HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

An Update on our Move

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We had a lovely weekend here at home. We spent most of the weekend outdoors with the girls but when we were inside we finally started packing - ahhh! I can't believe we really are moving. We put our house on the market last month and were very excited and grateful to get an offer shortly after and have it under contract a little over a week later. We are through the inspection and appraisal and are now starting to pack! We will officially be moving the last week of June.

We also have found a house. We found a home in a neighborhood that we absolutely love and cannot wait to move! The girls are as excited as we are. We have loved our townhome and have so many memories here, but  we are really looking forward to having a yard again! I think that is what we are most excited about. I am not going to share any pictures of the new house until we have closed on it (we do have it under contract and are through the inspection). It is two-story brick home with a back porch and a yard for the girls to play in. We are absolutely in love with it, but it does need lots of updating (old wallpaper, mustard/gold colored toilets and tubs, dark trim in every single room, etc.) so we will have lots and lots of fun blog posts ahead as we slowly tackle each room! 

So, if you can bear with me for another month, I will still be posting but probably not as much (although you've probably already noticed that this past month) but after we move in I am going to have a gazillion projects to share!

Even though I don't feel comfortable sharing any photos of the new house until it is officially ours,  I thought I would at least show you these two photos I took in the yard. My favorite flowers, peonies, were in the front. I cannot wait for next May when I can enjoy them! (Sorry - I haven't brought my real camera over to the new house yet so these are just quick cell phone shots).

 And here is a shot of Lillie and Lola under a tree in the front yard that they informed me was going to be there little "secret hideout".
Now we are just praying for everything to go smoothly with both the closing on our old house and then our new house!

34 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are in the process of moving as well and it's been a long road but we know it's all worth it. Our house sold quickly as well so we had to find a house quick. We're actually on the last of our 3 week stay with my brother and his family because we needed some extra time before we could close on our new house. But like you we are SO excited about the new house. We'll be in a single family home (we were in a twin previously) and we'll also have a nice yard for the kids to play in so that alone has us excited. We have lots of thoughts/plans for this house as well and it will be fun to see it all take shape. Best of luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, I'm a new reader and wanted to wish you the very best as you prepare for the big move. We recently moved into a house in need of a little love, too-- it's a lot of work but so worth it! =) Bethany @ 3sonsplus1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I feel the excitement the girls (and you) must be feeling in knowing you will get a backyard. Cannot wait to see how you transform it. Best of luck on a smooth closing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see all the new posts! I have enjoyed seeing what you have done with the old place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jennifer! I am so happy for your entire family! Looking forward to all of the projects. It will be fun to watch the house as it becomes your home! Enjoy the process and when it seems that you are overwhelmed...go to the girls "secret hideout" and exhale!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck and congratulations on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on selling your house so quickly and finding a new home that you love! I am so happy for you and your family! I am excited for me because it is going to be so fun getting to see you put your new home together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Jennifer! I hope your move goes smoothly, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for all of us! Also? The girls' pink Crocs are adorable! :)
    Kaille

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so exciting for you! I know once you get your hands on it, it will be amazing! That yard is a dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great that you were able to sell your house so quickly. That's always a blessing. Can't wait to see the future posts on your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Jenni!!! So excited for you - can't wait to follow along with the updates/projects!!!
    xo
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck and lovely wishes, Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new home. Wishing it becomes place of many lovely and happy memories. Looking forward to all your amazing projects! I can't resist... we told you so!! We knew your beautiful townhouse would sell quick!
    So happy for you all!! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting, and congratulations! I can't wait to see you work your magic on your new home!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying for you, too!

    So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting that it's all coming together so quickly. I will be praying it all wraps up soon too! Peonies are one of my favorite flowers so I'm thrilled to see them in your new yard! How lovely!! Can't wait to see all the before & after projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful that everything is working out so quickly for you! And how great that your girls are excited too! I can't wait to see pics and follow along as you update - don't forget the before pics - your stuff will look like it belongs in magazines when you get done and they like to have before pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats...love the girls' "secret hideout"...I am sure the house is meant to be yours...and look forward to the many beautiful projects you will be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our home was in similar condition--you absolutely must get a wallpaper steamer. They are about 70 dollars at Lowes and they are worth every single penny. Good luck! I can't wait to see your before and afters!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! So exciting! And I love the girls "secret hideout!" Can't wait to see how you transform your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting!!.... I hope it all goes smoothy for you!...Can't wait to see the new house!...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Jennifer! I'll bet you are sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best wishes for a smooth closing process! Pink peonies would pretty much sell me on any house- they are my favorite too. Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations!! I am so excited to see all the incredible projects that are to come!! Nothing like a new house to get your mind racing about all the possibilities! good luck I hope everything goes smoothly for the closing and the move!! I am sure we will all be patiently waiting for some new house projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So so happy and excited for you. I can't wait to see it all and all of your updating. The peek of the yard looks beautiful. Love peonies. I don't think I have seen them in Florida. The girls must be ecstatic about having a yard. Maybe a dog or kitty in the future? Wishing you every blessing in all your plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really want a dog (especially Lola!) but that is not in our plans for anytime in the near future...=)

      Delete
  27. that's wonderful. congratulations! hopefully everything on both ends will go as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have adorable children. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so excited for you guys, and I can't wait to see all the posts that are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations. Praying everything goes well for you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. how wonderful, perfect way to spend the summer, the girls are adorable in their hideout!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on the new house! We are in a similar predicament- we are just waiting for Carrier hvac to finish up some work before we move into the new place. Best of luck with your move, I can't wait to check back and read about how it panned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...