HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Decorate a Wall for $1.99


First, I want to apologize for the horrible photos in the post. By the time I got over to Jamie's last night it was dusk so it was nearly impossible to get any good shots. We tried to shine one of the industrial worklamps they have there in the room but it really just ended up casting some weird shadows.  Also, I think this project would be better suited for a nursery but as Jamie is trying to save up her money to finish off accessorizing the main rooms downstairs we thought it would be a nice temporary fix to her guest bedroom. We used paint she already had (Benjamin Moore's Alexadria Beige) to paint the branch and then used one roll of crepe paper (for $1.99) to make the flowers.  You can view our crepe paper flower tutorial here.

I had intended on making this post a tutorial but decided not to because the photos didn't come out as planned.  Basically what I did was draw the branch in pencil on the wall and then outlined it with paint.  Then I filled in the rest of the branch, adding a few nobs and bumps to make it look a bit more natural.  Lastly, we attached the crepe flowers to the ends of most of the branches with puddy.  We are thinking about going back and adding some flowers along a few of the branches and possibly throwing in a couple of smaller blooms.  This would be a quick, easy, and incredibly cheap way to add a whimsical touch to a nursery or little girl's room.






Hope you all have a great fourth of July weekend!

27 comments:

  1. Wow that is adorable!! What a wonderful idea!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And I don't know what you're talking about...the photos turned out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Are the flowers easily taken off and does it leave a little something on wall when taken off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...just when I think I do something cute...you come along and do it too...but WAY better! haha. I LOVE it! I did a full tree in my daughter's nursery and I now I want to take down my small (not the big ones) white and pink flowers and replace them with these! As always, thanks for the inspiration. :)http://tomseth.blogspot.com/2011/04/tv-debut.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now. I just keep doing other things. Thanks for the inspiration. It is now on my to do list for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really sweet. I think it would be great for a playroom too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seriously need to stop with all the fabulous ideas! My to-do list can't take any more :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this!! We're getting our nursery ready and will definately add this to the decor. Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, that looks great and if you think these photos are terrible what on earth do you think of ours. Yours always look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! So clean, crisp and refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is so charming! I agree, it would be great in a nursery, but I think it is adorable in her guest room too! how lucky she is to have such a talented sister come to visit;)

    xojoan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog from Cindy's Fractured Fairytale. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful feast for the eyes! I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit here. I just got sucked in and had no power to leave!!! I think I have a new addition to my blogroll!!! Have a wonderful 4th!!
    xo,
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. this room is gorgeous!!!

    What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, you outdid yourself. We send every mother we know to your blog and we just salivate at its beauty.

    You have such a stylish blog. Stop by and check out our latest post, and our list of seven at the end. (It involves you).

    xoxoxo Patti & Paula @ ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this and REALLY love the bonne nuit pillow! Do you have an Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  16. We do, Vicki! We have been closed because of the new baby, but will be reopening our shop September 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  17. d.a.r.l.i.n.g. so sweet. so calming. so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, gorgeous!! What a great way to spice up a room! Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! I linked to this on my blog: http://www.valleyparent.com/pursuingperfection/?p=1074

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you use stencil? If so, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What color did you use for the blue wall?

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my sister's house, but I believe she used Pebble Beach by Benjamin Moore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...