HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Little More Progress In our Hallway



Well, our hallway is just about complete. All I have left to do is add photos going up the stairs (which I still haven't decided exactly the look I want) and then it will be done. We added this narrow cabinet at the top of the stairs. It adds a little more storage to the space. And then I used this mirror that I kind of "borrowed" from my parent's a few years ago. It's been in our study above the fireplace but now that I've added a new piece of art in there (I'll have photos of that next week) it worked nicely moving it up here.


Sorry - this photo is super grainy but I was trying to give a feel for how the spaces flow.






And here's the downstairs hallway:


SOURCE LIST:
Wall Color - Moonshine in Matte Finish (BM)
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss Finish (BM)
Door Color - Mopboard Black in Semi-gloss Finish (BM)
Light Fixture - Mia from Pottery Barn (Flushmount upstairs and pendant downstairs)
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Clock - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA (a couple of years ago)
Runner - RugsUSA (can't remember what pattern it was, but when I get a chance will try to look it up and add it in later)
Painting - HomeGoods
Shelf - Target (I'm not the biggest fan of it and would not buy it again)
Frames - One on the left is from Target and the on one the right is from IKEA
Growth Chart - Dear Lillie 
Cabinet - HomeGoods
Mirror - Antique (was my great grandmother's)
Framed Vintage Sheet Music - gift from my mother-in-law
Vase - was a candle from Target that I cleaned out once it was finished and now use as a vase, the flowers in it were cut from our Butterfly Bush

I also wanted to re-introduce on of our sponsors, Amber, from Kylie Bryn Designs.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KylieBrynDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Kylie Bryn Designs is a lovely Etsy shop that carries all sorts of fun and colorful handmade jewelry. Amber sent some lovely items for the girls and I several months ago and not only were the items beautiful but the packaging was wonderful as well!  Head on over and check out some of their designs including this bracelet:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/182751052/flower-bracelet-flower-beaded-bracelet?ref=shop_home_active_6
and some of her lovely necklaces:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177150817/gold-bow-charm-necklace-sweet-and-simple?ref=shop_home_active_5

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

28 comments:

  1. I love it! So pretty and inviting! I'm working on our hallway right now too and hopefully will have a post up soon! There's something about hallways that I love, and yours is at the top of my list! Love all your lighting! Kathy@The Daily Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that cabinet is the perfect fit and creates a nice little "vignette" between the rooms - lovely!!! And more storage? Bonus! I do wish you could come and hang out with me in California so you could help me with a few "projects" around my house - haha!
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That narrow cabinet is adorable! Great idea for storage that doesn't need a lot of space. I'm planning to hang photos going up my stairs too but still haven't decided on the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cabinet! And, the stair runner is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so nice...love the colors. I'll have to check out the jewelry on the etsy shop you mentioned. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I can't find Kylie Brin Designs on etsy! And there's no link in your blog post. Help??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! Bryn is spelled with a "y" (I'm guessing that was the issue when searching on Etsy). Also there are six links to Amber's shop in the post as well as the button on the sidebar :)

      Delete
  7. I love the way you decorate your home, it's so clean and simple, as in 'not cluttered with lots of stuff', everything draws my eye in, love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hallway. Your home is gorgeous, and I thoroughly enjoy your blog! Could you comment on the dresser in your blog header with the three circles in a row.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is from soft surroundings. You can read all about it here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/soft-surroundings-dresser-and-one.html

      Delete
  9. Oh this house, just one thing more lovely than the next :) You have two of my favorite books there as well, My Antonia and Atonement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Would you mind sharing the titles of the books on the cabinet? Love your blog and style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! So fresh and inviting! Do you know what color stain you used for the floors? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We haven't done anything to the floors, so unfortunately I don't know what color was used when they were put down--sorry!

      Delete
  12. very nice decoration of your home ... Greetings from Turkey ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wood! The clock! The stair runner! Stunning and wanted badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, it looks great. :) I'm curious, though, as I've been looking at narrow cabinets like yours above, possibly for my entryway. Is it still quite useful being so narrow? What types of things do you have in yours? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wallpaper int he bathroom looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you have mentioned you are not thrilled with the rug (runner) down the steps- it is due to durability? Or pattern? What would you suggest in it's place. What you did with it is exceptionally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has held up really well, but I think I would choose a more natural rug like a sisal or jute.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your home! Our home has a very similar layout and lighting situation and I have tried a dozen grays, many of which turn purple in our poorly lit foyer and stairwell. Would you recommend Horizon or Moonshine to reduce the risk of crazy undertones in the evenings or in artificial lighting? I can stand green or blue to some extent, but purple makes me bonkers!

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Horizon looks very light blue in some lighting, and moonshine can look sort of greenish in some lighting, but moonshine is my absolute favorite light color!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for responding so quickly! I'm picking up a sample of moonshine today! I'm using your home as a beautiful guideline for ours 😊

      Delete
  19. I love it all! You have a lovely home! I just purchased the PB Mia flushmount and pendant for our new home. Could you tell me what size pendant you used? I worried I may have gotten it to small. We have 10' ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Jenni is pretty sure she went with the Medium. Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...