HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Our January Kitchen and Family Room


Because I am not quite ready to take photos yet in the rooms I am working on upstairs, last week I went ahead and took photos of how the rooms looks downstairs now that the Christmas decor is all put away. It always seems a bit sparce at first but it also feels nice to have a clean slate. I am thinking about adding some pops of color in here soon but for now here is what it looks like. Ignore the color of the pizza paddle hanging on the wall. I had just purchased it the day before I took these pictures and hung it on the wall to see if I liked it there. I ended up staining it a few hours after I took these pictures and it looks much better now. I also hung our wire chandelier from our old house above the kitchen table the day after I took these pictures so I will try to take a few more soon. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but it has grown on me and I think I will end up keeping it there until it comes time to figure out what I'm doing out of the porch which is where I plan on it eventually going.









If you are new here, here's a little shot at what this space looked like when we moved in this summer:





I moved the bench into the dining room back before Christmas and although I like it in there, I think I will eventually move it back into the kitchen under the chalkboard because I kind of miss it in here. 


 


SOURCE LIST:

Fireplace, Cabinet and Trim Color: London Fog in Semi-Gloss
Wall Color: was here when we moved but very similar to Simply White in Matte
Flush Mount Drum Shade Fixture - Lowe's (Think it was called the Valencia Flush Mount)
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here
Circular Mirror - Antique Farmhouse (from my sister, Dana)
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me 
Metal Island Cart - IKEA
Three-Tiered Wire Basket - Collections at Laurel and Grove in Peterborough, NH
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L. A. Burdick (from my sister, Jamie)
Canisters - Williams-Sonoma
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie, made by my mom
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted with AS Chalk Paint in French Linen
All Dining Chairs - IKEA
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse - RH Baby and Child
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)
Lamp on side table - Joss and Main
Side Table - Pottery Barn (years ago and has since been painted)
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn (also years ago and has since be made over - you can read more here)
Rug - Rugs USA, Satara Edison Nickel Rug (I got the 7'6" by 9'6" but wish I had gone up at least one size larger!)
Runner - Home Decorator's Collection
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's 
Basket on Coffee Table - Savvy in Williamsburg
Tall French Cabinet - consignment shop (you can read about that makeover here
Paperwhites and wreath on cabinet - Savvy in Williamsburg

Have a fabulous week!





38 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much work y'all have done on that house. You sure are fast workers! Everything is absolutely beautiful and I love that rug in front of the kitchen sink. I always look forward to your inspiring posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You house is beautiful. I always love seeing your excellent photos. Your kids are adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The change from when you moved in is amazing! Your home is always so light, bright and inviting. Love it all!

    Have a great week!
    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Love your kitchen and family room!! I have the same kitchen table from pier one as you. How long ago did you paint your table? Has it held up well? Did you wax it too? Mine is the original black, and looks terrible!!! I was thinking of getting a new table, but yours looks so good! Did you get new chairs, or did you paint the ones you had? I bought mine with my table, but they have a slightly different pattern on the back. Not sure if I am up for a time consuming job of painting chairs!!! Thanks so much-love your blog! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I painted it first about 5 years ago and then did it again about a year and a half ago. I haven't waxed it yet, but may at some point. The chairs came from IKEA as they are now.

      Delete
  5. Sorry if you already mentioned this, but I was wondering what color you rkitchen cabinets are painted? We have an almost identical kitchen/dinette/family room layout, but with orange kitchen cabinets. I would love to paint them similar to yours. Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are London Fog by Benjamin Moore. You can find more info about them here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/how-i-painted-kitchen-cabinets-two.html

      Delete
  6. I agree the spaces always seems sparse after holiday decor. I'm with you on starting from a new fresh pallet. Always seems like I never put decor back exactly like I had it {before} Christmas Decor. I'm in the process of a living room overhaul I totally get you. Love your spaces. !!! With Love,
    www.quaintsanction26.blogspot.com
    -Paige.Rose-

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks awesome! Love how it is so peaceful and calming. Thanks for sharing, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had your sense of space! I am taking notes on everything you have done since you moved. We have a difficult space. Even the kitchen designer just threw her hands up and didn't offer us any suggestions! But dimensionally, your rooms seem similar to ours, so thank you for sharing. I am hoping to come up with a great plan for *someday*. Your creativity gives me some hope. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful transformations for both rooms! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so beautiful! So peaceful! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just thought you had it covered on the source list (do appreciate this list!).
    Tell me about the silver container in the kitchen holding the apples?????????????
    Also, the two white fabric chairs in the den.
    Keep it coming, enjoy your blog. alderson@udel.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The container holding the apples was a wedding wedding gift (I'm not sure where it was from). The chairs are from a store called Savvy in Williamsburg, VA.

