HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Some Simple and Inexpensive Autumn Touches


Next week I plan on showing you the progress we've made in our dining room that includes our new chandelier and our beadboard wallpaper. I am really excited with how the dining room is coming together. I've also made a good bit of progress in the entryway but I am not as thrilled with how that's coming together. I still have to add the final coat of paint to both the trim and the walls and then do some accessorizing and also hopefully change out the light fixture. Then once that is done it's on to the powder room and then I will start making my way upstairs! Seeing how I won't have the dining room ready to share on here until next week, I thought I would at least share a quick post with some of the autumn touches we've added in our kitchen/family room.

With an entire house to update I'd rather be putting money towards more permanent changes (light fixtures, rugs, furniture, wallpaper, etc.) so I didn't want to spend much on adding some fall touches to the house. I stuck with three Cinderella pumpkins from Lowe's that were $6 each and then just went out and cut some branches from one of the Japanese Maples in our yard. Even though the leaves haven't really changed color yet they still help add an "autumny" feel and they were free! And the white pumpkins are all faux ones that I have had for about five years.

I ordered these new chairs from Joss and Main using a bunch of store credit I had earned there which was nice! I purchased them for the dining room but used them in here for about two weeks until I got a little more done in the dining room and then I just finally moved them into the dining room a couple of days ago. I liked how they looked in here but I like them even better in the dining room! I'll write a little more about them when I do my dining room post next week.


Many of you asked about the microwave and toaster in our kitchen post. We actually had a little overlap where we didn't have a microwave but now that we do it is sitting to the right of the stove. Eventually we hope to find a little spot to place it in one of the lower cabinets but for now it's fine where it is. And we actually went without a toaster for over a year - haha! Ours broke at least a year ago and we never replaced it. After settling in here we finally went ahead and got one and it is tucked away to the right of the microwave. If you look closely you can probably spot it.














For a source list please click here or here.

Have a blessed weekend!

32 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jennifer. Luv the maple leaves. I did some crepe myrtle berries as a part of mine this year. Keeping it neutral .
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple. subtle touches are sometimes the best...your home looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you do is simple, yet elegant and beautiful! I love your blog, I've been following for a few years now. It's so exciting to see all the changes your making in your new home ( very inspiring ) Lori Swearingen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The maple leaves are the perfect touch with the pumpkins. Your home is so lovely and I am blown away by how much you have already done! You must not sleep much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so beautiful Jennifer! The transformation is just unreal. Thank you for sourcing everything for us! Did you mention where the kitchen rug is from? I love it and have to have it :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Yes it was in the kitchen reveal post and also can be found under the "Our Home" tab up top. It is from Home Decorators Collection. My mom got it for her ktichen but it was a bit too bold so she gave it to me and I LOVE it!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I will look for it. You don't happen to remember the name of it? Or should I just search for houndstooth rugs?

      Delete
    3. I don't, but I do know they still sell it so it should be pretty easy to find.

      Delete
  6. Simply gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The green foilage makes the kitchen looks very earthy. Great idea.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is just beautiful! I love the greenery brought inside! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything you have done to your new house. The kitchen looks great! Maybe just missing a little of the warmer colors you used in your old house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, Jennifer, WHEN can you come over to my house???
    It is so much fun watching your beautiful home come together!!
    Thanks - and have a fun project-filled weekend! (Those are the best kind of weekends!: )
    xo
    Leah: )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all that you are doing to this house. I went back through your archives and had so much fun catching up with your move. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have to tell you..."You have such beautiful, serene, calming colors and styles." I love what you do with your house :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are stuck renting again after a very sudden work move (read= too many people in too small of a space :/ )... Your home is beautiful and everything I want in our someday home to be. Your blog has become my little escape from the house that is not mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im very impressed with all that you have done in such a short period of time. It is leaving me awestruck. I do not know why you had to leave your other beautiful home but your Christ like character shows through for you accept this challenge in a positive way and with a good outlook. You do not constantly run down this house compared to another. You are simply turning this gem into a beautiful home. I forgot about fall! Your touches are plenty. Nicely presented! ~ Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful! Styled so well and very inspiring - must get some "Fall" out in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your fall touches! And still very much in love with how your home is turning out...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! You make me want to paint my entire house white! I am obsessed with the metal basket and the tiered basket. Would you mind sharing where you found them? I always enjoy seeing your room transformations. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! They are from Joss and Main. (For future reference there are links to two different source lists with all the details at the bottom of this post.)

      Delete
  18. Hi Jennifer! I LOVE your new home and all the chalkboards!! I know you said that you freehand all the lettering but I'm curious to know if you use traditional chalk or chalk pens and how do you get everything so neat and clean looking?
    Thanks so much and can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use both, Lisa, depending on the chalkboard. I use chalk pens when I am designing something for our shop and regular chalk when it's just something for my family!

      Delete
    2. Either way your lettering is gorgeous! Thanks again!!!

      Delete
  19. looks fabulous as always, absolutley love your style.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...