HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Labor Day SALE and A Little Frame Makeover


I just wanted to pop in before Labor Day Weekend got into full swing to let you know we are having a big sale and to show you a quick project. Because I wanted to make sure our family room felt personal I wanted to add in lots of family photos. I put the chevron frames (I will probably eventually change those out for something a little bit nicer) above the sofa and then wanted to add some photos of Lillie and Lola on either side of the TV. I hunted through our stash of frames and couldn't find anything that worked so I decided to use some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from Karla who owns Lady Butterbug to transform a couple of frames into something that would look better. I had two black ones that I liked the size of so decided to work with those.
 

The first thing I did was paint the frame in Paris Grey. I can't believe how nicely it coated the frame!

Then I rubbed some of the Dark Wax over the whole frame and ended up with kind of a rustic weathered wood look! 

I am so much happier now how these look. They blend much more nicely than the black frames did!





I had so much fun with the paint that I went ahead and painted my dining room chandelier! I'll show you that next week! Now I am dying to find a piece of furniture to paint with it. I highly recommend heading on over to Lady Butterbug and checking out all of the amazing Annie Sloan products that Karla carries! She is so wonderful about answering any questions you may have and even offers workshops.

And don't worry - I know you are probably sick of seeing the family room. Next week along with showing you the chandelier makeover in the dining room, I will be showing you Lillie and Lola's room and our kitchen island. And then after that the full kitchen! I finally photographed it and now I'm tackling all of that trim in our entryway and powder room.

I hope you all have a fabulous Labor Day Weekend!



16 comments:

  1. Wow...your family room looks so amazing!!! In love!

    ~Stephanie @loveolympiajune

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every room I've seen so far in your new home is absolutely lovely! Your style is so soothing and serene, yet inviting and warm. I've started my own blog after years of "creeping" on others and I am currently studying your photography skills so I can improve... so, basically what I'm saying is, "You rock!" Thank you so much for your continuing inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never, ever sick of seeing any part of your home! The frames look great! I love the fall touches you've added, and while I loved the mirror over your fireplace, the painting is gorgeous too. The more I see this room, the more I vote for leaving the brick around your fireplace as is. It adds a warmth to the room, and is beautiful brick (not like the 70s or 80s brick you see on a lot of fireplaces).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. I would have never thought to do that and it turned out great! Such a beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying watching you decorate and make your new home your own Jennifer. Looking forward tot he next installment.
    Happy Holiday weekend.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenni your blog is the first one I check every day - it is so much fun watching all of the progress on your new house! Thanks for all the inspiration (and chalk art prints - I hope to order one soon for my daughter's room! Hmmm, I think I need one for Thanksgiving, too..Oh, and some birthday cards..: )
    xo
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn-0 never ever get sick of seeing any room you share with us!

    GREAT job on the frames - you are so right- they fit in much nicer.

    Can't WAIT to see your chandy now!

    Have a wonderful long holiday weekend.

    I shared my living room in full for the first time, hope you get a moment to come take a look.

    Hug those sweet baby girls for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer you have such wonderful taste. You can co-ordinate and accentuate and every other 'ate!! Painting the picture frames made that whole wall so pretty! I've been reading your blog for a little over a year. I love your design style! You are sooo talented!! This is the first time I've have commented but I never fail to check your blog each day. Your home is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats really cool how the frames came out. I really like what you have done so far with the house. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have used ASCP on 12 pieces of furniture...I would not use anything else....French Linen is my favorite next to Duck egg...lovely job on your frames as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer, everything you do looks beautiful. Your new home is absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering where you got the 3-tier basket on the table. It looks so pretty with the flowers and mugs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! I got it from a little shop in Peterborough, NH called Collections at Laurel and Grove. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  12. I am seriously amazed at how much you have already accomplished and you haven't been in your home very long! you go GIRL!! We have just hit the year mark of being in our home and I am FINALLY feeling like it is starting to come together and yet I feel like I have so much still to do! Does it ever really end though?? I don't think so! Can't wait to see the girls room and kitchen.

    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect color. Great job! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice job on the frames. Love the use of the wax to give it a rustic wood look. I'll have to remember that trick.

    Jason Franich
    JM Painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...