HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Little Fall in the Study and our Newest Joss and Main Curator's Collection

Today I thought I would share with your the fall decorations in our study but before I get to that I wanted to let you all know about our event launching tonight at 9PM EST.

We are so excited to have partnered with Joss and Main again, and are hosting our fourth curator's collection event tonight. It is so much fun working with them. If you don't already know about Joss and Main I highly recommend heading on over there and signing up! They offer all sorts of designer brands that go on sale at 20-50% off retail, but the deals are only available to members! I have bought some of my favorite pieces from them over the last year and a half: some smaller items like baskets, pillows, a lamp, and larger pieces like a dresser, and most recently our large clock and dining room chairs. (I don't know for certain yet if they were able to but they were going to try to have all of those items in the event tonight!)

If you’re not signed up yet to get the emails announcing all the sales, here is a personal invitation from me* . There is a waitlist for joining Joss & Main, but by joining through this invitation link, you can bypass the waitlist and ensure that you are first in line when our event launches later today!  It is free, you sign up with your email, and then you’ll have access to all of the designer decor that goes on sale each day.  *Note, I do receive a small referral fee if you sign up and purchase something, (this is true for you too, if you refer members you will also receive a credit for their first purchase).  



And here is our study decorated for fall. I actually did this at least a month or so ago but didn't get around to photographing it until Friday. I figured I'd better get it photographed soon, though, seeing how in a few more weeks I will be getting out the Christmas decorations - ahhh! As I mentioned the first time I showed this room, we haven't done all that much in this room seeing how it's the one space where we are considering keeping the dark trim. I did paint the walls a creamy color called Soft Chamois from Benjamin Moore (they were a light pinky peach color when we moved in) and I know I want to have something built above the mantle to cover the bookshelves but other than that I am not sure if we will do much else. All the pieces in here (including the fall decorations) we've had for 5-10 years except the lamps which are from HomeGoods and the draperies (the Ritva ones from IKEA) and some of the pillows. I will try to add a source section when I get it chance but I am typing this post as fast as I can. I don't normally work on my computer during the day when the girls are awake but I was so behind I had to try to type this post up and they are patiently waiting on me to bake some muffins. =)

You can find our harvest pillows which are on sale for just $9.95 here and our Thanksgiving chalkboard prints here.















And don't forget our Joss and Main that goes live in just an hour! (Tuesday, 9PM EST)






Have a blessed week!

18 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Can't wait to check out Joss and Main at 9pm. I just bought my bedroom rugs from there this past month. Love their site. Check them out everyday, always something new and great!! Love the study. it looks beautiful. have a great rest of the week!! Emily Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, warm space! Love all the touches of fall! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, warm, inviting room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cozy room...I love it!!
    Congrats on the Joss and Main feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the room decorated for Fall! It looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Such a warm and welcoming feel to it. I am off to check out Joss and Main!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightfully cozy and inviting room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed this room is still wood trim versus your beautifully painted white kitchen and living room. Where and how did you decide to start and stop painting the trim? I struggle with this in my own home and I'd love your advice! :) Maybe you'll transition to all white eventually??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed your study still has the wood trim, versus your beautifully painted white living room and kitchen. What is your advice on where to start and stop when painting and transitioning from wood to white trim? I struggle with this in my own home and would love your insight! :) Anyone else have advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I still haven't decided for sure whether or not we will leave the wood trim as is in this room or paint it like the rest of the house. The reason we are considering leaving it stained is that this room feel a bit separate from the house (although it really isn't - it's just more of a feeling) and the cozy feeling that the wood adds, works nicely with the fireplace and bookshelves and gives it a feeling of a study or library which we like.

      Delete
  10. Love that you kept some wood stained trim accents in this room. Cooozzzyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the touches of fall in your study. And you are so right, it won't be very long at all before it's time to put out the Christmas decor! I'll be interested in what you decide to do to cover up the bookshelves above your mantle. We have deep floor to ceiling built-in shelves that I'd like to have doors put on to use for storage but not sure what that would look like, maybe you can give me some inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful…can't wait to see what your master bedroom will look like this time around, can you give us any hints?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure yet what we are going to do in there. We are working on the guest bedrooms first. I am drawn to designs like these though and will be using them as inspiration:

      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203436108140296814/

      I am leaning towards a dark gray upholstered headboard and lighter walls but not positive on anything just yet.
      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203436108141260906/
      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/203436108141204479/

      you can see my whole pinterest board here:
      http://www.pinterest.com/dearlillie/bedroom/

      Delete
    2. Love the 3rd one down, thanks for your reply!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful. I don't know which room I like best. Your new home is lovely. You must be so excited. I can't wait to see the rest and the outside. Wish you were my decorator. Everything you do looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Normally I am all for white trim everywhere, but with all the light furniture, I am pleasantly surprised by the coziness of the wood tones. Once again, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looked at Joss and Main for the items you bought previously but couldn't find them. I really wanted that oversized clock. Hopefully they will have it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...