HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Little Settee Makeover and French Charmed


We are knee deep in projects here. I was hoping to show you a few today but haven't had any time to photograph any yet. It has really been a whirlwind these past few weeks and I am looking forward to things slowing down a bit in another week or so. 

Anyway, even though I don't have any new projects to show today I thought I would share one of my sister, Jamie's. When she and Josh got married they inherited this settee. The bones of it were great (and it was FREE!) but the colors were a bit dated. Jamie decided to go ahead and attempt making a slipcover for it and it turned out FABULOUS! When I saw it I was amazed at the transformation.  And it looks perfect in their upstairs hallway, especially with the mirror Jamie painted and the sconces.

Here is the before:

And here it is after:

I love the pleating on the bottom:

And the sconces are beautiful:

Along with the lots and lots of projects we have been doing here, we have been doing lots of playing too. Lola now wants to do everything that Lillie does. They climbed in this basket and wanted me to pull it around and pretend it was a boat...lots of fun but not so great on the back - haha! I am getting old. 


I also want to introduce you to one of our newest sponsors:

They were one of our first wholesale customers when we reopened this fall and carry our Je T'aime pillow cover on their site. Now we are excited for them to be a sponsor of our blog. Here are a couple of my favorite things from their site:

I love this silver chalkboard:

 And this French Cushion:

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I am going to attempt to take some photos either today or tomorrow so I can share some new pictures soon.


30 comments:

  1. WOW! that is stunning! i love the fabric and the style of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!
    Nice job, thank you for sharing!

    Lovely greetings...

    http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy people who can sew! I have tried and I fail miserably!!! That is a lot of work and a lot of talent in that gorgeous slipcover. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She did a great job. When I make a slipcover if is never that tailored. She is talented. And I love the sconces!

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the difference that slipcover makes! The fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric is gorgeous. Do you know where she got it? I've been looking for something just like that. Love French Charmed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      I got the fabric from Fabric.com. Here is the link:
      http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=380e933e-b2f5-4ae9-9563-aecdac1a2994

      I got the Blue Stone/Denton, but I really like the Taupe/Robin as well!

      Thanks,
      Jamie

      Delete
  7. The fabric is wonderful! Love the pleating too! The slipcover is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing job..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! But my favorite part was hearing about you pulling your girls around in a basket! Ha! So sweet. Thanks for sharing, I just love your blog and your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That setee is gorgeous!!!
    I actually used that same fabric in yellow as table covers at my baby shower... Check it out at my blog on oh-babydesigns.blogspot.com.
    Vera :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The settee is gorgeous! I love the fabric and cute ruffle!

    Your girls are precious!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle,
    I got the fabric from Fabric.com. Here is the link:
    http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=380e933e-b2f5-4ae9-9563-aecdac1a2994

    I got the Blue Stone/Denton, but I really like the Taupe/Robin as well!
    Thanks, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is Jamie's blog...I would love to look at the rest of her house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister doesn't currently have a blog, but we've shown several of her rooms here in older posts. They should come up if you search "Druke" in our search bar. Also, many of the posts have the label "New Hampshire" as well.

      Delete
  14. So talented!! The settee is amazing! I have that same fabric ;) I made some pillows out of it and a small curtain for my powder room. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jamie did a beautiful job on her settee! It's gorgeous! You all are so talented and creative. The girls are darling sitting in the basket. I am sure they provide a lot of joy and laughter on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The settee turned out so well! I almost picked that fabric for my living room.

    I love seeing the girls playing in the basket/boat. My kids always had such great imaginations, well they actually still do!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She did such a great job on the settee! And, i LOVE the fabric, WOW!
    and... it looks like i might just have to make a little trip over to French Charmed, that pillow... whoa, it's cool!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the settee, the colours, the pleats! Just beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! I'd love to know about the darling pillow. Did your talented sister make that too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! We plan on adding lots more pillow like this to our inventory this spring/summer!

      Delete
  20. Oh it's so pretty, for free? Really, lucky girl! I have to look but I think the new fabric is the same on my dinning room bench. Have a great week!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  21. The settee looks beautiful. I also love the little pillow...and happy to read that you will be adding them to the shop! I need one with a pink ruffle for my daughter's room. Love seeing Jamie's house, too. You sisters have fabulous style!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your sister did an amazing job and the fabric is just gorgeous. So gorgeous that I've just followed her link and bought some. Now I have to find something to slipcover!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love the settee! Great job on the slipcover and the pleated skirt is such a nice touch. It really adds to the piece and looks like it should have been that way all its life. And those sconces and mirror are beautiful, too. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so behind since I have been drowning in paint. This settee is fabulous. Perfect fabric and love that ruffle. Great sconces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Geez I guess I missed a few posts, but I have to say your sister did a fantastic job on that slip! It really is quite professional. I love that fabric too. Well done!~I just wallpapered an accent wall in my dining room and got to thinking it looks similar to the paper you used. Please come take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Solution for pulling your kiddos around in the basket and and achy back. Find and sturdy cardboard box, plop a little throw in it for comfort, cut a hole in the side and loop a belt in the hole. Put the kiddies in the box and you have hours of fun with no back ache.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...