HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Jason's Home Office/Guest Room



Yikes! I am behind on lots of pictures. I still haven't shared these photos from my brother Jason's house. There was one room in this house that was a little bit tricky to figure out exactly how to make it function. He wanted to have a space for a really simple, basic home office (the main Dear Lillie office is separate) and although it didn't need to function as a true guest room it did need to have a mattress in here for guests (mainly me - haha!) He also didn't want to spend very much so we tried to be keep it simple and just kind of clean it up and make it seem a little more put together.

The first thing we did was remove the saloon doors (much to the girls' dismay) and the shelves. Once that was done we started painting. This was the neopolitan room because the walls were pink, white and tan. It looked just like a scoop of neopolitan ice cream. We painted the trim and doors with the same paint we had on hand from the rest of the house. Then we used Kendall Charcoal for the walls. We painted our master bedroom in our townhouse that color almost 6 years ago and it's still one of my favorite colors.

We found some inexpensive roman shades at Home Depot for the windows and painted his childhood desk (I'd still like to change out the knobs but have yet to convince him that's a necessary expense). My mom got a new rug for her guest room (I can't wait to photograph it next time I am up there. I didn't have time to during my last trip but it is beautiful!) and so we borrowed this one from her. We were hoping it would be perfect, but I'm not sure it looks or works quite like I thought it would so I am not sure we are going to keep it in here or not. And then we made this sign for above the bed with one of my favorite Robert Frost quotes and made the shelves. And then pretty much just used some accessories we already had and purchased a few to fill in some of the empty spaces and that was about it! It was a relatively quick and inexpensive makeover which was nice!















Source List:

Wall Color: Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color: Simply White by Benjamin Moore
Desk: Has been Jason's since he was little, pretty sure it was passed on down from another family member, painted Revere Pewter (just because we had extra of that) and the knobs were spray painted.
Rug: Target
Roman Shades: Home Depot
Clock: Joss and Main
Chair: Target
Organization Caddy on Desk: HomeGoods
Metal Mail Organizer on Wall: HomeGoods
Pitcher on Desk:HomeGoods
Quilt on Bed: Have had for years and years. Would like to eventually replaced with something a little more masculine
Pillows on Daybed:
        Pom Pom Standard Shams: Ballard Design
        Striped Pillows: Target
        Solid Gray Squares and White Lumbar: HomeGoods
Robert Frost Sign: coming soon to Dear Lillie  (here)
Framed Basketball Pictures: passed down from our dad
Shelves: We made them. You can read more about them and find a link to a tutorial here.
Items on Shelves:
       Black and White Striped Binders: Target
       Little Clock: TJMaxx
       Wire Basket: Target
       Metal Box: HomeGoods
       Magazine Holders: Target
       Little white vase: Ikea
       Basket - HomeGoods
       Poufs - Target

I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!


43 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! We have an itty bitty room we want as a guest room and an office and this is a super idea! Love the open shelving and the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I love the rug in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved everything you have done with this house! I love the mix of natural wood with the gray and white as well. You make it all seem so effortless :) JEALOUS haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you for this wonderful inspiration for an office/guest room! You have THE BEST ideas and I love that you always include a source list. I can't tell you how many times I refer to your blog for sources, inspiration and color combinations, as well as your fabulous art.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome transformation. just curious....do you use latex paint for wood trim or the Ben Moore
    waterborne/oil called Advance or oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We used Aura in Semi Gloss and have been very happy with it. We ended up going with the Advance for our cabinets, as it has a slightly harder finish (it requires note coats though).

      Delete
  6. Thanks for posting your colours & sources! I was looking for the colour of your doors.. I may have missed it. Are they black or a darker charcoal? Room looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara! We used the color Wrought Iron by Benjamin Moore.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I love it! Thank U my muse:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the changes, especially the rich gray color. Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the rug. It looks soft and cozy and brings some warmth to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goog Lord, what a difference! I love that Kendall Gray color too. It just feels clean, and it's relaxing. Plus so pretty with the whites and browns.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color specially. So peaceful. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What type of paint sheen did you use for Kendall Charcoal? I'm trying to decide between Flatt or Eggshell. HELP :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What type of paint sheen did you use for Kendall Charcoal? I'm trying to decide between flat or eggshell. HELP :) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tiffany! We go with eggshell finish for walls.

      Delete
  14. The room is beautiful. Love the rustic shelves. What did you use for the metal attachments under the wooden shelves? Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! You can read the tutorial about the shelves here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/some-progress-in-office-at-jasons-and.html

      Delete
  15. Where did you find the 2 ottomans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tona! The two poofs below the shelves are from Target.

      Delete
  16. Hi Jennifer, did you paint the doors also and witch color is it? I like them but im not sure is it black or dark grey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We painted them Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore.

      Delete
  17. What was the stain color you put on the shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Ok!! So all natur-allll!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are the doors painted in Weought Iron or Mopboard Black

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you have any specific details about the shade color? And brand? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They were from Home Depot, but neither of us could remember the brand or color--sorry!

      Delete
  21. Hi There,

    Just stumbled upon your blog and really loving your style. Wondering where you purchased the day bed? And does it have a trundle?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Lindsey! I can't remember where we purchased it, but it is just a metal frame underneath that we have had forever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning, can I ask where the rug is from? Gorgeous reno

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the room, my son wants his room to be gray with black accents. I'm going to show him this room. thanks for giving us the names of the colors.

    I am working on my kitchen and it has metal cabinets and I want to paint them do you have a suggestion on what would be the best paint to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shauna! Unfortunately we have never painted on metal before, so we don't know what would be best, but I'm guessing you would need some sort of special primer.

      -Jason

      Delete
  25. O wow, perfect colour scheme, I love it so much, ive been looking for ages now for the perfect colours to make my office thats so perfect, one question what colour is the roof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gerald! The ceiling was that color when I moved it, so we have no idea what the color was--sorry!

      -Jason

      Delete
  26. What type of finish do you use for the doors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We used Wrought Iron in a semi-gloss finish.

      -Jason

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...