HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Valentine's Decorating


I thought today I would show you the rest of the Valentine's decorating we did in our dining room and living room. I was thinking about doing a really soft pink accent color but couldn't find any fresh flowers that weren't bright pink at the places we went so I just ended up getting some white hyacinths and going with a very simple black and white color scheme. And to keep the girls happy I threw in some hearts and the love banner on our mantel that I had not been planning on using this year. I have to admit looking at them they kind of drove me crazy so even though I had the large heart, the heart petals on the table and the love banner on the mantel up for about a week I ended up removing those three things today and left everything else and I like it so much better...I wish I had time to retake pictures. I think it looks better now. I am not sure the girls agree, but hey, when you are 1 and 4 the more hearts the better =)

Over here I used more of my favorite striped straws from the TomKat Studio. This time in gray. And I made a simple canvas for about $4. Seeing how I already had the quote on the chalkboard I decided to have the canvas be more graphic and used the number 14, which has several significances for me, two of which are the fact that obviously Valentine's Day is on the 14th and that Jon's number in college was 14.


In this picture you can see the large tissue paper heart and some little cutout hearts sprinkled on the table runner which are both in honor of Lillie. =) I made the heart last year and wasn't a big fan of it but Lillie saw it when I was going through some from last year and begged me to put it up.


You can see how to make these little mini valentine's cakes in yesterday's tutorial. They have a fun little pink ombre surprise inside.


On each plate was a little cardstock cutout of the word love.

I decided seeing how I had a little nod to Jon in the 14 on the sideboard it would be nice to put a little something in honor of my little valentine's on the table so I added a photo of Lillie on one side and Lola on the other.




And then of course underneath each setting are these chalkboard style placemats that are available to download on our website.

In the corner I have one of our 12 by 20 je t'aime pillow covers.


And here is the love banner that I have since taken down... =)






And on the sofa we have our "Love is..." pillow cover set. We are sold out of them in white but have a handful left in the black ink print that are on sale.

I hope you all are having a lovely week!


21 comments:

  1. Love everything. I think the tissue paper heart looks fantastic! Put it back up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful. I have to agree that the LOVE banner didn't flow with the rest of your decor. It was too heavy while everything else is so etherial. And I love the tissue heart…on my list for next year.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amelia (one of your newest followers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual you did an outstanding job! can you give some info on the frame covered in what looks like some kind of leaves and bow? did you make it or buy it? if you made it, are you going to do a tutorial and if you bought it could you please link the source?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! You can read more details about the lady who made the wreath here in this post and there should be a link to her facebook page as well in it. http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-wreath-on-mantel.html

      Delete
  4. How beautiful and elegant Jennifer. I love Lillie's touch of the hearts scattered on your table and also the Love banner. Your house is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the love banner! AFter all, you have a 1 year old and a 4 year old is it? They are really little anyway. I think holidays should be about them too, and things they love! I bet they loved the banner, it was so pretty. The rest is really pretty too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet simple touches that show love. I adore the mini cakes and the framed pictures of your two darling sweethearts. Happy Valentines week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home color palette is so restful and inviting!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I just thought of another way of looking at "14" - Lola is "1" and Lillie is "4"!! : )
    Okay two things I'm loving in this entirely gorgeous neutral Valentine's scheme are the grey napkins and...are those tarnished silver chargers on the table????? Be still my heart!!! wondering whether you purchased the napkins or made them yourself??
    Love the decor, as always, Jennifer!!
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was something else the 14 signified for me as well, but I hadn't thought of the "1" and the "4" being Lillie and Lola's ages! I have had the napkins for years and years. Honestly I have no idea where I got them. I would guess Target or possibly Pier 1? Or maybe even Hobby Lobby? The chargers were wedding gifts are were from Pottery Barn. I love them too!

      Delete
  9. What can I say..
    It's BEAUTIFUL..
    I love your home..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the white :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am in the process of "de-browning" our house (yep, made that word up!) We have brown leather couches, cow hides and brown barn wood ceiling (very cool) but...a little lightening is in order. Your pictures have inspired me...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning. Can you please, please tell me where you found those gorgeous white plates with the detail around the edges? I am in the middle of registering and and have been searching high and low for a beautiful white plate just like that! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! I tried to message you back but it was a "no reply" e-mail address. They are from Pier 1 but I got them quite a few years ago so I am not sure if they still have them or not. =(

      Delete
  13. Sigh... Everything is just so pretty at your house. I love the little touches of green everywhere. And the little white hearts sprinkled on the table are so sweet. Your blackboard looks amazing as usual!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are so amazingly crisp and clean, love your blog! Have just started a blog myself and love all the inspiration I find here...Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blackboard quote is beautiful...just read the story behind it and about your precious cousin. So moving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any information about the mini cake stands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Pottery Barn. I got them about 8 years ago though, so they may not still carry them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...