      Delete
  12. I love your chalkboard and your handwriting is just so charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same kitchen layout (mind differs on the opposite wall though. When we replaced our outdated 60's countertops I had the workers add an extension to the counter so we could add 3 bar stools underneath. That decision was one of the best we made in the kitchen remodel because it allows the kids to sit up there and I can easily give them a quick snack instead of always having to go sit at the kitchen table. I didn't research your previous kitchen posts so I'm not sure if you did replace the counter and just didn't think of adding an extension. Also, do you guys plan on adding a more permanent island with hidden outlets that can conceal the microwave (and gain back precious corner counter space)? Where do you keep you keep the trash can?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have addressed the counters in several other kitchen posts so didn't bother to in this one. The counters are very old Corian and we plan on replacing them. When we do we will be adding quite a bit of depth to the peninsula so that we can add stools for the girls. I am pretty sure I even already know what stools I want to get. =) No, we don't plan on adding a permanent island. We would like to eventually add some outlets to the pantry and put the microwave in there. However, we moved here from a townhouse and have about four times more counter space in this kitchen than we had in our last one so we aren't too worried about the little bit of counter space lost right now with the microwave on it. I'm just not a big fan of how it looks so I would prefer to have it hidden in the pantry. My parent's have theirs in their island and I LOVE that. I just don't think adding a permanent island would work with the flow of our kitchen but i wish it would. We have a trash can under the sink and another larger one in our laundry room which is directly off the kitchen.

      Delete
  14. Your house is so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs from Portugal, Manuela (cemmanias.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the updates but I am waiting patiently on an update of Jason's kitchen island! Did you get the butcher block yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! We haven't done too much at Jason's lately. I haven't been up in NH for a little while, so no major changes yet!

      Delete
  16. How is the rug turning out? I want to buy the exact one but am hesitant with it being such a great price. I too have two little ones and just wanted to know how it was going so far?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE it, Lindsey! It shed quite a bit for the first month (which is normal for wool rugs), but after that it hasn't been a problem at all.

      Delete
  17. Hope this isn't a repeat question. Love the Mora clock. Can you let us know where you bought it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your house looks gorgeous as always! I agree, it is nice to have all the Christmas decor cleaned up and put away - kind of gives a refreshing feeling. I noticed the amaryllis plants in the family room have about 3 bulbs in each pot. Do you add in new bulbs throughout the weeks to keep new blooms coming? If so, about how far apart do you time it? They are beautiful and flowers always brighten up a room - especially in the dreary months of January and February! Thanks, Jen! Hugs to Lillie and Lola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! The amaryllis are actually fake. They are from a store called Savvy in Williamsburg, VA.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I never would have guessed - they look so real! Beautiful!

      Delete
  19. Love this! Can you tell me about the rug in the kitchen? I didn't see it on the source list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! It is from Home Decorator's Collection (it is called a "Runner" in the source list).

      Delete
  20. Love this!! The white and green are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been over here in so long... and i see some cool changes! I love the little cupboard with the chevron print you've added to the living room! I just can't believe how pretty everything looks and how it's all come together. I'm still lusting your striped roman shade, still love the bench, but i like it under the chalkboard best too... and the rugs are amazing... The rooms look just beautiful!! Thanks for the detailed source list too!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love everything about this! The white and grey motif is gorgeous! We recently did something similar to our living room but added in some light blue too! I bought these beautiful throw pillows from Uptown Simple- http://www.uptownsimple.com/honeycomb-embellished-pillow/ & kinda used them as an inspiration for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is decorated so beautifully, such an inspiration! I love your kitchen and didn't see the window dressing in the source post (kitchen)...where can I find something similar? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can read more about the valence I made here: http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/our-faux-roman-shade.html

      Delete
  24. Love everything you did. I'm curious as to your ceiling height in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Maria! The ceilings are 8' tall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...