HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas (Jason's December Post)

If you're wondering why you haven't heard much from me lately, the answer, as you may have already guessed, has something to do with Jenni's unwillingness to share the creative spotlight. After routinely nixing my numerous project and tutorial suggestions and then posting them as her own, there comes a point when it just gets old. Yarn trees? Chalkboards? Tufted Ottomans? ...All my brainchildren.

Okay, honestly, I had to check our sidebar and scan recent posts to come up with those three topics (seriously, what the heck is a tufted ottoman?), but still I'm sure there have been plenty of other occasions where I had a promising blog-related thought stolen by our pseudo-leader. Where I finally had to draw the line in the proverbial sand of her authority, of course, was with my now-annual Christmas card picture. I would not be letting her shoot down another fantastic idea.

After our family's 2007 Christmas card was deemed inappropriate by a fraction of the people who received it (Jenni still won't give me permission to post it here...), our mother decided to put the awkward photo fest on the shelf. Given that Jenni seems to lack any semblance of a sense of humor, I knew her cards wouldn't pull their own weight in the comedy department. That's why last year I decided to revive an old family tradition with this card. However, what soon surprised me was how few people realized that Lola was photoshopped in. At the time she couldn't even sit on the ground, let alone a metal beam.

That got me thinking that this year's photo should capture a more true-to-life moment in the world of Dear Lillie. I wanted something that not only featured all of our real decision makers, but also depicted a typical day at the office. So without further ado, Merry Christmas from the Dear Lillie team...




24 comments:

  1. One of the best Christmas cards I've ever seen!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We need to hear from you more often! Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're keeping those girls on their toes. Tell them to get the pillows out a little faster! Thanks for another post Jason. I always enjoy my morning laugh when you decide to show up. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. This is just precious! You rock, Jason (and I have a pretty daughter about your age here in Vermont....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are one of the cutest families ever!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. che bella famiglia. complimenti. Buon Natale a voi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Team Dear Lillie ROCKS!!! Jason I had a feeling you were the true brains behind the operation. LoL! ;)
    Happy Weekend! Mine is thanks to YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Jason! This is so adorable! I love your humor, holidays must be a hoot with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, slave drivers! But, a talented couple of cuties. Glad you let us in on the "TRUE" talent behind Dear Lillie, lol. Which, of coarse, is you (Jason), Lillie and Lola Ü

    Jennifer, you are a real trooper to let Jason hijack your blog occasionally Ÿ I really enjoy his posts.

    May you all have a very Blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now we see that Lola is actually in charge and the "director" here. Always enjoy your posts, Jason. You all have a wonderful fun filled Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHA!!!

    Love this guy!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made me laugh out loud. He is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so great. Seriously, Jason, you need to randomly take over the blog and post more often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny! Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your posts Jason and I bet you are one terrific and very fun Uncle. Love the photo. Happy Holidays to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just too stinkin cute!

    Yes, sometimes we just need a little more Jason. Let the giggle-snorts begin!

    Merry Christmas to all the Dear Lillie Team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the picture!! wow.. so that's how it is the poor children do all the labor work. hahaha too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lillie is working so hard... great pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the giggle, Jason! This post makes me smile! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a lovely Christmas card. Very unique. The girls are absolutely darling! Happy holidays to you and to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay... Jason is hilarious AND works for an incredible interior design company. Think I found my dream guy ;)

    Merry Christmas to ya'll, and Jason-keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...