HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, August 11, 2014

My Parent's Living Room


I have shared a few other rooms from my parent's new house in the past and today thought I would share their living room (there are links to their other rooms at the end of this post as well as a full source list for this room). Although I would like to,  I can't take any credit for this room. Literally the only thing I did in here before taking photos was add some fresh branches to the urn on the piano. 

I love what my mom did in this room. It feels cozy, yet still updated and fresh too!  The chandelier and the whole fireplace wall are my favorite things about this room. To me the fireplace is so elegant and simple and I absolutely love the built-ins filled with books. Both of my parents, as well as my siblings (well, except Jason) are avid readers so they have a pretty extensive book collection. Most of their books are stored in other bookshelves but it is nice for them to be able to keep some of them here in this room. The clock that my mom ordered from Amy from Maison Decor was a recent addition to the room and I love how it looks. 

Another thing I love about this room are the addition of special pieces. The artwork above the piano and on the wall at the bottom of the staircase, as well as the one on the mantel were pieces passed down from family. The book and the coffee table is also another special family treasure and sprinkled among the books on the bookshelf are meaningful family photos and accent pieces.














Source List:

Wall Color - Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore HC-170
Trim Color - Custom mixed to match the windows (similar to Simply White)
Rug - Pottery Barn
Coffee Table - White Home Market in Wilton, NH (my mom painted it Ballet White)
Chairs - Ballard Design
Chandelier - Ballard Design
Sofa - Pottery Barn
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Vase on Mantel - Target 
Topiaries - Ballard Design
Little Birds on Mantel - White Home Market in Wilton, NH
Small Painting on Mantel - Passed Down from a Family Member
Piano - Passed Down from a Family Member
Artwork of Girl above Piano - Passed Down from a Family Member
Medium Frame above Piano - Target
Small Frame on top of Piano - Michael's
Urn on top of Piano - Pier 1 (With fresh cut branches from yard)
Clock - Maison Decor
Long Black and White Vintage Artwork - Passed Down from a Family Member
Pillows - made by my mom
Bucket in front of Fireplace - Penelope's (consignment shop)

You can see some of the other rooms from my parent's house in these posts (you can click on the image and it will bring you to a post with lots more photos and details about the space):

Here is their kitchen:
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-parents-kitchen.html

And their breakfast nook:
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-parents-breakfast-nook.html

and their lovely guest room:
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-parents-guest-bedroom.html

And lastly their dining room:
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-parents-dining-room.html

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! 

25 comments:

  1. Great style and taste obviously runs in the family - love this space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spaces...pleasant to see no one is shy about their shades of gray...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the similarity in décor with your homes. Both stunning. Beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I really like so many things in that room. The symmetry, the beautiful chairs, and the little girl above the piano just to name a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming spaces run in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, looks great. So, how long do you think it will be when she'll paint her piano black?

    : - )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, as Kris said above, style and taste runs in your family! Such a beautiful, inviting home!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom's home is beautiful! I love those Ballard chairs and the overall welcoming but traditional decorating style she has. We were so happy to paint a clock for her, and it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this room - especially the built-in bookcases! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is beautiful and the rooms are all comfortable and inviting. I love the greenery accents that are used. Can you give me some ideas on how to achieve this? It all looks so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We often just go clip fresh branches from our yard. It's a nice (and free) way to bring the outdoors in!

      Delete
  11. All the talent in your family is unbelievable. Her home is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is just beautiful - as are the other rooms in your parent's home. Do you know which size topiary she got? I have been looking for ones for my mantel and might have to copy these!

    Thanks,Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I'm not sure on the size, but they are a little smaller than two feet tall.

      Delete
  13. I absolutely LOVE their style and their home. Do you happen to know what brand and name of the paint is? I've been searching for a nice neutral gray color for my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! You can find the paint in the source list!

      Delete
  14. very pretty!!! Did your mom buy the sofa from Pottery Barn or is it a slipcover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She bought the sofa at Pottery Barn.

      Delete
    2. Do you happen to know what color/fabric the sofa is? I am looking for something similar. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Hi! We're pretty sure that color was Gunmetal Green and we're not positive about the fabric, but it might be rubbed cotton.

      Delete
    4. Thank you! Such a beautiful room!

      Delete
  15. very clean... and i like your cabinet. its elegant

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...