HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Our Master Bedroom with Some Updates



One of the first rooms I painted when we moved into our home back in November was our master bedroom. I went with White Dove which wasn't a very exciting color choice but I liked the idea that it would allow me to mix things up a little bit color-wise in here because at the time I was undecided what directly I wanted to go. When we moved in I pretty much put all of the brown items from the den/study in our last house in here and I really liked how it looked overall but I didn't like how it flowed with the master bathroom which has lots of marble and gray and white tones. It was nice though having a space that felt put together though. Once we got a bit more settled though and I started working on the bonus room I ended up moving all of the brown stuff into that room (we haven't shared it yet because I still have some more projects I want to finish up in there but you can see a few little peeks on our @dearlilliedaily instagram account). Once I did that I moved some of our navy and cream pillows and throws up here and added a couple more that I found at Target and I like how that flows with our master bathroom. I just painted the walls in there a very dark navyish black color. I am hoping to hang the light fixture in there tomorrow and then take photos of that later this week so hopefully will have those to share soon. So overall I feel like our master bedroom and bathroom now have a much more cohesive look plus I like how it flows from the upstairs hallway (there is a picture of that a few images down in this post).




I love this navy and cream rug we found at HomeGoods. When we found the correct size rug for our living room we moved it up here to see how it would look up here. Unfortunately due to the fact that the rug itself weighs a ton and so does the bed we got it rather awkwardly stuck underneath and that's how it's staying until we have time to remove the mattresses and flip the bed up to get the rug underneath better, which seeing how that's something I can't do on my own it may be a while before it gets done. I layered our cowhide rug over on one side of it to help balance it a little bit. So basically what I am saying is don't judge to harshly on the rug placement - ha!


I took most of these photos a couple of weeks ago and things have already changed a little bit in here, the large mirror is now downstairs in my office and there's a piece of artwork there now. And the "creepy lady" (I actually like her a lot but I think I am the only one) has found a different spot now and there's a wedding photo of ours up there now (I took a few photos of that and they are sprinkled in the post). The trunk is at the end of our bed for now and will stay there until I find the right sized bench which has turned out to be little bit trickier than I thought it would be.


Here's one of our wedding photos that has replaced the painting of the lady. 


And here is the look from the hallway into our room:



You can see a little bit of our master bathroom through that doorway:















Master Bedroom Source List:

Wall Color - White Dove by Benjamin Moore in Eggshell
Trim - Existing but will eventually be painted with Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss
Doors - Existing but will be painted Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss
Nightstands - Joss and Main
Lamps - HomeGoods (similar ones here) 
Navy and Cream Rug - HomeGoods (similar here and here
Tall Wood Dresser - Joss and Main five or six years ago 
Dog Bookends - Birch Lane
Chair - Local Furniture Outlet on Clearance several years ago
Pillow in Chair - Target
Throw in Chair - HomeGoods (similar here)
Bed - Ballard Designs - fabric 10 oz linen natural
Cable Knit Euro Shams - Soft Surroundings in White 
Large Navy and Cream Pillows - HomeGoods (similar here and here)
Midnight Colored Velvet Pillow - HomeGoods (similar here
White Coverlet - IKEA
Duvet Insert - Target
Throw on Bed - HomeGoods
Gold Clutch - MooRoo 10-12 years ago
Scarf - Joyfolie
Watch - Michael's  
Frame - Gift years and years ago
Trophy Urns - The Arrows Nest (similar ones can be found here and here)
Jewelry Box - Vintage Gift
Mirrored Chest - Haynes Furniture 7 or so years ago (can be found here)
Mirror above Chest - Restoration Hardware ten years ago
Candlestick Holders - Balsam Hill several years ago
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Target 
Trunk - antique shop twelve years ago 
Cream Pillow on Trunk - Joss and Main years ago
Mini Pom pom pillow on trunk - Target

We hope you have a wonderful Monday! 

8 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty. I love the blue rug in there. Can't wait to see the bathroom. I also like the view of the hallway looking into the bedroom. Glad you moved the "creepy lady" as you call her (lol). She kind of spookes me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your tips for hanging your Ritva panels? I just bought them for my master. My window size and room layout are very similar to yours. My curtains just don't look as nice as yours do and I can't figure out what I did wrong! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Renee! Jenni slides hers through the back tabs (vs through the long pole opening).

      Hope this helps!

      -Jason

      Delete
  3. Exquisite! So a beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always LOVE your tall wood dresser when you've posted. Do you happen to know exactly what it's called or who it's by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Jenni checked and unfortunately it doesn't have any visible brand markings that she can see. She's had it for many years now and doesn't know the name!

      -Jason

      Delete
  5. It's challengin taking items from one house and making them work in another. Some work instantly, however over time and with a lot of patience and moving things around it comes together. You have great taste, I love all your homes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...