HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jason's Living Room



Whoops - sorry! This post was supposed to be yesterday but I had a little glitch. Anyway, here it is. The living room at Jason's house isn't as far along as the kitchen and dining room, but we have made a bit of progress in there. Jason painted the walls last fall (with help from our parents) in Galveston Gray by Benjamin Moore. Then Jamie painted the trim in Simply White and the backsides of the doors in Wrought Iron (I had painted the other side last summer). Jamie and Josh ended up getting a sectional for their family room so they passed their IKEA Ektorp sofa on down to him for a small fee. We did go ahead and buy a fresh new slipcover for it but haven't bothered to put it on yet. We figured we would wait until the room was a little bit closer to being finished. We bought some chairs on Joss & Main using some of our store credit which was nice. Because they are gray and tufted we will be moving the ottoman to another room seeing how it looks a little funny with so much gray tufting all together. We are on the hunt for a more masculine coffee table. I've found a few that I think would work nicely in here but I may just end up making one. We'll see. We found these pillows at White Home Market in Wilton, NH which is a little sale they have once a month across the street from a place called White Home Collection.






We used Revere Pewter for the bricks on the fireplace. That side of the room is still quite a work in progress so I didn't really take any shots of that. Hopefully I will be able to my next visit.

We didn't have time to get the draperies hung in here before I took the photos, but Jason has since gotten them hung which helps make the back wall not look so bare. And the ship (which I LOVE) is sitting on old dresser from my grandfather's house. I love the lines of it but it needs some cleaning up. That will hopefully be one of my projects during my next trip.




Source List:

Wall Color - Galveston Gray by BM in a matte finish
Trim - Simply White by BM in a semi-gloss finish
Doors - Wrought Iron by BM in semi-gloss
Bricks - Revere Pewter by BM in matte finish
Sofa - IKEA Ektorp
Chairs - Joss and Main
Rug - Pottery Barn
Ottoman - we made it, you can find the tutorial here
Lamps - Target
Pillows - White Home Collection
Ship - Joss and Main

And that is really about it for the living room for now. If you missed it last week, we posted lots of photos of the kitchen and dining room!
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/jasons-kitchen-and-dining-room.html

I also wanted to re-introduce on of our sponsors, Amber, from Kylie Bryn Designs.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/KylieBrynDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Kylie Bryn Designs is a lovely Etsy shop that carries all sorts of fun and colorful handmade jewelry. Amber sent some lovely items for the girls and I several months ago and not only were the items beautiful but the packaging was wonderful as well!  Head on over and check out some of their designs including this bracelet:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/182751052/flower-bracelet-flower-beaded-bracelet?ref=shop_home_active_6

and these earrings:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/178698245/round-hammered-disc-earrings-raw-brass?ref=shop_home_active_2

29 comments:

  1. The room already looks so inviting. I love the colors and the way everything flows so well from room to room. He must be so happy with the progress!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.... I found your blog, quite by accident, EONS ago. And I've sort of been silently stalking it since then... but don't worry! I'm a perfectly harmless blog stalker, because I'm too worn out from the 13 year old and the 2 year old boys to ever think about donning dark glasses and a trenchcoat and becoming a wicked blog stalker! So this is my first comment, in all that time, but I just had to tell you that your talent in a room is AH-MAZING!! I have watched your new house take shape... and I'm watching this house take shape... and all I can think is that I would LOVE to invite you over to MY house for a cup of coffee. And when we finished our coffee, I would want you to push your dining room chair back and say, "Um... would you mind if I just redecorated YOUR house? I would love to start by throwing these Walmart pillows from your sofa into the garbage, because DO YOU KNOW TWO OF THEM ARE FRAYED ON ONE SIDE AND LOSING THEIR STUFFING GUTS?" And I would, of course, say, "Yes! Please!" I would give you full decorating license in our house, because YOUR style is exactly MY style. Only Jesus didn't give me the spiritual gift of being able to decorate a room. Anyway, I love spying on your blog and seeing all the gray walls -- sweet mercy! The gray walls are stunning! And your chalkboard art makes me happy, and honestly? I think I'm gonna have to buy one some day soon! Have a merry Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply adore these grays, specifically Revere Pewter. I love your decorating! Question...how do you think the Revere and Galveston flow together? Is it nice? I'm thinking of doing my main living area (kitchen, family room) in Revere and then a darker gray in the dining room and living room because I think it's more formal.

    Just looking for ideas that would flow with Revere and be darker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, we love the way they flow together!

      Delete
  4. What a great sister!!! Looks comfy {and clean for a bachelor pad! :) }!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I think the Durham from Ballard designs would look great in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will Jason be doing one of his inimitable posts on the remodeling process at his place? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Everything looks so great. Those standing lights are Target? Gorgeous. Also love the brick painted grey. I'm thinking of doing this in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are soooo danged lucky to have a brother who embraces your decorating style and colors. My brother is the epitome of the dratted "bachelor pad"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those pillows and love this room altogether! He is a lucky guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It looks amazing. Love it all, the chairs, the wall color, and those pillows are great!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all are blessed to have one another. It truly shows your love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "Jason inspired" decor. Its the perfect balance of savvy and masculine. Couldnt love it more. We used revere pewter in my home last year and I love the look of navy with it. Thanks for the great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you do just blows me away. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your style!! And love that boat! I have been looking for something just like that for my mantle (we live on a lake) and have been unsuccessful! Wish I could find it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your style. I really appreciate that you share in your post "the ingredients" of the room and then at the end of post sum everything up,for us. My question is how do the floor lamps look from the street side

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, everything looks so amazing! I absolutely love everything that all of you have done. I was just at Pottery Barn the other day and saw a really great coffee table that you may want to look at. It has a gray weathered parquet top and iron legs…nice and masculine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jason's living room looks fantastic…the grey is gorgeous and lovely and bright…xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shocking changes, of course in a positive way:) Everything looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its looks fantastic as usual. I do have a question. What new sectonal did Jamie get for her living area? Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are leaning towards a white Ektorp sofa from IKEA...i am guessing it will be a good choice? I love the look & price

    ReplyDelete
  21. We r leaning toward a white Ektorp sofa for our new house? Have u been pleased with how it's held up and comfort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katie! I don't think he cares about or notices things like that too much, but it seems comfortable to me and appears to have held up well.

      Delete
  22. Hi! I just found your blog via Pinterest and have been enjoying all your pictures and posts. In this one I nearly fell over when you mentioned White Home Collections in Wilton - I live very close and love that store! What a small world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks great!
    I feel like it's an extension of your house. how does Jason feel out the design esthetic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! He doesn't seem to care too much one way or the other haha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...