HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Potato Soup - Holiday Progressive Dinner


We are excited to be participating in a Christmas Progressive Dinner today! The first stop was over at Sarah's (Our Vintage Farmhouse) for a delicious Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread and next up we have some Baked Potato Soup here in our dining room:


Here is list of all the courses that are on the menu and part of this dinner:



Don't they all just look so delicious!?!?!?


Baked Potato Soup has been my favorite soup far this fall and winter so I thought it would be fitting to serve it here. We found our recipe online. It's a Betty Crocker Loaded Potato Soup and it's delicious! I am not a fan of ham though so I don't add any of that to my soup. And the day I was taking photos for this post was shortly before we moved so I was a little low on some of my ingredients. I didn't have quite enough cheddar cheese or green onions left for the garnish at the end so just made do with some parmesan cheese. It was still tasty but I definitely prefer adding the cheddar at the end (so make sure you have enough before you start, unless you are in the middle of a move and then you can hope people will give you a pass -ha!)












It's a little bittersweet because these are the last photos of our old house! I will probably do a before and after round-up of all the rooms at some point but they will be using all pictures from previous posts. This is the last official post sharing photos that we hadn't shared before. The next time I share our dining room it will be our new one. I got it painted last week and am waiting on the chandelier to arrive and then I will get it photographed. 




Source List:

Wall Color - Dove White by Benjamin Moore in Eggshell Finish
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper (below chair rail) - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA (they are no longer in business but exact one can be found HERE)
Farmhouse Table - I made it using this plan from Ana White's site. Stained with Rustoleum's Weathered Gray and Minwax's Provincial
Wingback Chairs - Birch Lane
Tufted Bench - HomeGoods
Side Chairs - Joss and Main 
Wreath Pillows- HomeGoods
Trophy Urn - The Arrows Nest 
Ornaments - Mix collected over the years from HomeGoods, Target, and Hobby Lobby
Sideboard - Found at an antique shop in SC almost ten years ago, recently painted the same Mopboard Black as the doors
Tall White Beaded Trees - HomeGoods
Mirror - Savvy years ago 
Draperies - Ikea Aina panels in gray
Curtain Rods - Lowe's 
Blinds - Lowe's (have since been discontinued)
Clock - Savvy Home and Garden about 5 years ago
Wrapping Paper - HomeGoods
Ribbon - Michael's 
Little ornaments - Sugar Paper for Target
Soup Bowls - AllModern
Gold Plates - HomeGoods
White Beaded Dishes - Milford Square Dishes from Birch Lane
Gold Plated Flatware - Wilmington Flatware from Birch Lane 
Hobnail Detailed Water Goblets - O'Keefe Water Goblets from Birch Lane  
Small Wood and Marble Cakestand - Russo Cake Stand from Birch Lane 
Two black and white prints - gift
Wreaths, paperwhites and greenery - Savvy Home and Garden several years ago (they are now closed) 
Stocking - HomeGoods
Merry and Bright Plates - HomeGoods
Gold Chargers - HomeGoods
Gold Pheasants - Family antiques
Gold Ornaments near cake - HomeGoods
White milk glass cake stand - HomeGoods

Now be sure to head on over for the main course at Kelley Nan's! Isn't her dining room amazing? I can't wait to see her delicious entree! 


And make sure you don't miss any of the other stops:

  • Appetizer- Our Vintage Farmhouse
  • Soup- Dear Lillie
  • EntrĂ©e- Kelley Nan
  • Dessert- Randi Garrett Design
  • After Dinner Drinks- Driven by Decor


  • Have a beautiful rest of your Tuesday! 


    SaveSave

    7 comments:

    1. Jenni this is all so beautiful! I love the white and green with little pops of gold. I too am a huge fan of potato soup and can't wait to try your recipe! I'm so excited to see your new house! I can only imagine how charming you will make it! Have a Merry Christmas!!! xo

      ReplyDelete
    2. This couldn't be more stunning! I'm so impressed that you knocked this out with everything that you have going on. I can't wait to see your new house - good luck getting settled in and enjoy the holidays!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is incredibly stunning and the potato soup looks scrumptious!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Jenni, I have never made potato soup. I am definitely going to try yours- I know you are so busy this time of year but I can't wait to see your new home and what's to come!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Absolutely love your decorating style and thank you for sharing! We just found your blog through Benjamin Moore on Twitter, so glad too!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi Jenni! I was trying to figure out where to find the blinds you have in this room. I know you got them at lowes and they've since been discontinued... but could you share a similar product? I like the color and look of yours a lot! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi, Lauren! I asked Jenni and she said that while Lowe's has discontinued that exact style they do still offer very similar ones in stores. Hopes this helps!

        -Jason

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...