HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sisters (Guest Post from My Mom)

Because my mom is often worried about how little sleep I get she has kindly offered to write a guest post so I could take a night off- well, not a night off, but a night off from blogging! We have an amazing aunt (my mom's sister) who is one of the most giving people I know. She is endlessly thinking of each and every one of our family members and sending gifts, cards, and words of encouragement. There have been days where I have gotten more than one card in the mail from her! Anyway, today my mom really wanted to bless her by sharing a little bit about what her sister means to her. You will see that Jamie and Jason (who have posted here before - just waiting on Dana now) got their way with words from my mom. I hope you enjoy!  

 My Mom and Aunt Jan

Greetings! This is Heidi, Jenni's mom. I have helped Jenni and Jason somewhat over the past few years with a few of the products for Dear Lillie. Or at least in ‘my’ mind or imagination, I think I have...:)

However, last spring I took what I thought would be a short recess from sewing, which has since stretched into a rather lonnnng intermission...:). Needless to say, I felt I should contribute in some small (or as Jason might think), insignificant way. Therefore, I thought I would fill in with a guest post, due to the fact that Jason is no longer achieving the necessary quota for his devoted fans. Granted, my own writings could never fulfill or even surpass the quips you all look forward to in his posts. I readily concede to that without even pause for an argument- but for one reason only: My post today is in honor of my sister.

No, today is not "National Sister's Day", which doesn’t occur until the 4th of August. If I were to wait until then, it would only delay my merry little fingers in lending Jenni a day off from composing, designing, editing, etc. Today, rather, is a way of defining what love is, as seen through my own eyes of my sister. It doesn’t directly have a thing to do with Dear Lillie, yet her attributes aid in defining who we all are as a family. Therefore, as I risk penning these musings to you under the guise it is in the proximity of Valentine’s Day, I invite you to look into the ‘heart’ of what truly matters.

My sister Jan is three years older than I am. Do we necessarily agree on everything all the time? No. What fun would that be? Did we ever squabble while growing up? Yes, of course we did! We would never deny ourselves such rights of passage. Oh, but we did share some glorious times together, such as proudly creating our very own "Monkees' Fan Club", sharing our love for the Maine seacoast and dreaming of living there one day, even blending our learning experiences as Jan taught me how to read at the ripe old age of four! We still share in our laughter together at all the wrong and inappropriate times and places. Countless memories have been born from our 50+ years of sisterhood. However, behind those recollections there are gems that have given me far greater joy:

JAN

You were always bold and daring,
while I was timid and shy.

You were the first to show me
Jesus
as you blazed your path toward Him.
Cautiously, I followed after you. 

You were the first to show me
the power of prayer.
Tentatively, I followed your lead.

You were the first to show me
the road of suffering
when struck with tragedy so young,
as you passed through the waters, walked through the fire.
I tiptoed after you.

You were the first to show me
true courage and perseverance,
when you were almost taken from us too soon.
Pressing on, I followed your trail.

You are a giver, an inspirer, and an encourager.


So today, I thank you for your love, your gift of giving, your acts of
courage, and your daily trust in whatever lies ahead of you.
May I ever be so honored to follow in your footsteps.

Heidi

18 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful post and tribute to your aunt! Great way to start my day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Having a sister is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no better friend than a sister... beautifully written Heidi. Tears of joy! Truly thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely and moving tribute. Every day should be National Sister's Day. My life wouldn't be complete without my amazing sisters, and it sounds like yours is equally blessed.

    Btw, "Monkees Fan Club" made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! We all need to be reminded of what truly matters. Whether sisters, mothers, daughters.....these women in our life need to be reminded of why we love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a moving post this is, you can truly feel the love between you two. How lucky to have such a special relationship with your sister. I'm all for more post from you Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wonderful post, Heidi. Beautiful words for your sister !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post. You write so well! I really hope you will write again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Just beautiful.. I invite you to stop by my blog as well.. I am not sure if you have ever visited ..WOULD love it .. The Rusty Pearl.. WE love your blog..............HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post Heidi and a lovely way to honor your sister. You have such a warm, caring and loving family...not to mention you all are amazingly creative and talented! Family is so important and I can tell you all are a close knit one and treasure one another. That is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to read your lovely post today. I was an only child and have always wanted a sister. You two are very blessed to have one another. lin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Heidi,

    That was so beautiful, I have tears running down my cheeks.

    So glad you guest blogged. I think Jenni may lose her spot.

    Just kidding.

    Big hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. O, Jenni,I mean, Heidi, your words are so beautiful! 1st of all, thank you, I had the tears running down my face. And secondly, you've got to be kidding! You are the ONE I should be writing about! ( but along with you and your kids, the writing talent is yours! My feelings are more kept in the heart!) Love you ! And even though I keep up or try to with Jenni's awesome blog, it was our cousin, Nancy, who lives in San Antonio that told me about this latest blog! I love you, sister! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully written, Aunt Heidi! Thank you for sharing this with us. Aunt Jan is truly a blessing to so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am lucky enough to call Heidi and jan my cousins. Although we rarely see each other they are always in my thoughts and Prayers. - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am able to echo Emily's words. I am lucky enough to call Heidi my bride. As always Heidi has an amazing way of bringing out and verbalizing what we all feel about Jan! Big Woody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing with all of us rather than just making a special card for Jan. You have a gift with words which is truly appreciated and admired by those of us who hold everything inside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting blog, thanks for this nice sharing...!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...