HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Dining Room



Well, I'm cutting it pretty close putting January in the title. Even though February is just a few hours away I thought I'd show you what our dining room has looked like these past couple of weeks. Like most people, I always struggle a bit after Christmas trying to still make things looks cozy and not too bare once all of the greenery comes down. Obviously it's a bit too early for anything that has a spring-like feel to it so I generally keep things pretty simple. Although I do put all of my Christmas greenery away I generally use paperwhites for at least another month or so.  (We have just a few of our Ruffled Table Runners left in stock!)

You can see in the first two photos I had some cute little frames above the wingback chair that were a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law. I really wanted to use them in the living room but they were just too small so I ended up swapping them out with this painting we got several years ago and I think I have a good spot for the frames upstairs!

I have to admit I miss having the chairs on either side of the buffet. I moved them into the living room when I changed things around. I am keeping my eyes out for the perfect chairs for the living room, though, and when I do I will move those two back here.

Although we got rid of the Christmas greenery, we keep the hot cocoa station up for most of the winter. (You can see it decorated for Christmas here).






You can see photos of the living room side in yesterday's post.

Last year we got a bunch of e-mails requesting that this year we offer the Valentine's silhouette in a boy option to go with the girl. We just got them finished up and are listing them in our shop right now.
Have a wonderful evening!

28 comments:

  1. What can I say..
    It's beautiful..
    You have such an eye for decorating..
    Have a wonderful evening..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love seeing your dining room and home no matter if it is January or February. It is always fun to see and it is always seeing your photography that is not over exposed like so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always! The quote on your chalkboard is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your diningroom looks so pretty. Your house is so fresh and clean. Those Valentine pillows are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your home is divine! I love everything about your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your home and the dining area.. AND that fixture about the table WOWZER love it ... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a little kids chair on the end? Your dining room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! I love the changes....just wondering how it would look if you switched the 2 chairs in your living room with the two chairs at either end of dining table (the cream color arm chairs would look great in the living room .... Your home is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't trust the girls to eat in those chairs that are in the living room! =) Or myself =) I wouldn't be able to recover them if we had an accident. The chairs we have at the end now the seats can be easily recovered whenever we have a bad spill. =)

      Delete
  9. I just adore your home - it always looks so perfect so please tell us all....where do your girls have their toys?? I don' think I have ever seen one at your home!! I know you have them squirrelled away somewhere!!
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - yes, they are all hidden away in lots of funny little places. I did a whole post on it a while ago: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/where-are-all-toys-and-more-give-thanks.html

      Delete
  10. Love, LOVE your dining room! ... and your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the valentines silhouettes! Any plans to put those on shirts? Guess its too late for this year but next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! We sold them on shirts last year (or maybe it was the year before) and probably will again in the future but due to some other things we are working on decided not to this year.

      Delete
  12. Hey there Jennifer (et al),

    Your January dining room is magnificent! Here, in our little home (we call it "The Villa") we still have a touch of reminent Christmas as well. I think it adds a little cheer during the winter months. :)

    - Jesse
    Aloe Vera Juice Benefits

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please do a post about how to keep your house clean! I have a 2 year old and 5 year old and I struggle every day cleaning!!! I stay home with my kids...so they are constantly making a mess! I read your post about how you hide the toys under coffee table and other spots....but what about how to keep furniture clean....how do you do it??? I really want to buy a valentine pillow....but I am scared it will just get wrecked by kids! I wish my house could look like yours! My son just used a dry erase marker to make a big green circle on my white ottoman! Are pillow covers washable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, up close our house isn't that clean. We have stains and handprints on just about everything. I try to wash things up as often as I can but I am not too stressed about it. I figure they are just things and I want our kids to grow up being comfortable in our home so if something gets spilled we just do our best to clean as best we can. Slipcovers are helpful too! =)

      Delete
  14. VERY pretty! I love it all. When I take down Christmas, I go straight to Spring too. It really is my favorite season for home decorating. Love the table runner, better go check it out right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I go straight to Spring once Christmas is down too. I think it is my favorite home decor season, soft and fresh. Love the table runner, better go check it out now! :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Luv the simplistic beauty your home evokes.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love to know where the wallpaper on dining room came from?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from American Blinds and Wallpaper but I am not sure the name of it. Amy at Maison Decor has the same paper in her dining room in a different color and I think she knows the name of it!

      Delete
  18. This is a silly question...but are those hydrangeas real? If not, where do you buy your fake hydrangeas that look so real?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tones of white are so clean and refreshing. I really like that pillow, too. I want to create an airy outdoor living space on my deck this spring but wonder if white will get dirty fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...