First, let me warn you that this is the first of several tutorials involving Jane Austen that you will see in the coming weeks. Second, this project is so much easier than you would think. Until this past year I have always avoided projects that involved interfacing because I thought they sounded way too difficult and confusing. Well, a few months ago when I was working on something for Lorelei's nursery I decided to finally give it a try and realized how easy it was. I can't believe it took me so long to attempt it!
To view all of our tutorials, please visit our new tutorials page!
Here is one of the finished pillows:
Now here is how to make it:
1). Purchase some iron on adhesive
2) Find the fabric you want to use.
3) Now follow the directions on your interfacing and iron the fabric to the interfacing
until they are fused together.
4) Next trace your silhouette or whatever design you would like onto the paper side of the interfacing.
(To get your silhouette you can either print a design out from your computer onto cardstock and then cut it out or use a silhouette machine to cut it).
5) Here are the traced out images.
6) Now cut out the images.
7) Flip them over to the fabric side to make sure you are happy with them.
8) Now just peal off the paper off the back of the interfacing.
9) Press into onto the front of a blank pillow cover.
10) Iron it on
11) Now stuff your pillow form in and there you have it!
If you want one but don't feel like making it we will be selling 18" by 18" screenprinted versions of this pillow (both facing left and facing right) when we reopen September 1st.
I also want to say a quick Happy Birthday to my youngest sister, Jamie! She is 25. We are having a little party for her this weekend and have been working on some fun projects for it. I will have photos of that along with some more tutorials next week. Anyway, here she is with the girls and they are all wearing Evy's Tree hoodies. We will be giving away one of their beautiful items here on our blog on Wednesday so be sure to check back and enter!