simple Christmas Touches" are pure perfection!! Warm, cozy and inviting.
    Fingers crossed you post a tutorial for the yarm pom poms and wreath.
    Happy Weekend! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year, I've been really looking at how my Holiday décor is. I haven't been liking it and wondered why I couldn't pull it together. Watching your home tour for Christmas has been so fun! I really like what you do and have been able to start pulling in what I'm missing in my décor and getting rid of some of the excess. I also love that you add to the girls room and the playroom. Because of you, I've got my heart set on finding some fun pink nutcrackers! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreath & the pillows are so cozy & snuggly looking! Love it! Happy Holidays !!

    Paige.Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wreath. Hope you post a tutorial on how it was made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennife, may I ask what the name of the wall color is? Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christine! Its Graystone by BM in Matte Finish (you can find that and other item info in the source list).

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful room, Jennifer! I would like to look for some pics of how it looks normally. I have a grey guest room as well and am always looking for ideas to dress up the top of the armoire and side tables without cluttering them up. I love what you did on the mirrored dresser for Christmas. Thanks for listing the resources. I love the pompom coverlet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, I love this (and everything you do), but I can't help but think how exciting it would be if you would use, say, ORANGE in a room design. But alas, I guess that wouldn't be you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the room and wreath. How much yarn? Can you give tutorial please? This is my favorite bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this room, and the pom pom wreath is adorable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you make a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Would love to know how you made the pom pom wreath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like the perfect gray for a bedroom. Does it have any green undertones? I just want gray. Your home is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And this gray doesn't have any green undertones.

      Delete
  15. Your room is beautiful! I have a question about the chandelier - I was about to ordering but noticed it takes only 25w bulbs. Is it dim or bright enough for the room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It takes quite a few bulbs, so it actually ends up being pretty bright.

      -Jason

      Delete
  16. Love the chandelier! Where do I order it? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child--you can find the sources of all the items in the room in the source list above!

      -Jason

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...