HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Mirrors for the Bathroom



We finally found mirrors for our upstairs bathroom. I had been on the hunt for what seemed like forever and was thrilled to come across these ones from Wayfair. They perfectly matched the faucets and were narrow enough but still nice and tall. They were just what I had in my head. I love how they look and the girls were quite excited that they could actually see themselves while brushing their teeth! (We had temporarily put a mirror from our last house in here so at least our guests could do their makeup and stuff like that but because of the shape of it when they girls were brushing their teeth they actually couldn't see in the other mirror at all). The best part was they arrived when I was in the middle of my dining room building projects and it was so nice to be able to go upstairs and hang them. It took me five minutes to get them up and was a treat getting to have the instant gratification! I still need to add some simple artwork above the toilet to help break the wallpaper up a bit and add a light fixture above the vanity but other than that this room is basically finished - yay!








This was unintentional (in fact I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out on Instagram) but now every time I go into this bathroom I smile at how it looks like this bird is kind of perched on top of the mirror. 

Source List:

Trim Color - Simply White by BM in Semi-Gloss
Door Color - Mopboard Black by BM in Semi-Gloss
Wallpaper - Wallpaper Direct - Songbird Dove
Vanity - Haynes Furniture (floor model clearance - almost 80% off retail price)
Faucets - Overstock.com
Tile flooring that looks like wood - purchased through Brunk Tile in Newport News, VA
Tile in Bathtub - purchased through Brunk Tile in Newport News, VA
Toilet - Lowe's 
Tub - purchased through contractor
Tub faucet and showerhead - purchased through contractor
Shower Curtain - Bed Bath and Beyond 
Bath Mat - Bed Bath and Beyond
Mirror - Wayfair Kichler Wall Mirror
Roman Shade - Lowe's
Soap - HomeGoods
Soap dish - Target  
Vase - gift from Spring Mill, IN
Purple Flowers - from a butterfly bush in our yard
Contractor - Ryan - Bathroom's Made Easy 

And you can read a little more about the bathroom makeover here. 

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
 * Mirrors were provided by Wayfair.com. All opinions are my own.

20 comments:

  1. This bathroom is so attractive and simple, yet speaks of good quality. You did a really good job. Karen in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have been following your wonderfull blog for quite some time, and I simply love the home decor you share.
    This bathroom is amazing and I just love the wallpaper. But I have a doubt though, doesn't the wallpaper get affected by the steam from the shower? I mean, won't it peel off the wall?
    I would really love to do this, but I'm just unsure about this.
    Have a wonderfull day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Honestly I think it just depends on how well it is applied. There was wallpaper already in the bathroom when we moved in (that I'm pretty sure was original to the house), and it wasn't peeling anywhere--so that's a good sign.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your reply. I think it's actually worth to try because the result is just amazing.
      Thanks once again :)

      Delete
  3. Jenn, your bathroom turned out gorgeous (as well as the rest of your house)! I've been following you from when you lived in the townhouse and loved it as well....i'm going to be re-doing our hall/guest bathroom this fall (hopefully) and plan on doing it similiar to yours.

    Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEeeeeeeeeeek! Those are PERFECT!!!!!
    Is it weird to get that excited?? I just totally KNOW that feeling of finding exactly what you see in your mind's eye...and no tweaking needed, they are a perfect match. Great find, Jennifer!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The wallpaper is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer! The mirrors are perfect. I've done some research on your beautiful vanity (which I will be purchasing) and found out the manufacturer name is James Martin Savannah collection in driftwood grey. Just in case anyone else is interested.
    Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom is gorgeous. It's classy and elegant. I love it!! Those mirrors are perfect Jennifer. We just started our master bathroom reno today. It's a mess but a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. LOVE. Your. Bathroom! What a beautiful makeover. I mean everything! We built 18 years ago and now it's time to update. You are an inspiration! I'm pinning this, even though the colors aren't right for our paticular home, I just love beautiful things! You have impeccable taste in decorating. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mirrors are perfection. What a lovely bathroom. We have been considering tile that looks like wood for the floors in our walk out basement, and your choice is just what we've been looking for. Your blog is always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous bathroom! I love the wallpaper and the mirrors are perfect!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how this turned out! The wallpaper is beautiful and mirrors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bathroom is gorgeous! I really love the Wallpaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mirrors couldn't be any more perfect, they look like they were made for the space!
    Ok, and i'm not stalking your blog... just catching up on posts ;)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those mirrors are absolutely gorgeous! I definitely agree with one commenter who said that it's as if they are made for that wall, and for that bathroom. I also love the wallpaper, which is very chic and classy. Thank you so much for sharing the final look of your bathroom! Wishing everyone all the best!

    Lynne Hollaran @ Suburban Glass

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely! I am thinking about getting this wallpaper, do you still love it? Or would you choose something different if you had it to do again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess technically if we did it again I would get something new because I love mixing things up! But I can definitely highly recommend this. We love how it pulls all the colors in the other rooms upstairs together--grays, blacks, blues, and whites--and we love the pattern!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...