HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, August 2, 2013

My Parent's Dining Room


Whew! It's been another busy week. I can't believe it's already August. On Monday the girls and I started our drive home from New Hampshire. We drove to New York to spend time with Dana in the "big city" as Lillie and Lola called it. We had lots of fun taking them places like the American Girl Store, Rockefeller Center and Central Park and then spent the night and following morning with Dana and then continued on our way back home and finally got back late Tuesday.  On Wednesday we got right back to work on the million and one projects we have to do at our new house. Our hood was installed so we painted it, we changed out some light fixtures and painted the den and then our new stove arrived yesterday afternoon - that turned out to be quite the project! It didn't quite fit so I ended up having to cut through the Corian which was not an easy task. We finally got it in last night around eight and made some brownies to make sure it worked. =) I've got a few more things to do in the kitchen and den and then I should be able to get them photographed to share on here. I am hoping to get started on Lillie and Lola's room either tomorrow or Saturday.  Between our house and Jason's house I am getting pretty sick of painting. I have to say though, it's so much fun seeing how it can transform a room so it does make it worth it! And because of that I will keep plugging away...

Although I haven't taken any new photos of our house yet I do have lots of things to share from our trip to New Hampshire. Last week I showed you my parent's guest bedroom and now today I am going to show you their dining room.

Just like the guest bedroom my mom did pretty much everything in here herself. The wall color is Revere Pewter which they used throughout the open area of their home (the kitchen, breakfast nook, family room, dining room and the hallway). It looks gorgeous! My parents recently switched out their dining room set for this one that was my grandfather's (my mom's dad who passed away last fall).  Along with having more room for all of us when we visit it is a nice sentimental reminder of my Gramp to see every day.

The chandelier is from Pottery Barn, draperies are from IKEA and my mom made the placemats.

The clock, scale and mirror are antique shop finds.




This sampler has been in our family for generations and was done by one of our ancestors.


I've always loved these sketches of the town my mom's family has lived in for centuries.



I also thought I would let you know that we have started listing our seasonal cutouts. We now have the Ivory Maple Leaf Silhouettes available.We had fun the last two years filling them out with things we were thankful for and making a Thankful Tree.

 



And I also wanted to introduce our newest sponsor:


 Nationally renowned interior designer, Jamie Herzlinger, revolutionizes the purchase of luxury furnishings from any "to the trade" manufacturer, with her online buying service JAMIESHOP.COM
All the furnishings, wallpaper, lighting, fabrics, rugs and home accessories seen in magazines, such as Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, Traditional Home and House Beautiful, are now available for purchase at up to 50% off retail.

Here are a few of the rooms Jamie has designed. Aren't they gorgeous? 


 I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!






27 comments:

  1. Wow, Jennifer ! I am exhausted just reading your post, lol. Your parents dining room is a beautiful mix of new and family vintage! Love love the personal touches! Have a great weekend and hopefully you can get a much needed break! (At least you don't have our 100+ temperatures!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parent's dining room is lovely. The Revere Pewter looks great with the contrasting wood and all the white!. Can't wait to see more of your home soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity and yet warmth that your parents dining room has. It's very inviting, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are traveling all over the place! I love your parents' dining room and all the beautiful touches. Our kitchen table is very similar to theirs and it's fun to see it in a different setting!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a pleasure to enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your parent's dining room is lovely, and how special to have your grandfather's table to gather around. I've been doing a lot of research on my family recently, and it turns out many of my relatives are from New Hampshire! I wonder if we are related? ;)

    Can't wait to see the changes you've made at home, and have a great weekend.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Kat! And who knows, maybe we are related! =) I hope you are doing well and have a beautiful summer!

      Delete
  7. Your mom did a great job, I especially love the dining set and that gorgeous mirror! Your schedule sounds exhausting, but I can't wait to see more of your beautiful new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am coveting the family sampler! I did buy one in Keene when we were there for your wedding. However, all my purchased "old" ones can't match one from the ancestors. Love that your mom has it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a busy you!! All the traveling, the moving..
    Luv the dining room and all the family pieces.
    Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend to you and yours.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a lovely dining room! Very calm and beautiful. I love the sketches of the town your mother's family has lived in - is it really Walpole? They really capture the beauty of a classic New England Main Street. Such a wonderful town - i discovered it several years ago, and am just finishing building a house nearby! I've just found your blog and i love your voice and gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the buffet in the dining room. Looks beautiful with the walls. Did you paint it? If so, what color did you use? thanks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I did paint it. You can see the post here with the details: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/90s-hutch-makeover.html

      Delete
  12. Love it!! What is the name of the curtains from IKEA? I'm doing my bedroom and would love those. What a great job; you are a whirlwind! Where is your new house? Is it near your mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are the Ritva panels. No, I wish it were nearer to my family. My parent's live in New Hampshire and I live in Virginia.

      Delete
  13. Your parents have a beautiful dining room. I loved the antique pieces.
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    www.basicallybrandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, her rooms are gorgeous, and so is your parents house. I love the sampler, isn't it cool that it has been passed down and kept in the family. The Revere Pewter on the walls is really nice too. Everyone in your family knows how to decorate, it's amazing! Love the thankful tree too. That was always one of my favorite of your projects...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this dining room and the chairs are amazing! are they maple or oak? suzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzi! I am not sure. I will try to remember to ask my mom.

      Delete
  16. Amiga: tienes un blog muy hermoso!!...todo es maravilloso!!!...
    cariños desde Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I would love to know the name of the IKEA curtains, too, please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your parents dining room is so inviting, I love the table against the wood floor....beautiful. Your mother has done a wonderful job decorating her home. You get so much done in such a short amount of time for the work you are doing,you inspire me to get working on projects that I have put off for too long....if only I had half of your energy. Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for showing the sampler with more up to date decor, I used to decorate prim and have a lot of samplers I have made, now I know I can at least put one out with my electic decor! Beautiful diningroom too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jennifer your parents dining room is beautiful!! Love the table and chairs and LOVE LOVE that mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the dining room! What a talented family! What dishes does your mom have? They look similar to mine. Thanks for sharing.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved the Walpole,NH prints. My husband grew up just across the river and we have spent lots of time with friends in Walpole!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...