HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Parent's Chalkboard and E-mails


Back in October when I was visiting my parents I had some fun writing a fall quote on their new chalkboard, and then for Christmas my mom decorated it. While I was there this past month, after Christmas had come and gone and a new year begun, it was time for a new quote. My mom chose this one and I wrote it for her. I didn't use a chalk pen this time, I used just regular chalk.  I did this one more quickly than usual and if I had a chance I would go back and make the "b" in buy a capital B seeing how I ended up added a period at the end...maybe if it's still on there next time I visit I will fix it...or maybe it will be time for a new quote. I just finished a new one on one of my chalkboards here at home last night and am about to start on another one tonight.

This is what the desk looked like before we made it over back in October:



I removed it when I was taking pictures, but they have this cute little picture of Miss Lorelei tucked into the corner of their chalkboard.

I also wanted to quickly mention something about e-mails. We do our very best to respond to every single e-mail that has a question in it. If you have ever written in with a question and not gotten a response I would recommend making sure your e-mail address is typed in correctly. Although occasionally e-mails get stuck in our spam folder or I am sure at some point I have accidentally put one in the wrong folder myself, I know that quite often if you don't get a response it is likely that we did indeed write back to you but that it came back to us saying that it was an invalid e-mail address. I know that has happened to me several times recently where I have written a response and then a few minutes later it shows up back in our inbox saying the e-mail address was not valid so just make sure to double check when you type it in to make sure it is correct if you are sending us a message directly from our website.

I hope you all have a blessed Tuesday!


25 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous chalkboard, and I am still loving the desk transformation. You and Jason have always been awesome at answering the few emails I've sent regarding your products =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, have you ever done a tutorial on how you write such beautiful quotes on the chalkboards? They are always so beautifuly written with perfect spacing and some words have even been rounded. I would love to make mine just as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, Angela, but I have considered it. Because I freehand mine, though, I am not sure the best way to do a tutorial on it.

      Delete
  3. I love the painted secretary. I am getting ready to paint an old peice right now and it is really inspiring. It's also a great fit for that spot in the room.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me what a difference paint can make. It turned out lovely, the chalkboard also!
    Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this might be a silly question, but did you freehand the words on the chalkboard? Your writing is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more posts of your parents house, I love the ones you posted last summer. Thank you! I also love the painted desk. Mickey cybulski1@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mickey. I do freehand them. I have always enjoyed writing!

      Delete
  6. This looks lovely! You have me rearranging my entire house trying to find a spot for a chalkboard!!! Hmm, yes, can you come write everything for me;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The handwriting on the chalkboard is always so exquisite...do you make lines on the board as a guide?...it is just perfection!!...Love the quote and the secretary/desk turned out wonderful..love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I generally sketch it out really lightly first and then go over it darker once I have everything in the right spot.

      Delete
  8. How do you do that!!!??? I LOVE your lettered chalkboards! I can't even begin to write something in such a measured, even way, not to mention the font style which is to die for. I loved that desk makeover too!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great? What is the paint color used on the walls, if you don't mind? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Revere Pewter and it is gorgeous! I am planning on painting several rooms in my home with it!

      Delete
  10. Love the chalkboard. I am hoping we get a tour of your parent's house! I loved Jamie's shower decorations. Wasn't sure if that was your parents house or Jamie's house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am chalkboard addicted......love your chalkboard art. I wish you
    could put them in a format that they could be printed off. I have
    downloaded a couple other chalkboard designs from other sites and they were beautiful when I reproduced them......

    ReplyDelete
  12. just a thank you to you and to your lovely blog.
    I have downloaded your free template "to read a poem in January" and found it perfect for the snowy landscape I have all around me and my family. so thanks for sharing with us all your mood, your amazing artistic choices... and your crafty spirit.

    lisa,
    northern Italy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this so much and because of you I just bought a gorgeous chalkboard for our kitchen. I'm so glad you could make it look this pretty with regular chalk, as my board isn't compatible with chalk pens. I also received all my pillow covers from you last week and they are gorgeous. Thank you and keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like your pillows, Melissa! And although you can't get quite as fine detail with regular chalk you can still get a pretty decent amount of detail and it is MUCH easier to erase than a chalk pen! =)

      Delete
  14. You have a really beautifull blog... I just bought the chalk pen, because I can't write with the regular chalk, you are really talented if you can...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Do you know what color was used on the desk?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want one but my writing looks like hen scratch. You make everything look perfect! Love the board and writing and desk.Will you be selling your chalkboards soon?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color of the frame on this chalkboard. I bought a basic chalkboard from Michaels and I would like to "beautify" the frame part. Its just a wood color but its smooth, so im wondering if paint would look ok or if i should buy wood to put over it? i want it to have a beachy feel. I like the wood on the chalkboard frame that you made for your parents. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it already has a thick wood frame I would just paint it and then distress it a bit. If it's thin I would beef it up a bit with more wood first.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...