HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Everly's First Birthday Party


Back in March, my niece, Everly Penniman, celebrated her first birthday. My sister, Jamie, created the most beautiful party for her. She went with a "Penny Candy Store" theme. I have to say the awnings she made were incredible! They were not very easy to make though, and I am pretty sure she almost gave up on them but I am so glad she was able to pull them off because I think they absolutely made the biggest statement and loved how they turned out. Lillie and Lola loved the set-up. I wish I had recorded Lola's reaction to "the most beautiful party room ever" as she kept referring to it.

Jamie made all the decorations herself so she only had to purchase the flowers, candy and a few other things like cups, plates and straws. 

And here's a shot of the birthday girl, herself taken by Jason's girlfriend, Brie:
 


These cute little bottles were from Michael's and the straws were from Target. 

These are little baby food jars with painted tops. (I will leave out the little story that involves the purple paint spilling all over Jamie's car, my parent's mudroom and Jason's kitchen - how a little can of purple paint could legitimately spill in that many places could only make sense if you actually knew Jamie - haha) 

She made some fun little games for the party including this tic-tac-toe one. She used purple chalkboard paint on just a regular square piece of wood and then with some help from Brie, painted on the lines using a white paint pen.  Then we just used regular chalk to play.

This was the only thing I helped with. (I don't love how it turned out but that was all we had available for colors and I had to do it pretty quickly - I am pretty sure little Evie didn't mind though) =)

Jamie got these cute jars at HomeGoods when she was down here visiting earlier this year.

And these jars below were from Target (and the other ones were all leftover from Jamie and Josh's wedding several years ago):


Jamie got this stand (and the buckets too) a couple of years ago at a little shop in Peterborough, NH and we've all been envious of it ever since. If she ever gets sick of it I am next in line for it. =)


Jamie repainted an old checkerboard she had in the party's colors. She took step by step photos of that and she'll do a tutorial for that soon. It turned out so cute! I think I might make one for Lillie and Lola's playroom.

She bought a bunch of these folding chairs at IKEA a couple of years ago and they came in quite handy for the party!

Brie helped Jamie with these by painting the one cent on some jars with a glue gun and then once it was dry they painted over the whole thing.



I thought this was such a fabulous idea Jamie did in the three windows that didn't have the awnings. It was so colorful and fun but also sweet and sentimental. I loved seeing all the different photos of Everly over the past year. She'll have a tutorial for that coming soon too!











Didn't Jamie do a fabulous job? Everly is one lucky little munchkin! You can see some of Everly's nursery here, her baby photos here and here and her baby shower photos here and here and Jamie's maternity photos here).

I hope you all have a fabulous week ahead!

30 comments:

  1. Jamie did do a fabulous job! The birthday girl is adorable and I love the awnings.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's one spectacular party. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious party! Love all the sweet details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so gifted with style (and beautiful children!)! What a lovely party! Have a great week!


    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous party!! I love the wall color too! Did they repaint? The color looks lighter than previous pictures. Do you know the paint color? (I've been searching for the perfect gray for my dining room, and I love the look of this!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! They did! They used Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about the beautiful wicker chair? Where did she find that? I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was a gift from our Great Uncle Bob a few years back. It was Jamie's favorite item in his home when she was little.

      Delete
  8. That is one cute party! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG all of this is just so precious and so creative!! She did an amazing job on everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen - this is so beautiful! Just want to let you know that I did a search for that 3-tiered stand months ago, the first time I saw it on your blog...and i found it and the pots on mothology.com, so you don't have to wait for Jamie to get sick of it! (ha - she never will): http://www.mothology.com/3-tier-round-display/. Just wanted to help you out, since you always give me such great inspiration for my own home. i look forward to your posts so much! cheers! eileen in NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Eileen! That is it, thank you so much! I think I know what I will be asking for my next birthday :)

      Delete
    2. Yay! I ordered it months ago and love it! It was much bigger than I imagined though ;) eileen

      Delete
  11. This whole idea and the decorations are adorable. Love the color combinations. I really like her table and chairs too.your family is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much talent for decor, creativity and style in your family. But the star of your shows are the beautiful children--Everly is so precious...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and beautiful - the baby and the decor! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would also love to know the wall color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore. We have used it in a few different rooms and love it!

      Delete
  15. It just shows you how much you can do with a little creativity. Simply beautiful ! Love your ideas and how you carried them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. impressed with the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW! I am CERTAIN no one can throw a party like you or your fam! This is so gorgeous & fun! I just can't get enough of your blog :) Please come throw me a party sometime haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so cute! This room is beautiful! Now I want to see the rest of her house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wanted to mention that Save-on-Crafts carries a weathered wood tiered stand similar to your sister's. While I don't think theirs is quite as great as the Mothology version, it is much more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am thinking of ordering a tufted headboard from Target in the charcoal color. Since you have seen the material in person from your brother's dining room chairs, I wanted to know if the color looks black to you. The sample material they sent me looks really dark. I am redoing our master bedroom and the walls will be a medium/light gray and I have the same 2 tufted chairs you have in your family room for our bay window. Thanking you in advance for your thoughts! Love everything you have done with your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I wouldn't say that the chairs are black, but they definitely are a very dark gray.

      Delete
  21. Those pink striped awnings are the cutest idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...