HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our Summer Kitchen and Family Room



Yesterday I posted about the new sideboard we made for the kitchen and thought today I would share more photos of it in the overall space as well as a few updated photos of the other side of this room. We spend most of our time in this room and love the open feel of it. You might notice that the drum shade flush mount that was in the kitchen is gone. I moved that to our master bedroom and then used this little light that I plan on hanging in our back hall as a temporary fix. We are planning on having recessed lighting added to the kitchen and living room this summer but until the electrician comes we at least needed some kind of light there.








You can see the rug better in some of these photos. As I mentioned before I liked the way the other rug looked in here much better! However, it was too small (although that was hard to tell in photos) which always drove me crazy. I really love how it looks up in our gray guest room which I think will be it's permanent home and this one is down here just until I can find the right one. Once I do, this one will move upstairs into our office/guest room.












































Source Info:

Cabinet and Trim Color- London Fog in Semi-Gloss by Benjamin Moore
Wall Color- was here but very similar to Simply White in Matte
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Hood - Custom Built
Farmhouse Sink - Signature Hardware
Faucet - Wayfair
Backsplash - purchased from McKenzie Restoration (but just basic white subway tile that can be purchased pretty much anywhere)
Counters - Honed Carrara Marble
Hardware - Lowes (not sure what the knobs were but just found the packaging from the cup pulls last night - they were marked Brainerd and the color is Wrought Iron)

Oversized Chalkboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
Sideboard - made by me, you can read more about it here
Counter Height Stools - Target
Bottle Holder - HomeGoods
Menu Chalkboard - Dear Lillie (for sale in our shop coming very soon!)
Schoolhouse Light - Lowe's
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here (originally from Bellacor)
Circular Mirror - gift from my sister, Dana (from Antique Farmhouse)
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Bowl on Sideboard - Wedding Gift
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn (wedding gifts)
Dishes - Mikasa
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - gift from my sister, Jamie (from L. A. Burdick)
Canisters - wedding gift - Williams-Sonoma
Vase on Stove - IKEA
Vase under Menu Chalkboard - Target
Vase under Oversized Chalkboard - Target
Moss Sphere - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Three-Tiered Display Piece with buckets - gift from my mom (from Mothology)
Vase next to wire basket - gift from my mother-in-law from Spring Mill in Indiana
Marble Rolling Pin and Board - gift from my mother-in-law (from Sur La Table)
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted in French Linen from Lady Butterbug
X Back Dining Chairs - IKEA
Slipcovered Dining Chairs - IKEA
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
Striped Roman Shade in Window above Sink - made by me, you can read more about it here.
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - gift from my mom (Restoration Hardware)
Rocking Horse - gift from my mom (from RH Baby and Child)
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)
Lamp on side table - Joss and Main
Side Table - Pottery Barn (years ago and has since been painted)
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn (also years ago and has since be made over - you can read more here)
Rug - HomeGoods
Basket on Coffee Table - Savvy in Williamsburg
Painted Bucket on Coffee Table - White Home Collection in Wilton, NH
Tall French Cabinet - Consignment shop (you can read about that makeover here)

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

31 comments:

  1. I love it! Your kitchen looks so much larger without the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer...luv your house and I enjoy coming back to your blog and checking out your pictures again and again. These past few years. You are very talented and your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of seeing pictures of your gorgeous home Jennifer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty, pretty kitchen. I love it;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are an amazing, talented decorator. I marvel at how you have turned this house into such a beautiful home. Boy, your girls are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GREAT, Jenn! You did a fabo job on your new sideboard, well done - it's perfect there and your styling is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done in here. I have a question: Are your cabinets a light grey or white? and.... are the knobs black or bronze? The sideboard is lovely. I like the sides of it a lot! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They are light gray, and the knob color was called wrought iron (see source list for more info).

      Delete
  8. I love your style and how you share your talents in the store. My favorite thing is how you so kindly share all the information on where things were purchased. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Kitchen .
    Thank you for inspiration
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I love everything about your space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an odd question, but, how do you clear your clippings of outdoor inhabitants (bugs) before you bring them in...? They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't really do anything special--just rinse them off in the sink and then quickly check for any noticeable bugs.

      Delete
  12. This is so GORGEOUS!! Lovin all the peeks inside your lovely home....so inspiring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is simply beautiful! Have a wonderful 4th! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. do you have a source for the stainless island pictured in the one year later reveal? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful blog! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your house! Thanks for the sources!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so gorgeous and I agree with the commenters above about your sweet and kind way of sharing all of your sources. I really appreciate that so much!!! I feel bad asking but I LOVE those little green bowls (soup bowls maybe) and don't see a brand/source for those. May I ask where you got them. I thought they might have been the chocolate cups you were referring to but a google search led me to believe that is not what they are. Thanks Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! And don't feel bad, Kim! They are from World Market.

      Delete
  18. I love all the pictures of your home. It looks beautiful! I love how neutral it is, so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Magnifique ! J'adore cette déco ! Je regarde et regarde tous les endroits ! Je m'y sentirais bien ! Bravo ! Josfany

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful and inspiring! What are your room dimensions with the entire space? It is funny I found this because it looks like we have a similar room size and arrangement and I had a very similar plan for furniture layout. I just need decorating guidance. I am curious how I will arrange my living area. I was thinking about a sectional as well but not sure if that would be best for our room. We are still in the fake wood paneling, dark, and old everything stage of buying a fixer-upper. We just had our baby girl and that is our first room we started and still not finished. I am photographing everything and can't wait to share my before and afters.... seriously, CAN'T.WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks so much better! Amazing what paint can do

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Your place is gorgeous! I love the color of your cabinets! Wondering about something, though. On this post, it says they're London Fog by BM, but on another post (with the same pictures), it says they're Winters Gate by BM. Can you help?? Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! The first year they were London Fog and then after that she painted them Winter Gates! Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  23. Hi! Your place is gorgeous! I love the color of your cabinets! Wondering about something, though. On this post, it says they're London Fog by BM, but on another post (with the same pictures), it says they're Winters Gate by BM. Can you help?? Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Could you share your approach to finishing interior of the cabinets including walls, bottoms, shelves and drawers if any.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...